Spyder Garage

Default F3S Daytona 500 vs RSS 2014 - why is the RSS faster?

Hi guys,

So i have two Spyders the F3S Daytuna 500 stock and RSS 2014 with akrapovic exhaust

My first question is the RSS is faster than the daytuna as the daytuna keeps skidding on acceleration adding to that its tires are brand new, could it be the brand of the tire?

Second question is the sport mode wont work on my daytuna (i have no passenger behind me, and the engine is running and also no VSS faults..

Can i know why it wont work? Keeps popping up TC on and off

I have a passenger seat and back rest also could that be the rpoblem?

Thank you guys!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-14-2020 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Title clarification

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Have you actually raced the 2 spyders against each other? I ask this because I had a 2012 RSS and would have sworn that it was a bit faster than my 2016 F3T (both are 100% stock). Once I got rid of the 2012, I rode my 2016 F3T with a buddy on his 2015 RSS with power commander and exhaust. I also thought his was faster. Then we decided to take them to the track (road course). Each time, I was always pulling away from him in the straights and he was never able to close the gap. He even admitted that my stock 2016 F3T was faster. I still like the sound of the 2 cyl. better, and might pick up another one day. Both are great bikes though, I just hated the heat that my 2012 RSS gave off in the warmer weather.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Have you actually raced the 2 spyders against each other? I ask this because I had a 2012 RSS and would have sworn that it was a bit faster than my 2016 F3T (both are 100% stock). Once I got rid of the 2012, I rode my 2016 F3T with a buddy on his 2015 RSS with power commander and exhaust. I also thought his was faster. Then we decided to take them to the track (road course). Each time, I was always pulling away from him in the straights and he was never able to close the gap. He even admitted that my stock 2016 F3T was faster. I still like the sound of the 2 cyl. better, and might pick up another one day. Both are great bikes though, I just hated the heat that my 2012 RSS gave off in the warmer weather.
    We have a motorcycle dealership here in egypt so we bought two spyders and yes i raced both beside each other AND the RSS made it threw it have akrapovic exhaust installed and also the F3S is stock but still 1330CC vs 990CC how does the 990 get through with just exhaust installed?

Also the f3s keeps skidding its tires and it got brand new tires installed to it 'kenda'

Spyder Garage

If you have a passenger seat on it, the passenger seat will press the button enough that it will not go into full Sport Mode. You can put a cap or ring around the button that is to detect the passenger and get it to go in full Sport Mode. If you have the passenger seat on, even without any weight on it, the display will say that it is in Sport Mode, but the indicator that lets you know the traction control is turned off will not be lit up. Once you put some cap or something over the button under the seat to keep it from being pressed, then the traction control goes off and you can apply full power........ as well as burn up some rear tires.

See the round two bolt cover on top of the breaker box......... it is removed to put the inlet conduit most of the time and thrown away. That is what I put over the passenger seat button under the seat. I kept adding washers until it would hold the seat up off the button. Only one of the bolt holes lined up, but one bolt is all it takes to hold it. I could slot the bolt holes in the cover and put both bolts in, but there is no need.

If you can't find the breaker box blanks, any round piece that will support the seat and hold it up off the detector button will do. Short piece of PVC pipe, Short piece of tubing, right size PVC pipe cap, maybe even piece cut off a coupling.

You can leave the passenger seat off, start it up and see the traction control off indicator on the dash light up. You can even ride it with the passenger seat off. Once you put something over the button under the passenger seat to hold it above the button, there will be a small gap across the rear of the seat. If you like you can make something to fill the gap, but it is narrow and not very noticeable.

Be aware that if you block the passenger detect button and put it in Sport Mode, the nanny will no longer keep you from doing anything really foolish whether you have a passenger on the seat or not. The traction control is no longer in the sysytem.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    If you have a passenger seat on it, the passenger seat will press the button enough that it will not go into full Sport Mode. You can put a cap or ring around the button that is to detect the passenger and get it to go in full Sport Mode. If you have the passenger seat on, even without any weight on it, the display will say that it is in Sport Mode, but the indicator that lets you know the traction control is turned off will not be lit up. Once you put some cap or something over the button under the seat to keep it from being pressed, then the traction control goes off and you can apply full power........ as well as burn up some rear tires.

See the round two bolt cover on top of the breaker box......... it is removed to put the inlet conduit most of the time and thrown away. That is what I put over the passenger seat button under the seat. I kept adding washers until it would hold the seat up off the button. Only one of the bolt holes lined up, but one bolt is all it takes to hold it. I could slot the bolt holes in the cover and put both bolts in, but there is no need.

If you can't find the breaker box blanks, any round piece that will support the seat and hold it up off the detector button will do. Short piece of PVC pipe, Short piece of tubing, right size PVC pipe cap, maybe even piece cut off a coupling.

You can leave the passenger seat off, start it up and see the traction control off indicator on the dash light up. You can even ride it with the passenger seat off. Once you put something over the button under the passenger seat to hold it above the button, there will be a small gap across the rear of the seat. If you like you can make something to fill the gap, but it is narrow and not very noticeable.

Be aware that if you block the passenger detect button and put it in Sport Mode, the nanny will no longer keep you from doing anything really foolish whether you have a passenger on the seat or not. The traction control is no longer in the sysytem.
    Thank you so much I've fixed it but just made adjustment to the seating so it wont press