Spyder Garage

Default loose chrome piece on rt mirror

Good evening, hope everyone got to ride today. It was a nice day in Chicagoland.

I dropped my rt mirror and the chrome piece came loose and I'm afraid it might not stay on (see pic). What holds this together--any suggestions?
    Thanks, Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Angry What superior engineering from BRP

Wimpy little tabs of brittle plastic hold the mirror together. I had one break and used a small screw to hold the mirror together. Remember how BRP designed the RT mirrors to be removed???? A hard slap to the bottom of the mirror. Think that may loosen or BREAK a brittle plastic tab???? Thank goodness for the magnetic mirrors.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    Good evening, hope everyone got to ride today. It was a nice day in Chicagoland.

I dropped my rt mirror and the chrome piece came loose and I'm afraid it might not stay on (see pic). What holds this together--any suggestions?
    Thanks, Mike
    Can you get a strip of double sided sticky tape in there to hold it together? They use it a lot on cars!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

If you go the double sticky tape route, automotive trim tape from 3M, be sure to get some adhesive promoter wipe(s) to go with it for final prep before applying the tape.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S