Spyder Garage

Default 2020 Spyder F3 Limited - is there a solo cowl? Quick Release?

I know the 2020 Spyder F3 Limited comes with rear storage. Does it connect with the new quick release system? And if so, is it possible to install the solo seat cowl to cover the back and make it look better? I love the storage and backrest for long trips but would want to remove it for every day commute. Is this possible with the F3 limited? I know you can get the cowl for the F3 and F3S

Spyder Garage

Yes for the quick removal & yes you can buy a cover panel.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMB View Post
    Yes for the quick removal & yes you can buy a cover panel.
    But from what I can determine without actually having even seen a 2020 F3 Ltd yet, it appears that the 'removed rear storage' cover is only for the area behind the pillion seat that the rear storage trunk leaves open when you take that off!!

It appears that the cover required once you remove the 'rear storage trunk' is a completely separate cover to the 'Solo seat cowl', and neither my local Dealer nor any of the documentation I've come across yet suggests that you can fit both the 'solo seat cowl' and the cover used to hide the gap left by removing the rear storage trunk - but I guess it doesn't say you can't, either?!?

I guess I'll just hafta wait and see.... if/when the 2020 models ever finally arrive here in Oz!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    But from what I can determine without actually having even seen a 2020 F3 Ltd yet, it appears that the 'removed rear storage' cover is only for the area behind the pillion seat that the rear storage trunk leaves open when you take that off!!

It appears that the cover required once you remove the 'rear storage trunk' is a completely separate cover to the 'Solo seat cowl', and neither my local Dealer nor any of the documentation I've come across yet suggests that you can fit both the 'solo seat cowl' and the cover used to hide the gap left by removing the rear storage trunk - but I guess it doesn't say you can't, either?!?

I guess I'll just hafta wait and see.... if/when the 2020 models ever finally arrive here in Oz!
    Lol I’ll have to go to a dealer and ask. I currently ride a Ryker and love the solo look, but don’t like the lack of comfort when riding long distances. Like say ... Flagstaff. I would love a Limited because of the touring features but I think it would be awesome to reconfigure it when I’m in town. It’s mostly about the large trunk that’s not needed during my daily commute.

Spyder Garage

Timm

I haven’t find one yet. Can you direct me to a source?

Rose B.

Spyder Garage

i also have a 2020 F3L, this has been discussed before, and to date no one has does it, rear case comes off, but nothing to cover the area, once its taken off that i know of..humm
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

Also an owner of a 2020 F3L. It does have the "quick release" system. Have never tried removing the rear trunk...although I like that look (as in HD Road King or Kawi Nomad). I would want a "cover" and have not seen these readily available.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-12-2022 at 12:01 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

@OP - If you are referring to the LinQ setup, then no. Well, at least not on my 2021 F3 Ltd. This topic was (and still is) confusing when I was researching prior to the purchase, but come to find out "afterwards", LinQ will not mount without a lot of configurating. Unless someone has come up with a solution.

So, I altered my ryde where I now consider her a convertible. I still cannot use the LinQ setup, but I can remove the rear case at will with minimal effort within 5-10 minutes...awesome for trips where I can leave the rear case in the hotel room, etc.. **I do not know the part number for the rear panel. It was ordered for me.
    Life's short...Play it by ear and ryde!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by numetheus View Post
    Lol I’ll have to go to a dealer and ask. I currently ride a Ryker and love the solo look, but don’t like the lack of comfort when riding long distances. Like say ... Flagstaff. I would love a Limited because of the touring features but I think it would be awesome to reconfigure it when I’m in town. It’s mostly about the large trunk that’s not needed during my daily commute.
    Mesa to Flagstaff? I traded my Ryker Rally in on the 2021 F3Ltd and it is SOOO much nicer on the open road. I leave the box on all the time as I'm likely to pick up a 12 pack or a couple bags of groceries on a whim and they won't all fit in the frunk. Also, the side cases don't actually hold a lot; rain gear and expanded tool kit for me.
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!

Spyder Garage

The F3 topcase does not remove easily like on a 2020+ RT. It can be released to position out of the way to access the rear area, but there is a heavy ground strap attached to it, and also the radio antenna cable that would both have to be disconnected. I know of no cover for this area like the RT.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

I just got my fairing cover in yesterday for my 2021 F3L from cheap bike parts.com. Rear trunk came off easy, wiring wasn't too bad once i found were the antenna wire could be disconnected. Then just had to remove the trunk connector piece to be able to 'seat' the fairing. I like it. I could never get a clear answer of weather it could be done or not, especially from the dealer! So, i just ordered it and went for it. Glad i did. I love the availability of the trunk, but also like the sportier look for in town running around. I can now switch back and forth in about 10-15 minutes. Very pleased. Fairing piece ran about $185.

MJ 12.2021.jpg

SpyderF3.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-19-2022 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display - sorta! :-/
    2021 Limited , Lava Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jbird View Post
    I just got my fairing cover in yesterday for my 2021 F3L from cheap bike parts.com. Rear trunk came off easy, wiring wasn't too bad once i found were the antenna wire could be disconnected. Then just had to remove the trunk connector piece to be able to 'seat' the fairing. I like it. I could never get a clear answer of weather it could be done or not, especially from the dealer! So, i just ordered it and went for it. Glad i did. I love the availability of the trunk, but also like the sportier look for in town running around. I can now switch back and forth in about 10-15 minutes. Very pleased. Fairing piece ran about $185.

MJ 12.2021.jpg

SpyderF3.jpg

Looks great I did the same thing...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jbird View Post

MJ 12.2021.jpg

SpyderF3.jpg
    you also needed other parts also..

clips ? plastic rivets.. how bout before and after pic.. of the back where the panel is, thks
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

Looks like different .
    2019 F3 Limited Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Bought cowl and clips/rivets for new 2022 F3L SE.

708302912 Deep Black, Rear Fairing $204.99
    517302785 Edge Clips (3) $0.95 ea.
    293150230 Tuflok Plastic Rivet (2)...

Spyder Garage

Hi Colorado Craig, I'd really like to do the same for my 2022 F3L. Can you confirm everything worked out? Where'd you get your parts? Any modifications needed to make it work? And of course pics would be great! Thank you, Mia