Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default 2019 F3s SS Blue Ridge or 129 windshield

Hey guys. Soon to be new owner of a 2019 F3SS. Was debating on a few OEM options.(I maybe crazy but I want to stick with OEM). Blue Ridge windshield or 129? Auxiliary Lights? Cannonball Seat? MTX Soundbar? I guess I’m asking what options are worth it and i will be happy with. Thanks everyone! Super Excited

Spyder Garage

Firstly, Congrats on moving to an F3. Secondly, geez fella, give yourself time to make up your own mind as to what you want to do with other than toss dollars at it. Others here are gonna say, I got this, or I got that and I'm very happy with it. You must have $$$ to burn if you are sticking with only BRP offerings when there are lots of choices for way less. Good luck anyhoo.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

No money here!!!! Hahaha. Just concerned with quality issues outside of BRP and voiding warranties. I guess that doesn’t matter unless its electrical or mechanical? Not completely opposed to after market items but I haven’t seen so much of a price distance that you’re referring too? I’m all ears and welcome any advise i can get

Spyder Garage

For a windshield, check out 7Jurock. Unbeatable prices and I have never been disappointed in decades of using theirs. I have one on my F3L. If your saddle is not comfortable - as mine is not - take you and your bike to a saddle customizer and have it tailored to your butt. I have an appointment on the 21st. I will post photos of the sausage being made.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Spyder Garage

I have a like new Blue ridge windshield with all hardware ready to install if your interested. About a 1 year old, only used for several months. $200.00 and I will pay shipping in the Continental U.S. Also have BRP detachable passenger backrest same age and like new with hardware. Sell for $285.00 and I'll pay shipping.

Spyder Garage

Can I ask why are you selling? I’m interested. Just haven’t decided on a a windshield yet? I feel like the blue ridge is more functional but takes away from the sports streamlined style a bit. The 129 i feel like may not cut the mustard in regards to Functionality but looks better. With all that being said, I’m leaning towards the Blue Ridge. Also is the seat in good shape? Thanks for helping out. I will also check out a custom seat as I’ve seen a few times in recommendation on here.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PgRykerRally View Post
    Can I ask why are you selling? I’m interested. Just haven’t decided on a a windshield yet? I feel like the blue ridge is more functional but takes away from the sports streamlined style a bit. The 129 i feel like may not cut the mustard in regards to Functionality but looks better. With all that being said, I’m leaning towards the Blue Ridge. Also is the seat in good shape? Thanks for helping out. I will also check out a custom seat as I’ve seen a few times in recommendation on here.
    Blueridge and 129 share same mounting hardware and are pretty much identical except hight, if it gives you wind buffetting or you dont like the height you can always cut it off like I did but you cant make 129 any bigger
    IMG_20200402_215958_378.jpg
    2015 Canam Spyder F3-S SE6
    Detachable Passenger backrest #219400703
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Blue Ridge Windshield #219400746
    Hood stripes decal kit #219400711
    F3 Idler Pulley #219800431 / Lamonster roller upgrade
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Lamonster F3 bar clamp with Quad-lock phone mount
    Foam Hand Grip Covers
    Tufskinz Peel & Stick Tank Protector Pad (Glossy doomed carbon)

Spyder Garage

The suggestion to ride it a bit before farkeling is a good one.

If you must farkle up front, you cannot go wrong with some extra lighting.

I bought my 19 F3L in December. For starters, I added the signature light and driving lights. That was it.

I did add a Cannonball Seat at 500 miles. For me, it is much improved over the OEM mush seat.

Fast forward to April, I added more lights. Got mirror lights, vent lights, and rear trunk decorative lights. Also added the wider brake pedal and chrome trunk rack. Was thinking about a new windshield, but after five months, I still like the OEM windshield.

For now, I am done farkeling. No mechanical improvements added. I am very happy with the F3 the way it is. Almost 5,000 miles now.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-07-2020 at 07:48 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Great advise guys....keep the ideas coming.

