Spyder Garage

Default Has any F3L riders installed Motorcycle Dave's heated seat pad.

I'm looking for advice on where to mount the switch for Motorcycle Dave's heated seat pad. I have the jell and heated seat pad installed. Can't seem to find a good spot for the switch.:

Spyder Garage

Opposite fender from where the passenger heated grips switch is mounted.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PapaHotel View Post
    Opposite fender from where the passenger heated seat switch is mounted.
    My 2016 F3L doesn't have a heated seat switch or rear heated seat.
    I checked out the Can Am heated grip switch to order and they were $99 from my local dealer. So ill be using the one that came with Motorcycle Daves kit. Just need to find a good spot to mount it.
    Bob

Spyder Garage

Hi,

I did install them on my 2016 F3T.

I installed both front and rear heated pad and installed switch where rear heated grip switch should go. There a plug there you just have to remove.

On the other side, I drilled a hole at the same place.

left switch is for front seat and right one for rear seat.

It's still pretty easy to use your left hand to reach the switch for driver seat. Or I just tell my wife to turn it on or off.

20200526_144850580_iOS-544x725.jpg
    20200526_144856137_iOS-544x725.jpg

Maybe I can have used the wires for the heated grip for my heated seat pads, but I just end up passing 2 new wires (fused) directly from the battery to a relay under the passenger seat. That relay can only be turned on when the Spyder is running (getting the signal from the passenger heated grip connector).
    X-Grip Ram Mount Phone Holder, Lamonster Fog and driving lights, BRP Heated grip, Home made rear rack + Shad SH58X top case, BRP belt tensioner
    2016 F3T , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MagYukon View Post
    Hi,

I did install them on my 2016 F3T.

I installed both front and rear heated pad and installed switch where rear heated grip switch should go. There a plug there you just have to remove.

On the other side, I drilled a hole at the same place.

left switch is for front seat and right one for rear seat.

It's still pretty easy to use your left hand to reach the switch for driver seat. Or I just tell my wife to turn it on or off.

20200526_144850580_iOS-544x725.jpg
    20200526_144856137_iOS-544x725.jpg

Maybe I can have used the wires for the heated grip for my heated seat pads, but I just end up passing 2 new wires (fused) directly from the battery to a relay under the passenger seat. That relay can only be turned on when the Spyder is running (getting the signal from the passenger heated grip connector).
    Thanks MagYukon, what switch did you use, Can Am or aftermarket and if aftermarket what size?
    Did you need to take off the saddlebags and what else needed to come off?

Spyder Garage

The switch was included with the heating pads that I received from Dave. If I remember correctly, it fits directly in the hole already in place for the heated grip switch.

I can't recall exactly, but you definatly need to remove saddlebag but not completly. Just slinding them a little on their brackets.

I managed to get the wires running under the passenger seat all the way to the rear, under the black trim behind the seat. And then, I was able to run the wires with the other one for the open switch of the saddlebags.

The kit fromm Dave came with switch and cables. But I had to make some minor adjustment to wire lenght to be able to have connectors to a good place to be able to disconnect them if I ever need to remove saddlebags completly.
    X-Grip Ram Mount Phone Holder, Lamonster Fog and driving lights, BRP Heated grip, Home made rear rack + Shad SH58X top case, BRP belt tensioner
    2016 F3T , Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks MagYukon.my gel seat pad and heating pad are installed, now I need to wire it up.
    Thanks again.
    Bob Carter