Spyder Garage

Default Dash Cam for your bike

Found this on YouTube and thought some here might find it interesting......

Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Very interesting. Looks like a good way to go for a real dashcam. Price seems decent, to me anyway, at $129 at NewEgg.com.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Front and rear dash cams are nice. This one seems to be a good deal for the money. Would like to see one in person.

I use the Innovv K2 system on mine. I must say most of my footage goes to waste. And for what i got it for that is a very good thing! Been using dash cams on everything I drive for years.
    The major advantage for the K2 is already having a built in GPS and ability to sink with a map program so the vid, map, speed, etc are all on screen at one time. Nicely built out of quality parts.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

I had an inexpensive (under $70) back-up camera on my service truck. It was wired to the back-up lights, so it was on only when backing. The image was transmitted wirelessly to the screen up front - no wires to run the length of the vehicle.
    I'd like to find that system and put it on my F3L. Gonna do search on eBay.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I ordered one of these with the gps module a couple days ago. I ordered through Aliexpress. So it will take a month to get here from China. Amazon.ca had them but not the gps option.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    I ordered one of these with the gps module a couple days ago. I ordered through Aliexpress. So it will take a month to get here from China. Amazon.ca had them but not the gps option.
    Please let us know your thoughts on it after using for a while. Several people have asked about mine but are turned off at the cost. It would be nice to be able to reference a less expensive alternative.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

I use the IBeam system works well and has both front and rear cameras.
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I found this one on eBay. I like that it is flush mounted (even comes with a hole saw) but seems to lack a monitor. That's good, because I can order separately, a small screen, waterproof one that's more to my liking.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Ca...YAAOSwoYlc64Sf
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Be careful not to confuse backup cameras with dashcam. A backup camera and monitor let's you see the image in real time, but does not record. A dashcam system, like the one in the OP, constantly records, overwriting older images with newer ones. It's primary purpose is to create a video record of what has been in front of and in back of your vehicle over the last xx minutes. What I see on the website the Ibeam system is a video monitoring system, not recording system. But I could be wrong!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I got that Idaho.....I have a dash cam in my car -- I had a back-up camera on my truck. No need to record backing, that could be embarrassing!

Spyder Garage

One comment about the review. Near the end he mentions about a sudden loss of power. It takes a couple seconds to shut down. He then assumed that it is because of an internal battery or capacitor. I don't think that is correct. The DVR needs 2 power wire. One always on and one switched. The smooth shutdown was due to the always on power source.

Update: Well it does have an internal battery. I missed that on the first read of the specs.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I know that this thread is a little dated, but did you ever get your dash cam installed? and how do you like it?

Update:

Never mind, I found your Installation post. Sorry.
    Last edited by GFrog; 01-25-2022 at 05:16 PM.
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky Mystery Blue
    2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50 SE

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    Found this on YouTube and thought some here might find it interesting......

This is the "Blueskysea B1M Motorcycle Dash Camera No Screen" product. Worth a look, I think.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I ordered that B1M on Amazon yesterday based on that video and also BillyBovine's install post and videos. Amazon did not have the GPS module to go along with the B1M so I ordered that one from ebay for $20.00 with free shipping... from China.

Although it's not the exceptional quality of the INNOVV K3 or K5, it is hundreds of dollars cheaper and is completely adequate for my needs as a video witness in case of an incident/accident.

Thank you all for your input and recommendations.
    Last edited by GFrog; 01-26-2022 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Typo
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky Mystery Blue
    2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50 SE