Spyder Garage

I have a 2019 F3 and I have the blue ridge and have to say it is Ok. I would not buy it again, dealership gave me a really good deal on it and free installation. It is fine around town but once I hit the highway I get alot of buffeting. I am 5'11 and have my pegs in position 4. I am going to keep the blue ridge for this year and re-evaluate next year. I have just under 1000 miles with the bike/windshield. Side note, I do like the looks of the windshield. Congrats on the new Spyder!!!!
    2017 F3 limited , Black

Spyder Garage

Hey guys. Soon to be new owner of a 2019 F3SS. Was debating on a few OEM options.(I maybe crazy but I want to stick with OEM). Blue Ridge windshield or 129? Auxiliary Lights? Cannonball Seat? MTX Soundbar? I guess I’m asking what options are worth it and i will be happy with. Thanks everyone! Super Excited
    I own a 2015 F3-Sport and owned it for several years...over that time I`ve seen the strengths and weaknesses of this machine...its a pretty reliable bike...as long as you take care of it as with all things....and to me it has one weakness...that will be be eliminated...IF....you confront the issue early on after purchasing it...or..buying it with bike and that is the SHOCKS...to me the springs are weak...especially if you ride with a passenger...budgetwise it can be expensive, depending on what brand, how you ride, etc. so before you buy all the acessories you mentioned, please look into upgrading the shocks first...then do the other things.. many spyder owners have done this and are very pleased afterwards. the ride quality is like night and day.
    Congradulations on getting the F-3 Sport!!!

Spyder Garage

I have a 2019 F3 SS and I have the Blue Ridge windshield. I wanted to keep it more sporty but I wanted enough windshield to keep the bugs off my torso and some protection at least on long trips. So far I have been happy with the Blue Ridge. I am 5'8" and do get buffeting and an occasional bug to the face shield but most hit higher on the face shield and Helmet.

The only things I added pretty quick were Windshield, LED Head Lights/Fog Lights, and a Dual power plate on the handle bars for USB/12V power.

It is really hard but as others have advised I plan on riding it a while before I decide to do anything else such as other accessories, Swaybar, ECU remapping, Exhaust, Shock upgrades (already has Fox shocks though), etc. This was my first spyder and only had it since October with only 3800 miles on it, so still learning.

Spyder Garage

I’m a big boy at 6’2 240lbs. I’m wondering if i should replace the seat right away at pickup? I’m getting 20% off all accessories at purchase date and 15% there on in. Leaning towards the Blue Ridge myself though.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by timd35 View Post
    It is really hard but as others have advised I plan on riding it a while before I decide to do anything else such as other accessories, Swaybar, ECU remapping, Exhaust, Shock upgrades (already has Fox shocks though), etc. This was my first spyder and only had it since October with only 3800 miles on it, so still learning.
    Keep on learning, even Bajaron told me that, before buying his swaybar. You are already ahead of the game with the Fox shocks. My F3L is still box stock and although I press it hard in the twisties, I have yet to meet its limits. That said, I will eventually get his swaybar, but not before I will really know the difference.
    As far as ECU remapping goes, I am very pleased with what power and acceleration I have. I have yet to lose a drag with a car or bike. No, I have never gone up against a Huyabusa.

Spyder Garage

I’m a big boy at 6’2 240lbs. I’m wondering if i should replace the seat right away at pickup? I’m getting 20% off all accessories at purchase date and 15% there on in. Leaning towards the Blue Ridge myself though.
    One thing I have learned about seats is, one size does not fit all. Re a stock and/or aftermarket seat, if I can try it, I don't buy it. I got a mail order one once and I will never repeat that mistake. That's why I only go to a saddle customizer. Here's mine and you'll see why.
    https://www.mredsmoto.com/mredsmoto

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Congrats! I am close to your size (6'-2", 255) and have a F3T. I picked up a larger shield, but decided that I love the stock one on my bike for solo riding. Only need the extra protection for when the wife is with me. As for the seat, I think the stock seat is OK, but to me the biggest difference that I have found is in the type or style of underwear that I am wearing (yeah, I said it). Boxers are definitely a no no, sometimes briefs can be a little bunchy too. But a good pair of boxer briefs (the briefs with the slightly longer legs) work great. Yeah, funny how a little thing such as that can make a big difference. I normally stop about every 80 miles anyway. But this past weekend I did 500 miles, and 160 miles on one of those stretches. I have a corbin seat that I picked up from someone, but it needs to be recovered. Not sure if I will be using it or getting rid of it. The stock one is doing fine for now (with the right pair of underwear
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the great advise and underwear recommendations! Haha that’s real funny. Thing is, I’m buying the bike 3hrs away (saving roughly $800). So i feel pressured at 20% off stock items to pull the trigger while I’m there. Then again, if I rush and pickup just one item I regret, the percentage saved is wasted. All I know is I’m super psyched. We’re upgrading from the Ryker Rally which was a lot of fun, but at the time I didn’t realize the type of rider i was, how long I would be riding for, nor was i willing to spend $16,000 at the time for an F3. After I put 4,000 miles on it in less than 6 months I realized i was hooked and wanted more. The F3ss can be polarizing but I think its different which in my opinion makes it standout and bold. Keep the advise coming guys! Helpful tip from a first responder, just watch what you touch and keep a small bottle of sanitizer on you. Also if a cop pulls you over during this pandemic, on a motorcycle,...you’re getting written up for sure and he’s probably having “a day” Be safe out there!

