Spyder Garage

Default Ryker Riders in Georgia/ Ryker Riders Everywhere Pics/Videos

Ryker riders in Ga where y'all at??? Lets ride!!!! Practicing social distancing of course. I'll post a few pics of my Ryker once I have it back. Everyone post pics/videos of your Rykers (once I figure out how to post videos ill do that as well), Im always interested to see what people have done to theirs (accessories, modifications etc...)

Spyder Garage

we ryde here in Austria/Italy ... 10.000 mile last year - lets see how many we reach this year ?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMLp3N-R79M
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ryker2020 View Post
    Practicing social distancing of course.
    Is it recommended to wear a mask inside of your helmet? Anyone know?
    2019 Can-Am Ryker 900 RE
    2019 900 Rally Edition , Black w/Yellow Panels

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    I really like your video slide shows, but please consider extending the transition time between pictures to give the viewer more time to enjoy each picture.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

I went out today for a short 45 mile ride to check if I finally got the handlebar straight. It was slightly out sense last year. Now A OK. Note the mirror on windshield, hangs on with suction nice and tight. I love the floorboards. Backrest is attached to the bag (with pump, plugs, & air cartridges inside) , not real solid but it does the job for now. I did the paint job last year. "Road Scholar" on fenders is a carry over from my bicycling. My cycling friends gave me that name because I amazed them when I knew if there were any rough roads ahead, inc. loose dogs, construction, or fresh Chip Seal. Led headlights and a 4" strip of red brake only led lights up under seat (not shown). Strips of led drive/turn signal lights around air scoops. Air Hawk seat cushion definitely works. I attached the water bottle cage today actually to the mirror clamping bolts. The jury is still out on it, but I'll appreciate it more, later this summer. Lower 60's today and yesterday, only mid 40's tomorrow here in Norther Illinois. Oh, note the yellow and black "Cinilli" handlebar tape. Works good. I almost forgot to mention the Rox 2" handlebar riser (tilted close to 45 degrees) works great. It's best to move handlebar forward to load up on fuel. Maybe someday I'll get a larger windshield.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTRyker View Post
    Is it recommended to wear a mask inside of your helmet? Anyone know?
    I am thinking that would be overkill. If your riding the bike and following social distancing recommendations, you should be good.

Bring the mask along and anytime you get where there are crowds, put it on.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Sun kills the Wuhan Virus very quickly. Being out doors in fresh air is the best preventive medicine.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old Timer View Post
    The Sun kills the Wuhan Virus very quickly. Being out doors in fresh air is the best preventive medicine.
    I believe Zinc and Quinine in Tonic water PREVENTS the virus. Quinine helps usher the Zinc into your cells.

Spyder Garage

To Canamryder: Where did you get the floorboards? Do they seem to be more comfortable than the pegs?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Geo333 View Post
    To Canamryder: Where did you get the floorboards? Do they seem to be more comfortable than the pegs?
    This project took time, some frustration, hack sawing, drilling, 6mm bolts and lock nuts (with nylon inserts), bravery, and being some what mechanically inclined. I knew if I messed up I could purchase PEGS from "cheapcycleparts.com" for 25$ each. I had the time (retired) Mech. inclined (QC inspection 35? years).
    I really like the floorboards. I suppose it was worth the all the effort. ALL items for project probably around 75$. Do you own a hand drill and a hacksaw? Compare all of that to trying to purchase new ones for 290.$ YOUR DECISION!
    https://www.slingmods.com/canam-ryke...rch=floorboard
    I didn't like the "chrome?" around the rubber mat, as you see in the pictures I gotta work out something better. Hard to match up the angle from one floor board to the other. HEADS UP> I don't know why, and isn't felt while riding, but one peg is about 3/8" higher than the other measured at the tip to the floor. IS YOURS? Take that in to consideration while trying to equal up the angles. You won't get the angles to match perfectly. If they're close you won't notice it while riding. After Market ones would be nicer but I had the time for this project. I feel new ones are about 100$ too much. I rather spend money on a BEST Warranty.
    https://www.amazon.com/Emgo-16210101...s%2C202&sr=8-8
    As you see not all nuts fit flush up to the inside curve of peg. At first I tried just using one long bolt (came with floorboards) but the triangular shaped supports on underside of floorboards didn't seem far enough apart at the back lower corner, fighting matching up angles too much, so I hacked them off. That was BEFORE I realized the height difference of the pegs though. So you may not have to hacksaw as much off. That black glossy spot in the last picture was from first attempt without this area hacked off. The filler is two part epoxy. I'm sure if I did this project again it would be a better turnout, now that I got some practice. I hope the pictures will explain more. As I'm out riding I only think how good they feel!
    Attached Images Attached Images