Thread: iPod charging

Spyder Garage

Default iPod charging

Does anybody else out there have a 2013 ST-S? If so does you radio charge your iPod? can't find an answer anywhere. The iPod works and plays just fine but will not charge. I discovered that the radio is the same across all models up to 2018 and so is the cable. Any other ideas would be helpful.

Spyder Garage

Yes the ipod will charge. When I had the 2013 STL. I never took out the ipod classic I had in it. It always seemed to work.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Mine seems to charge fine, only take it out to add songs or Temporary swap & charge phone if needed. The 30 pin connections can be fickle if not secure, especially if going through a case.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Mine is not charging for some reason. Strange because it plays just fine. It is getting power so it should be charging. Curious...

Spyder Garage

It is only powered and charging with the key on.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Well it turns out that an 2010 RT radio, though it does work, will not charge an iPod without the cable from 2010. There was circuitry in the little box that was connected to it that I believe is required. Does anybody have one of those relics from days gone by that they do not need???

Spyder Garage

billybovine it has never charged but it does play. Upon closer inspection it does not give me access to the playlist and such. It act like it would if I plugged a 3.5mm jack into it. So it works just not right.

Spyder Garage

So a 2010 radio. I knew it took a different ipod cable. Sorry I forgot about that.

Does the screen say ipod or aux?

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

AUX I think. I can't check because now the bike won't start, lol. I just get flashing lights on the dash, the engine symbol is flashing, and the screen is gray. WTF

Spyder Garage

I waited a few minuets and turned it on and everything was alright. I checked the screen and it does say iPod but does not let me access the playlist. Just volume and skip up or down. That was all I got to check when my screen went orange and it said Limp Mode. lol. The only thing I can surmise is that my battery is dead. Funny because it is new. I don't have the best of luck.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Hawk View Post
    I waited a few minuets and turned it on and everything was alright.......
    I'm sorry, but inquiring minds need to know - was that the cat type minuet?? Or the musical type?? If it was the cat type, pics please?

Back to your problem, can you check the battery voltage & its terminals? Any chance that when the new battery went in, the terminals didn't get tightened down properly?? Still'n all, I really don't think that'd have anything to do with your iPod not working/playing/charging properly, that'd hafta be the wrong cable/connection surely?!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

You where in the ipod screen. That tells me. The radio is communicating with with the display and the ipod is communicating with the radio. So the wiring is correct and functioning. It's been a few years but from what I remember. There is an album mode (default) There is a playlist mode. Only accessible when you are stopped. Look at the screen for direction. Single chevron means only one function with that short button press. Double chevron means 2 functions. Short button press for one and long button press for the second.

When you press the start button and the screen goes blank and reboots. That is a dead battery or loose battery connection. When a battery is dead. That does not mean it is bad or good just dead. Recharge it. The age of a battery is not proof that it is good or bad.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

billybovine thanks for the info. I still need to solve the charging problem but at least I can access my playlist. I would prefer it on the screen so I would know what I am switching to but I suppose that is asking to much of such an old model Spyder.