Spyder Garage

Default 2018 top case amplifier kit question

We have a 2018 F3-T (hers) and will be adding the top case to it. The accessory book and online says that the amplifier kit is needed for 2016-2017... but I'm 99.9% sure the 2018 needs it too... the part number from the 2018 accessory book has the same part number.

So, has anyone added it to a 2018 even though the new books only says up through 2017? Hoping they didn't change the software or something dumb....
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

I can't answer about the 2018s but I did need it for my 2016. After you install the top box and do all the audio connections, check to see if the 2018s need to do the soft ware download so the rear speakers don't perform at max volume. I found out the hard way about that. Your dealer can down load the soft ware onto a thumb drive and you can finish the down load to your spyder thru the usb in the glove box on the dash. Follow the on screen instructions, it's easy and maybe takes about 5 minutes.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

So, I have the answer. Her topcase came in and I installed it tonight. The 2018 F3T does not need the amplifier kit. The needed plugs are already on the Spyder and the top case hooks right in and the rear speakers work as expected. Didn't even need the software update. Guessing it was cheaper overall for BRP to just make 1 radio for all Spyder versions rather than some that needed a separate amp kit for the rears.
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black