Spyder Garage

Default My New Spyder Now Has It's Own DNA.....

So when we bought our new Spyder a few months ago, the most reasonable insurance that we found was through Foremost, via AARP. So yesterday, a small package arrived in the mail and when we opened it, it was a DNA+ kit for the Spyder. It was already pre-registered to us and all I had to do was put it on the bike. The kit comes with a couple of small warning stickers to thieves that the bike is protected by DNA+. There was also a small vial of "stuff" that you dab on the bike in as many places as you can think of...bodywork, wheels, seat, mirrors, ECU, frame and components, engine head if you can access it.....wherever you choose to put it. So this little vial of liquid contains hundred of small dots that contain a unique number that is associated with us. When it is applied, it dries clear and you really cannot see it, so nothing obnoxious. There are also a couple of stickers with "our" number to be placed under the seat, in the frunk or trunk....somewhere out of the weather. So if your bike is stolen and the either found or parted out or wrecked or whatever, the dots can be scanned and linked back to the registered owner. This little packet was free and was sent to us by Foremost insurance as a courtesy. So just curious, has anyone else ever heard of this or use this.....it's totally new to me......but my Spyder now has it's own DNA.

Spyder Garage

Interesting concept. I wonder how many police departments regularly scan recovered vehicles for something like this?
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Interesting concept. I wonder how many police departments regularly scan recovered vehicles for something like this?
    I have no idea....but it seems that it would be better than absolutely nothing.

Spyder Garage

I just changed our vehicle insurance to Farmers/Foremost and I haven't received a DNA+ packet. I'll call them, perhaps tomorrow.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

From what I was able to Google it seems it's use is greater than I expected. There are also several different systems in use from special tags to micro dots. Have not found where any but the largest departments might be checking.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Revalden View Post
    I just changed our vehicle insurance to Farmers/Foremost and I haven't received a DNA+ packet. I'll call them, perhaps tomorrow.
    Not sure if Foremost does it on their own. We had called AARP for a price quote and all of this went through AARP and Foremost. We had to join AARP in order get the pricing that we got for the Foremost insurance........so they may not be offering it to someone that just gets Foremost.....but a call would likely answer that question for you. Good Luck!