Thread: CB for 2020

Spyder Garage

Default CB for 2020

I contacted Radio Sound who has done some CB radios in Can Ams, and they said they did not install the system in the 2020’s. To contact Can Am.
    Does anyone know who did the system or what and how to install a CB if you can on the 2020 RT Limited.
    Thanks
    Ben
    FYI I ride with Harley’s, they all use it. And I do not do Bluetooth helmets.

Spyder Garage

J&M makes a great motorcycle CB unit that we have installed on a number of Spyders. Works far better than the OEM CB that used to be available on the older RTs. Can also be integrated with SENA bluetooth headsets so no cords either.

BRP no longer offers a CB option.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I can agree with the vote for J&M. I have installed several on other bikes, including a Honda ST1300, a couple of Honda PC800s, several classic Suzuki GSes, and I am about to install one on our '17 RT-S.

My favorite supplier (so far) for them is Sierra Electronics. I have the fortune to live less than an hour from them.

Spyder Garage

Any model info or other helpful information? Thanks

Spyder Garage

I use a Midland Model Number 75-822 with Sean SR10

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

I second the request for information. I've communicated with J&M and they have no idea how to use their CB on a Spyder. #jcthorn & #Steve W, any information on mounting the J&M and antenna, as well as making it Bluetooth would be highly appreciated.
    2017 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

I used both the Midland and the J&M model. Mounted the J&M on my brothers Suzuki. Got the SWR in specs and it worked great. If I decide to add a CB it will also be the J&M.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Spyder Garage

Which J&M unit do you recommend as well as which SENA units?
    2016 RTS , GPS, entertainment cable. Outlets in trunk and trunk. White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The J&M radio is the CB2003. It is available as a solo or dual model. If you even plan to carry a passenger, get the dual.

I have not seen what JC Thorne has available for mounting, but I made a bar that bolts on to the back of the left handgrip assembly. I also have our XM radio sitting beside the CB, so I knew I would have to make something custom. I also happened to have a couple of sockets from a previous install that I incorporated into the mount. I also added one of those sockets to the space beside the passenger's left hip.

For the antenna, I installed the upgrade kit from Sierra Electronics, which included the mounting block, antenna and the cable to reach forward to the radio. They also included a heavy-duty ground wire to ground the antenna mount to the chassis. I still need to find a boot to close off the hole around the antenna.

I did not try to incorporate the J&M into the Spyder sound system at all, but I do understand that there is a Bluetooth adapter available. We don't have anything else connected via Bluetooth, so we elected to mount it as a stand-alone system.

We don't ride with many Harleys, but the Goldwing crowd is similarly connected with CBs.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

We use the J&M mount for Yamaha touring bikes. It bolts to the top hole on the Lamonster Garage top cuff.

20200119_120727.jpg

Interface with the Sena SR10 CB radio interface module requires a custom made cable but its not complicated and is then plug n play.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Question on this tech:
    If I'm listening to music, will it override the music if it is receiving a voice, or is it problematic to listen to music on my phone and want to be able to hear another rider trying to reach me?
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.