Thread: Fan Can

Spyder Garage

Default Fan Can

Hey guys. I have a "new to me" 2011 RSS SE5. It has a Fan Can installed. On a recent 80 degree day, I noticed considerable heat on my right leg/foot.
    Now, I know there were heat issues in this area, and I assume that is what the fan can is for.
    I didnt stop the spyder and get off to make sure that thing was running. I probably should have done that....
    But, I was looking on the Spyderpops web site and emailed them about their (3) products they recommend for alleviating the heat issue.
    I mentioned that there was a Fan Can installed, and was told that needed to come off, as it will damage the engine.
    I replied and asked how that would damage the engine. Was it the power draw or ?
    Haven't heard anything back.
    So I thought I would check the forum and see if anyone here knows about this thing.
    Can it really damage the engine? Do I need to start pulling panels off tonight and throw that thing in the trash?
    2011 RSS SE5
    2011 RSS , BajaRon Orange/Matte Black

Spyder Garage

here's a good answer. take a look at the pic's: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-Pics-Included
    2009 GS , MSD wires Red/Black

Spyder Garage

They are still in business and they still make that part so it can't have been damaging too many engines.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze