Spyder Garage

Default F3 S Special Series Year Changes

Interested in the F3 series. I want something a bit of a hot rod but able to take medium length tours on occasion. I don't mind a slightly used mtwodel or a left over new model. My question is about what changes may have been made over the last few years. Is there any know changes between 2017 and 2020 to the F3 S or Special Series?

Thanks in advance, Don

Spyder Garage

I have a 2020. The only difference I know of is the 2020 has the new larger display with a black frame around it rather then the previous digital display with an orange frame. There may be some other minor cosmetic differences too.
    2020 F3S-SS , Titanium/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3WRDR View Post
    Interested in the F3 series. I want something a bit of a hot rod but able to take medium length tours on occasion. I don't mind a slightly used mtwodel or a left over new model. My question is about what changes may have been made over the last few years. Is there any know changes between 2017 and 2020 to the F3 S or Special Series?

Thanks in advance, Don
    the F3 Sport FROM 2017 and up has Sport Mode so you can have more fun with it...the 2019 and up has a digital display...thats pretty well the differences.....BUT...since I Own a F3 sport...if youre in the market for one...consider looking into upgrading the SHOCKS also...thats the weakpoint of the F3-sport...the shocks to me are low standard...especially if youre an agressive or medium distance rider....since you mentioned hot rod...im sure you want it to handle like one....good luck!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
    the F3 Sport FROM 2017 and up has Sport Mode so you can have more fun with it...the 2019 and up has a digital display...thats pretty well the differences.....BUT...since I Own a F3 sport...if youre in the market for one...consider looking into upgrading the SHOCKS also...thats the weakpoint of the F3-sport...the shocks to me are low standard...especially if youre an agressive or medium distance rider....since you mentioned hot rod...im sure you want it to handle like one....good luck!!
    Gunner, by F3 Sport, are you referring to the F3 S or just F3? If so on the BRP site the F3 S says it comes with Fox Podium shocks. Are those the shocks you recommend changing. I'm just trying to do this right the first time. It looks as even the Special Series uses the Fox shocks. Thanks for your help.

Spyder Garage

FWIW I'm pretty happy with the front Podium 1.5 shocks on the F3-S. The rear Sachs shock however leaves a lot to be desired. I have an Elka on order.
    2020 F3S-SS , Titanium/Black

Spyder Garage

Just FYI , F-3 , F-3 S and F-3 S Special are the 3 slightly different models .
    F-3 is bare bones
    F-3 S has sport mode and different dash + cruise control and some cosmetic changes
    F-3 S Special has sport mode more different dash + cruise control , different paint and option of one up seat .

Then you get F-3 T and F-3 LTD

correct me if I'm wrong .
    2019 f3-s , Blue