Spyder Garage

Do you like the Auxiliary Lights and Windshield? Do you feel the windshield takes away from the look?

Spyder Garage

The reason I am selling the windshield and passenger backrest is, I bought a larger windshield because I ride two up almost all the time and wife wanted more protection, I like the looks of the Blue Ridge much better, but happy wife happy life. We also replaced the stock seat with an Ultimate seat with matching passenger and driver backrest so don't need the BRP detachable backrest. Let me know if your interested as I am going to list them in the for sale by owner soon section soon.

Spyder Garage

I am a brand new first time owner myself, F3-S Special. I did add the 129 windshield, passenger backrest and armrests, and the "occassional 2 up" rear shock. I am awaiting delivery of position 5 brake linkage. I am going to add Pierre Poliquin's (canamspyderaccessories.com) footboards right away. So without any baseline experience for comparison I love the windshield. To me it enhances the visual appearance as well as serve its practical purpose. The wife and kids love the passenger armrests. Our plan is to buy a second Spyder in the not too distant future, probably F3 Limited, for the wife, and begin touring the grand scenery of the good ole U S of A with the kids aboard behind each of us!!

Spyder Garage

That sounds great. I haven’t completely converted my wife to a Spyder lover....yet. Haha. Getting a second one would be nice but i would have to wait to lick my wounds from this purchase! As you already know, its not a cheap investment. Trying to figure out “must haves” for accessories first

Spyder Garage

I did forget to mention +1 to lights. I didn't get auxiliary (fog) lights but am ordering a set of LED headlights and auxiliaries from Lamonster ASAP! Oh yeah I am definitely licking wounds on this one as you say. Wife is eager to start her teaching career and then buy it “on her own”. So I simply smile and say, “You go girl!”

Spyder Garage

How tall are you? I’m 6’2 and i was concerned about buffeting. I heard that’s a problem with the Blue Ridge windshield? I also do not like the look of the F4 customs windshield as it takes away from the look of the bike IMO (too tall). I understand it for the Limited’s or RT’s but the F3SS is somewhat of a different look and animal. I didn’t want to take away from that Sporty Mean MF look with an extra large windshield. Help! Haha

Spyder Garage

How tall are you? I’m 6’2 and i was concerned about buffeting. I heard that’s a problem with the Blue Ridge windshield? I also do not like the look of the F4 customs windshield as it takes away from the look of the bike IMO (too tall). I understand it for the Limited’s or RT’s but the F3SS is somewhat of a different look and animal. I didn’t want to take away from that Sporty Mean MF look with an extra large windshield. Help! Haha
    For me at 5' 10 the buffeting was unbearable, thats why I started cutting (suggestion of another member here) my blueridge until buffeting was gone. So now it's longer than 129 and shorter than stock blueridge, never looked back. If you are looking for an aftermarket one Madstad I thing is the least intrusive in terms of the looks.
    2015 Canam Spyder F3-S SE6
    Detachable Passenger backrest #219400703
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Blue Ridge Windshield #219400746
    Hood stripes decal kit #219400711
    F3 Idler Pulley #219800431 / Lamonster roller upgrade
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Lamonster F3 bar clamp with Quad-lock phone mount
    Foam Hand Grip Covers
    Tufskinz Peel & Stick Tank Protector Pad (Glossy doomed carbon)

Spyder Garage

No idea where to begin with cutting...maybe go for the 129 then? After market shields are way to big and take away from then look of the bike IMO