Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default What a load of crap!

The dealer's tech should be easily able to fabricate ground wires from material that they should have in stock, namely a few feet of light-gauge wire, four crimp-on wire ends, and a few wire ties. That's what I used when I did the job myself. The grounding is to prevent possible CANbus static which affected shifting on SE5 models, seemd to make engine run a tad smoother but it could be my imagination. Never heard that it had anything to do with fires, which only YOU can prevent, says Smokie.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SSPSpyder View Post
    Let's not "shoot the messenger", I read everything to get an idea if there is something to worry about, resolution or not, etc., I don't want a censored version. Honest, open communication is why we are here, isn't it?

Also, when the steering issues were first brought to light, BRP, and some members of the various forums, just pooh-poohed it, and look where we are today

I agree. People are going to be afraid to ask questions or talk about their concerns if they are given the 3rd degree. Ask for clarification in a nice way, but don't the person posting feel stupid. In an learning environment (which I feel this web site falls into that category) there are NO dumb questions. Just because some of you know more about the Spyder, have been riding longer, etc. doesn't mean you didn't have to 'learn' your way to the top. And no....somebody doesn't have to get shot. With the huge learning curve the dealers are under, not all of them are at the head of their class...they make comments to owners, who then bring their information here to "discuss". Lets keep the forum friendly or the snipers will be the only ones on. IMHO.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by czdaryle View Post
    Don't know if I agree with that. I don't think insurance will reimbruse you for any customizing you did? maybe I'm wrong, if I am, please don't jump all over me...I'm scared to post this
    Check your policy to see how much they cover in accessories. Most bike policies cover $3,000-$5,000 in accessories - which should include custom paint jobs, bags, lights, intake parts, etc.

Bike policies are a bit different than cars in that aspect - probably because the acessories are actually attached TO the bike. An example would be a GPS unit. Silly as it sounds - my car insurance will not cover a stolen GPS --- unless it is actually plugged into the car when it is stolen.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Check your policy to see how much they cover in accessories. Most bike policies cover $3,000-$5,000 in accessories - which should include custom paint jobs, bags, lights, intake parts, etc.

Bike policies are a bit different than cars in that aspect - probably because the acessories are actually attached TO the bike. An example would be a GPS unit. Silly as it sounds - my car insurance will not cover a stolen GPS --- unless it is actually plugged into the car when it is stolen.
    thanks I will have to check my policy...and keep reciepts!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

I would have to look at my policy to know for sure but I believe my insurance pays up to a thousand dollars for accessories. Anything above that I would have to add a rider policy.

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

I had both recalls done on my SE5 7/31/08. There is nothing special or complicated about a ground wire other than where it connects. I would not let my Spyder sit waiting for a gnd wire kit.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by czdaryle View Post
    Don't know if I agree with that. I don't think insurance will reimbruse you for any customizing you did? maybe I'm wrong, if I am, please don't jump all over me...I'm scared to post this
    If your policy has an "accessories" coverage, it will, mostly, sort of. BTDT.

john