Spyder Garage

Default McGraw Powersports Extended Warranty

Went back to the dealer I bought my spyder from. They quoted me $1200 for 4 years extended warranty after Manufactures warranty expires. Is this a good deal? Anyone have good or bad experience with McGraw extended warranty?
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

You should be able to compare McGraw and B.E.S.T. warranty details online; if not get a copy of the former from your dealer. READ THE FINE PRINT VERY CAREFULLY. I know nothing about McGraw; never heard of 'em.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    You should be able to compare McGraw and B.E.S.T. warranty details online; if not get a copy of the former from your dealer. READ THE FINE PRINT VERY CAREFULLY. I know nothing about McGraw; never heard of 'em.
    especially with 4years extended thought max was 3. However did get email from BRP about adjusting the warranties in light of COVID. Hopefully is legit & good deal.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

It is generally a good policy to avoid a third party warranty. They occasionally go away without a trace. Best to go with the mfrs warranty.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    .... never heard of them either ...... and make sure this isn't Really a Service plan .... which requires you to have ONLY the Selling Dealer do the work ....... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I agree with those above. Get the Can-Am 3 year B.E.S.T from Imotorsports/Sierra for $670

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Does anyone have a different extended warranty, besides the BEST that they are satisfied with? Just trying to find options.
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TheCajun1957 View Post
    Does anyone have a different extended warranty, besides the BEST that they are satisfied with? Just trying to find options.
    I went online to look at a McGraw Powersports Extended Contract (not warranty) and found that is also known as the Western Service Contract. In 2018, I went against the tide and purchased the Extended Service Contract from Western Service Contract Corp. for an additional 2 years. It was less expensive than the BEST and there is no deductible (I believe there is a $50 deductible under the BEST). I used it to replace the air compressor with no problem, at a dealer that did not sell me the contract. That one service paid for the service contract (599). It can be used at any dealer or certified repair shop. I still have a month and a half left on it and hope not to use it. I have a 2014 RT Ltd.

Spyder Garage

I am told, no deductible. rental coverage, towing is covered and it seems that it may cover more this the BEST coverage. I know they say covered but usually have restrictions. I like the idea any dealer or repair shop, if I am on the road traveling.

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My sales guy recommend me an outfit called Aegis. In his words, "Aegis is better, no deductible, and available at all Can-Am dealers".

It's $1675 for 3 years though.
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I currently have the 4 year McGraw policy on my 2014 RTS. Truly it's a crap shoot as to whether or not to buy and extended warranty on a spyder. I've had McGraw on bikes in the past but never had to use it. Tongue in cheek, that's one good reason to purchase them, however read closely the exclusions section of the policies your looking at. That's where the the rubber meets the road on warranty policies. Like mentioned above the proof of the value of a policy is in the fine print, and believe me they are NOT ALL THE SAME. You'll be surprised at what's excluded by some and not in others. Choose wisely, and by the way BEST is not the best, it's just the name of the policy. The name of a policy has no correlation to it's contents.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper6 View Post
    My sales guy recommend me an outfit called Aegis. In his words, "Aegis is better, no deductible, and available at all Can-Am dealers".

It's $1675 for 3 years though.
    And I'd suggest THAT's why he recommended it!! More profit for him!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Be very careful. Many of these aftermarket contracts are NOT accepted at a great number of BRP dealers. You are on your own to file the claims and hope for reimbursement. Only the BRP BEST is accepted at ALL BRP dealers. BRP is also very good on honoring claims. Can't say the same for the aftermarket swindlers.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Two if my last McGraw warranty policies were sold to me by a Yamaha/BRP dealer. However, just because I purchased a warranty from that dealer today doesn't mean that dealership will honor my warranty tomorrow. Dealerships change owners unexpectedly from time to time. Today I'm in Texas and next week I find yourself in New York and my policy is not valid in that state, and, I'm in need of serious repairs. Now what do I do? Well, I should have read the exclusions in my policy contained in the fine print. If I'm lucky I'll put my repairs on my visa and negotiate with my policy provider when I get back home.