Thread: Love Bugs

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Love Bugs

Yuk, went for a ride Saturday on my 2020 RTL, el mucho love bugs, don't mind too much cleaning them off, but I find these critters on my air filters, that's not good. Thinking about putting a finer screen over the protector screens.

Spyder Garage

A few of them popped up in central Mississippi this weekend. Hopefully they won't stay long and they can go back in the ground.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Used to hate those things while living in Tampa. Left alone they will eat the paint off some lesser quality vehicles, posthumously that is. It's if they weren't enough trouble while alive!
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Yuk, went for a ride Saturday on my 2020 RTL, el mucho love bugs, don't mind too much cleaning them off, but I find these critters on my air filters, that's not good. Thinking about putting a finer screen over the protector screens.
    Just be careful not to restrict airflow too much....nothin worse than a front end full of bug guts
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Know what you mean. Cleaned the front of the Spyder yesterday an washed the car. So bad here can't hardly get inside without them coming with you. Planning to head up the road Saturday and I don't ever remember seeing them up there. Got them riding up to Lakeland a couple of days ago.

Spyder Garage

Every year, they come in late spring, they gone for a while, then they come back in the fall. I don't think they have much of a life Never seen them do but one thing.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wish I could ride. The weather stinks around here. Looking forward to some bug splatters.

Spyder Garage

wikipedia has some good information on love bugs, especially the folklore=:-)
    2020 Rally , Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My most vivid memory of love bugs from when I lived in Louisiana was traveling on I-12 heading to Baton Rouge. I was behind a box delivery truck. Ahead was a huge swarm of love bugs. After the truck went through the cloud of bugs there was a clear square hole in the cloud that the truck punched out!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Reading about them, I am happy to live in a place that is love bug free. Clouds of nasty insects that explode in corrosive acid upon impact, ouch!

EWWW!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB8ns7gGFJs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xpEnQ8FiWY

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Greven View Post
    Reading about them, I am happy to live in a place that is love bug free. Clouds of nasty insects that explode in corrosive acid upon impact, ouch!

EWWW!
    Do you have to use windshield wipers during the summertime infestation of mosquitoes to keep your windshield clean like your neighbors, the Finns, do?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Reminds me of the scene in " Gumball Rally" where motorcyclist ( Lapchik -- the mad Hungarian ) is covered in yellow flying bugs,
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Do you have to use windshield wipers during the summertime infestation of mosquitoes to keep your windshield clean like your neighbors, the Finns, do?
    That sounds pretty horrible aswell! :O
    No extreme bug issues where I live thankfully, but we had snow just a week ago, so I guess the lack of bugs is balanced by the extremely short bike-season

Spyder Garage

For your listening pleasure:

https://youtu.be/HFZPfFZbq-s?t=4

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red