Thread: RT Windscreen

Spyder Garage

Default RT Windscreen

I've always thought it would be nice to be able to raise and lower the power windscreen
    on my 2017 RTL without having to start the engine. ie: for cleaning purposes.
    Does anyone know of a way around this?
    Thanks in advance.
    Gary
    2017 RTL Asphalt Gray Metalic
    1987 BMW K75s

Spyder Garage

I don't.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Wish we could update 2018 RTL windshield to the new 2020 RTL automatic memory windshield. Anyone know what this would take to add in the software?
    Ride Safe!
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

When you finish a ride, before you turn off the engine raise the windshield. Then it's done, so anytime you want to drag out the cleaning gear the bike's ready for you.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MeudtPG View Post
    Wish we could update 2018 RTL windshield to the new 2020 RTL automatic memory windshield. Anyone know what this would take to add in the software?
    Ride Safe!
    I'm guessing that's part of firmware update 30.7 that's ONLY for the 2020s.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MeudtPG View Post
    Ride Safe!
    I have the 2020 RTL. I have that feature. It's OK, but it's not a big deal, at least for me.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Garf View Post
    I've always thought it would be nice to be able to raise and lower the power windscreen
    on my 2017 RTL without having to start the engine. ie: for cleaning purposes.
    Does anyone know of a way around this?
    Thanks in advance.
    I would say your chances of doing that are somewhere between zero and none unless you're an expert at hacking computers. The windshield motor is controlled by the windshield and parking brake module. The commands to raise and lower are digital commands from the left handlebar switch module sent via the CanBus. Part of the signaling system is a signal from the ECM that the motor has started and reached 900 rpm. You would have to change the the computer program in the WPM and ECM, and maybe other modules, to change the restriction of having to wait for the engine to reach 900 rpm.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)