Spyder Garage

Default Agreeing to the rules issue

Why am I being asked to agree to the rules every time I try to log in, then have to wait 30 seconds and submit before I can log in?

Spyder Garage

Once you agree...that should take care of repeated requests.

The rules are important and we do enforce them.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WallyM View Post
    Why am I being asked to agree to the rules every time I try to log in, then have to wait 30 seconds and submit before I can log in?
    That means you didnt agree to them, you have to wait for the timer to finish, then click the submit button.
    2018 F3 , Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There are rules?

Spyder Garage

I have to keep submitting also, but on my ladies tablet, it lets me right in. What up?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Quartermain View Post
    I have to keep submitting also, but on my ladies tablet, it lets me right in. What up?
    No issues on the PC &/or Tablet here, but it's started doing this to me whenever I try to open the Forum on my 'phone?!? It's only started this recently tho; up until about 10 days back, I had absolutely no hassles, so possibly it's something to do with the most recent Samsung 'phone software upgrade - maybe it changed the way the internet shuts down when we close it?!?
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Delete your browser history & cache, then restart the browser.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Hope I don't ruffle any feathers here, but I don't "log in" very often. Unless I have a question, I just like to see whats going on on the forum.
    But even just to look around, or lurk as some call it, I have to wait the 30 seconds and submit to rules that, if I was only a lurker, I couldn't get on without registering anyway.
    All I'm saying is the 30 second/submit should show up AFTER you log on/register. This would let potential new ryders/lurkers to see what's going on in our world without having to "submit " to something they can't get on anyhow.
    Last edited by Quartermain; 06-15-2020 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Spelling, sorry

Spyder Garage

Anyone can see SOME of the Forum without registering &/or logging on Quartermain, but 'Guests' just don't get to see it all, or some of the pics.... So if you have registered and it does keep on asking you that question, no matter how infrequently you log on, you can't be scrolling down a bit after waiting & then selecting the 'Agree' button before submitting, cos it only asks you that question if you haven't agreed to the rules yet!! Once you have actually indicated that you've agreed, there's no more repeating that wait & question, and every time you log on from there on in, you'll go straight to the important stuff!

Well, except when some 'device update' has messed with your paricular 'device's settings' & as a result you need to delete your browser history & cache, then restart your browser on that device.....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-15-2020 at 05:44 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

WallyM, what broswer are you using Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Windows 10 Edge?

Some forum sites store this on the Device you are using as a cookie - test it here to see if they are working ok as a starting point https://www.whatismybrowser.com/dete...ookies-enabled
    Last edited by askitee; 06-16-2020 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Adding test page
    2017 RTL , White