Spyder Garage

Default OMG another tire thread sorry

Hi I've got a 2014 RT LTD and I have the stage 2 flash. What tire does anyone recommend for the rear that will get better traction due to the increase in power with the flash. It's getting close. I already have 2 new front tires to put on. Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am out on this one , as you probably know where this will go and which tires will be mentioned.. Good Luck!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    Hi I've got a 2014 RT LTD and I have the stage 2 flash. What tire does anyone recommend for the rear that will get better traction due to the increase in power with the flash. It's getting close. I already have 2 new front tires to put on. Thanks, Mike
    The Q-5 probably has the best traction , but I wouldn't discount the Altimax RT43 ..... it would be close ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

+1....Q5's

Spyder Garage

Bought this one and really like it. Speedo pretty much dead nutz on..
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I went with the Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15. Traction is a lot better than the stock Kenda.
    2013 RTS
    M2 Shocks
    Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55/15
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 175/55/15
    Viair 97
    2013 RTS , Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

WHO MAKES/SELLS THE q5 AND IS 205/55R15 THE CORRECT SIZE, THANKS MIKE SORRY 4 THE CAPS I'M NOT YELLIN JUST FORGOT AND TOO LAZY TO TIPE AGAIN
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

WHO MAKES/SELLS THE q5 AND IS 205/55R15 THE CORRECT SIZE, THANKS MIKE SORRY 4 THE CAPS I'M NOT YELLIN JUST FORGOT AND TOO LAZY TO TIPE AGAIN
    The Q-5 is the Quatrac 5, and is made by Vredestein, ... the sizes available are 205/60-15 and 205/65-15 ..... both will work for any Spyder ..... folks here have bought from these three sellers ...Tire rack , Simple tire, and Vulcan tire .Mike .

Spyder Garage

Thanks Everyone
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    That is my favorite so far too.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    This will be my next tire also, it will replace my Michelin Hydroedge...

Spyder Garage

You might consider searching for a performance tire vs a touring tire, since you are wanting more grip.

Spyder Garage

Even though it's rated as a touring tire made with a relatively long lasting compound I found it to handle and grip quite well, much better than the on paper status would indicate.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

If its dry traction you are looking for, you will be better off with the Yokohama Advan than either of the station wagon tires mentioned above from Vredestien or General.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I might even think about dismounting and mounting it myself if I'm too bored

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I don't know that you can find any car tire that won't break loose if you really goose it! There just isn't enough vehicle weight on them to make them stick tight. I've used the Michelin Hydroedge, the General RT43, and now the Cooper C5 Ultra Touring. They all have broken loose on damp pavement and dry pavement.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Hi Mike, could you tell me more about the stage 2 flash? Does it wipe out stock programming, nanny, etc.? I'm looking to get my 2012 rt roadster reprogrammed but don't know where to send it. Thanks, Corey