Spyder Garage

Default Akrapovic Sinister Silencer/F3 worth it?

Opinions...is the Akrapovic Sinister Silencer made for the F3 worth the coin?

Spyder Garage

Those that like the sound, like them. All depends on how easy that $1K comes.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I’m leaning towards not easy enough haha. I saw the YouTube video on the differences. I wasn’t too impressed

Spyder Garage

I have the akra on mine. Honestly it drones a bit and sounds a lot (to me) like my kubota tractor. Shoulda saved the money.
    2019 F3S SM6 , Black metallic with pearl color change

Spyder Garage

ThAnk you very much for the advise. I think I’m going to pass.

Spyder Garage

I'm liking everything about my RLS Exhaust cat delete with a the resonator. It gives a throaty sound with no increase in the noise level. Costs about 1/3 the price of that muffler. I kept the stock muffler.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

The Akrapovic Sinister Is a great pipe...but...it needs more..combine it with a RLS cat delete..with NO baffle..that's the ideal setup..it will sound great..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    I'm liking everything about my RLS Exhaust cat delete with a the resonator. It gives a throaty sound with no increase in the noise level. Costs about 1/3 the price of that muffler. I kept the stock muffler.
    Can you specifically tell me what you ended up buying with your exhaust setup? I would really be interested in the sound you mention without it being horribly loud.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acdcking12 View Post
    Can you specifically tell me what you ended up buying with your exhaust setup? I would really be interested in the sound you mention without it being horribly loud.
    The only thing I purchased and installed was an RLS polished cat delete with the built on resonator. It relieves some back pressure, but not all, which is a good thing. Ricky sometimes offers $$ off the price, so keep an eye on his web site. He posts that in this forum as well.
    Re the sound; I now have a smooth and more throaty sound with no increase in the decibel level, just as Ricky told me it would prior to the purchase. I always like to order over the phone, so I know what I'm getting. I'm not a noise freak, but I do like the improved sound and I also sense an increase in power - imagined or not. I am very pleased with it.

DSCN2713.jpg
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

The Akrapovic Sinister silencer i had on my F3s had to be changed under warranty as the carbon fibre moulding by the lower exit would burn from the heat of the gases! BRP said they would only change it once and guess what, Exactly the same thing happened to the replacement.

I now know why Can-Am list a replacement exit in the catalogue...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Those that like the sound, like them. All depends on how easy that $1K comes.
    .... If you like the Different sound is it worth the coin ..... because the Spyders performance isn't going to get any better .... the only way to improve performance on a Computer controlled engine ( and the Spyders are ) ... is to re-map the computer..... this is a fact not an opinion ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I love mine. Sounds great to me, but everybody is different. I’m running the cat delete with no baffle. It is loud when hard accelerating, but also loud to let others know you’re there. I found mine new on ebay for $775.

Spyder Garage

I like the Sound ,not overtly annoying to others and gives bike a soul

Spyder Garage

Just installed RLS cat delete resonator and love the sound with stock exhaust got the black coated one . Highly recommended!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    That is great news as I'm waiting for my RLS to clear customs into Canada and I too am using the stock muffler. How would you describe the difference pre/post?

Spyder Garage

The RLS resonator may give you the sound you want for less $$$. i have the Sinister pipe with no carbon fiber issues and will add the RLS resonator unbaffeld with tune when ready. By itself the pipe is not overly loud or obnoxious. I do like the sound and probably the nicest pipe you can put on the Spyder, but the RLS mufflers are definitely louder. All depends on what you want.

Spyder Garage

If and when you’re ready to sell the Sinister, keep me in mind. I am not forking over $1,100 for a slight change in sound. I have my limits...there faint but I have them hahaha.