Spyder Garage

Default Repalce headlights with LED 2010 RT?

My headlights are really dim. I did a search on the forum about replacing headlights on the 2010 RT but nothing came up. Where can I find some brighter LED headlights? Need specs about what size, style, etc.
    Jim
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-26-2020 at 08:34 PM. Reason: This is a "How do I?" question not a "How to do:" DIY description

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Spyder Garage

Spyderpops and Lamonster Garage, two sponsors on SL, Tricled, https://www.tricledusa.com/automatic. Pg 142 of your operator's guide shows how to change headlight bulbs; replace halogens with LEDs following the instructions including those from the vendor you select.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Can't say for certain if it's still the case, but at one time all the LED bits didn't fit inside the weather proof cap at the rear of the headlight assembly. Perhaps now everything fits inside but it might be worthwhile being certain that's the case. I believe the set Lamonster sells is that way but an earlier version did not. I bought two sets (one for my 2015 RT-S and one for my wife's 2012 RTL) from canamspyderaccessories.com because Pierre had a very good sale early last year.

Both Lamonster and SlingMods have good installation videos as well and they helps a great deal. And it's certainly worth the effort to change the bulbs. Just after we made the change we went for a ride. My wife was behind me and when I asked her to turn on the high beam her Spyder virtually disappeared - all i could see was a blaze of white light. The difference is impressive to say the least.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Can't say for certain if it's still the case, but at one time all the LED bits didn't fit inside the weather proof cap at the rear of the headlight assembly. Perhaps now everything fits inside but it might be worthwhile being certain that's the case. I believe the set Lamonster sells is that way but an earlier version did not. I bought two sets (one for my 2015 RT-S and one for my wife's 2012 RTL) from canamspyderaccessories.com because Pierre had a very good sale early last year.

Both Lamonster and SlingMods have good installation videos as well and they helps a great deal. And it's certainly worth the effort to change the bulbs. Just after we made the change we went for a ride. My wife was behind me and when I asked her to turn on the high beam her Spyder virtually disappeared - all i could see was a blaze of white light. The difference is impressive to say the least.
    I'm pretty sure all years of the " RT " models used the same size bulb ..... the GS - RS - STS, had a different type of headlight assemblies and caused lots of work to make the switch to LED's ..... Mike

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy66 View Post
    My headlights are really dim. I did a search on the forum about replacing headlights on the 2010 RT but nothing came up. Where can I find some brighter LED headlights? Need specs about what size, style, etc.
    Jim
    Judging from the pic on your signature, you need to upgrade your headlights and fog lights to LEDs.

I bought mine from Lamonster, because I believe he does a lot of R&D and knows what works on Spyders. You might want to get in contact with him. His install videos help a great deal, as well as other Spyder DIYers who have documented their work in greater detail.
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

Another vote for Lamonster headlights and foglights.
    The 2010 is pretty easy to convert.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

It can be tricky getting the wiring tucked in under the cover. You have to have room for the solenoid plunger
    To move the flapper or it won’t allow the high beam to work. One of mine worked and the other one was not . Had to retuck the wiring to free it up. Now I have both high beams working. Can be a little tricky but well worth it.
    Happy Spyderlovers