Spyder Garage

Default Looking for feedback please.....

I frequent this forum often because I love riding my 2019 Ryker 600 ACE (mileage 2880 miles) so much but also I am aware of the fact that I am mechanically challenged as opposed to so many of you fellow ryders!

I would be most appreciative if any of you have any thoughts regarding my situation today -

I use my bike mostly around town on B roads and usually drive anywhere from 30 to 50 mph - the only issues I have had have both been when entering or driving any higher speed on freeways (Yaw sensor and wiring harness problems) - both covered under warranty.

Today I took bike on I95 for about 25 miles at 60/65mph speeds and sure enough after about 20 miles the limp mode flashed (interestingly without the usual audio alerts) and the bike lost power - I saw VSS flash on screen and the orange icon far right, next to the rt turn arrow remained on. I rode about 5 miles more at 30 mph to my destination. I kept my appointment and an hour later restarted the bike - no signals - everything normal and full power for the next 25 or so miles home - I kept speeds around 40 to 50 as I did not want to push the issue.

When home I checked the codes although nothing on the screen - C0063 came up (YAW sensor) but bike is riding fine as I took it at moderate speeds another 20 miles or so later today although don't know what might happen if I take it up to 65mph and above.

Bike is out of factory warranty but I do have a 4 year BEST warranty so I will be taking it to dealer soon to have it checked out.

Any feed back re the above would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Could it have been possible that your right foot was depressing the brake pedal slightly while you were riding? I have heard that doing that could throw a sensor warning since its tied into the anti-lock braking system.

Maybe after 20 miles your foot/ankle got fatigued from staying above the brake? I know I usually ride in that position.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    Could it have been possible that your right foot was depressing the brake pedal slightly while you were riding? I have heard that doing that could throw a sensor warning since its tied into the anti-lock braking system.

Maybe after 20 miles your foot/ankle got fatigued from staying above the brake? I know I usually ride in that position.
    Markubis - thanks for your reply but I am sure that my right foot was not close to the brake. Bike is fine again today - full power!

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Its probably nothing but if it were me I would poke the bear a little. In my free time I would repeat the same thing a few times ( go back on I-95) and see if it will do it again. If you have no problems then your good to go, if it gos into limp mode then you have more to report to the dealer. I wish you luck I hope it turns out to be nothing.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Intermittent fails are the hardest to find and fix. Could be as simple as what it says you have a yaw sensor fail again (wiring ?) Or wheel speed sensor feeding bad data to the system. Your doing the right thing take it in, do not let them give it back untill they solve it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You might want to think twice before you “do not let them give it back until they solve it” cueman

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    You might want to think twice before you “do not let them give it back until they solve it” cueman

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxfann View Post
    Markubis - thanks for your reply but I am sure that my right foot was not close to the brake. Bike is fine again today - full power!
    Other things to do.
    Keep riding it and if it happens again try to take note of exactly what you were doing when it happened; taking right turn, left turn, braking while turning left or right. Things like that may pinpoint where the issue is. It could be loose wiring in a connector or a wire chafing somewhere.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    Other things to do.
    Keep riding it and if it happens again try to take note of exactly what you were doing when it happened; taking right turn, left turn, braking while turning left or right. Things like that may pinpoint where the issue is. It could be loose wiring in a connector or a wire chafing somewhere.
    Really good point - thanks. The last time the Yaw sensor went out was during acceleration on to a left hand turn entrance to a freeway and this time I was also accelerating around a fairly wide left hand turn and about to enter another freeway. I will take it out again and reproduce these maneuvers and see what happens before I take it to the dealer on Thursday. It seems to be fine today at lower speeds.

Thanks again for your interest and good advice.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxfann View Post
    Really good point - thanks. The last time the Yaw sensor went out was during acceleration on to a left hand turn entrance to a freeway and this time I was also accelerating around a fairly wide left hand turn and about to enter another freeway. I will take it out again and reproduce these maneuvers and see what happens before I take it to the dealer on Thursday. It seems to be fine today at lower speeds.

Thanks again for your interest and good advice.

Sounds like you may be onto something.