Spyder Garage

Default New and First Time Spyder Owner

I picked up my first Spyder Saturday, a 2019 RT Limited. This is my first time on three wheels after 55 years of riding and racing bikes, including about 10-15 years as a mechanic and service manager in Honda and Suzuki shops in my younger years. So far loving the Spyder and look forward to learning more about it.

Spyder Garage

You'll love it!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the site.
    Lots of good information available from the folks...
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

and on the new post early and post often with

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the forum Mcutrell. On the new 2019 Spyder RTL. Look around you will find lots of good information on the Spyder RTL in the different areas of the forum. Enjoy the Ride!
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

For new owners like myself and the OP, is there a part of the forum or site that is dedicated to introducing the Spyder to new riders? An FAQ?
    Current Rides:
    2015 Spyder ST-S SM5
    2016 Honda Gold Wing ABS/Navi
    2022 Royal Enfield Classic 350
    2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    For new owners like myself and the OP, is there a part of the forum or site that is dedicated to introducing the Spyder to new riders? An FAQ?
    As a matter of fact...

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-Spyder-owners

And welcome!
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

and

There is a good read for new Spyder owners.

See Rapriders post above.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the best site for information for your RT (better information then your dealer)

Spyder Garage

Welcome---------- Let the farkeling begin!!

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Not sure about the new 2019 owner's manuals, but in 2012 there was a whole section on setting up a practice course for learning how to ride your Spyder. I used it and it helped a lot.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder Owner

Welcome to the Spyder Forum. Post a photo of your Spyder.......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mcutrell View Post
    I picked up my first Spyder Saturday, a 2019 RT Limited. This is my first time on three wheels after 55 years of riding and racing bikes, including about 10-15 years as a mechanic and service manager in Honda and Suzuki shops in my younger years. So far loving the Spyder and look forward to learning more about it.

Glad your aboard. You couldn't have come to a better place to find out about Spyders.
    There is a wealth of knowledge here with great good people that will help you in your transition.
    It was tough for me going from 2 to 3 in the beginning but I have no regrets.

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the forum....I'm a fairly new member here myself. I noticed that you live in Southern IL. Just curious if you purchased from Holzhauer in Nashville, IL? I live in the Knoxville, TN area, but previously lived in IL for 52 years before moving here in 2006. I drove all the way from the Knoxville area to purchase my Spyder RTL from Holzhauer this past February then trailered it home....cold, wind, snow, etc. At the time, I was looking for a Phoenix Orange with the dark package and they were actually the closest dealer to have one...so I made the drive.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Not sure about the new 2019 owner's manuals, but in 2012 there was a whole section on setting up a practice course for learning how to ride your Spyder. I used it and it helped a lot.
    I had never ridden one when I picked up my new 2020 F3. But I read the manual and it had the info about the practice course. I did it in the dealer's parking lot for 10 minutes or so before I drove it home.
    2020 F3S-SS , Titanium/Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the club, purchased my F3L last month....been busy accessorizing it while waiting for license plates to show up so as to be able to ride it.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Gentle at first. It will take a bit for muscle memory to fade after so many years of countersteering.
    You'll get used to it, but it will take several times, and can be frustrating. I fought mine at first. If you've ever ridden 4 wheelers or snowmobiles, you'll get it sooner.
    But, you'll catch it, and then really begin to enjoy it.
    Road presence is very good... you are almost as wide as a Smart car, so IMO, you are seen more readily. Road crowns and heavily travelled "truck" streets can give handlebar wiggles, keep a light touch on the bars. Rain, for the most part, is a non stop event. Unless it's a deluge, there is a pocket of dry you are in when above 40, windshield all the way up. Tops of my boots get wet, gloves some. Grips get blazing hot, I've seen steam from gloves on chilly, wet days.
    Go get some miles on it. The triple is pretty torquey down low, and settles in at 70 on the highway really well.
    First oil change a bit early, I don't like CanAm recommendation for their long intervals, both first and subsequent changes.
    You show Southern IL as a location, PM me if your definition of Southern is as north as Saint Louis. I got my 12, and my 19 at Teds.
    Have fun, be safe.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

A word of caution! BRP screwed up the oil fill instructions in the 2019 user guide. See this post: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...=1#post1506026

Read the entire thread. There's a lot of good info in it about checking oil level in the 1330 engine.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi and .... I have almost the same history as you .... back in 09 I discovered the Spyder ( a GS ) and immed. sold my GW .... I didn't have many riding / handling issues as most when making this transition ..... my Dealer told me to ride it the same way I did for my car, I did and learned the best way to drive my Spyder within about 500 mi. .....read the " Do's & Dont's " thread .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Welcome. I am new as well. Obtained my 2020 RTL late March. I have already observed many great people on the forum. I have learned a lot from reading their posts and look forward to many years of ownership. I hope you enjoy the Spyder and the forum as well. Stay safe.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your spyder purchase and to the spyder web. Dale

Spyder Garage

Welcome. Also been riding 50+ years. Had mine a couple of weeks now, there is a learning curve if you've been riding a while.

Spyder Garage

welcome to the world of Spyderland... You just made one of the best riding investments of your life.. enjoy and ride safe...
    BIG F