Spyder Garage

Default Spyder - Monstertruck edition

There is a thread in the Ryker section about raising the suspension. I just found this raised Spyder, but I thought it deserves a thread of it's own
    "31" UTV tires and wheels , 8" suspension travel through Fox Float racing suspension." according to Its craigslist ad. Not sure if I am allowed to post a link, but those interested can easily find it by searching for "Off-Road CanAm Spyder" in Wilmington NC.

What do you guys Think? Personally I Think it looks fun, but I'd prefer a regular ATV for serious off roading. Really curious how it handles with this insane lift
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I think it looks awesome. I don't see any registration. Wonder about on road handling.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Found a video...
    https://youtu.be/1J3RSs5Sdjs
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

Being so high, I wonder how it handles in a high speed turn.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks military.
    Wonder how long everything would hold up, doubt the original design can handle those alterations.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I took a look at the original craigslist add on facebook. It looked like a fun novelty piece. I will have to search it again, but I thought that one had a chain drive (my eyes were probably playing tricks on me). But I do think that a chain drive might be a little better in this case. I wouldn't buy it, but I would definitely like to ride it.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Greven View Post
    There is a thread in the Ryker section about raising the suspension. I just found this raised Spyder, but I thought it deserves a thread of it's own
    "31" UTV tires and wheels , 8" suspension travel through Fox Float racing suspension." according to Its craigslist ad. Not sure if I am allowed to post a link, but those interested can easily find it by searching for "Off-Road CanAm Spyder" in Wilmington NC.

What do you guys Think? Personally I Think it looks fun, but I'd prefer a regular ATV for serious off roading. Really curious how it handles with this insane lift
    Well this person has turned a muti-purpose Spyder into a single purpose Spyder..... and in it's current configuration isn't really useful as an off-road spyder. .... Last night I saw on Mecum Auctions an 89 Lamborghini ( w-V12 ) into a rendition of a Rat Rod. ..... It was interesting as a design exercise, but to me completely silly. .... IMHO if you want to go Off-road get a veh. designed for it ....ie. an ATV ........... Mike

Spyder Garage

I like it. Not because I think it's practical or I'd want to own it, but because the more Spyders are customized and the more variety of use and/or applications: the more visible the brand becomes. And, the more visible the brand is, the wider the variety of aftermarket accessories and thereby better sales numbers and better resale values, etc, etc.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6