Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GPS question

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by musicarcade View Post
    Thanks for the help folks; I guess I should have given out a bit more info. I would like to mount this on my SE5's handlebar, and I cannot figure out what mount I can accomplish this with. I'd like to mount it on the right hand side. I just need to know the third piece of the puzzle- the proper mount for the handlebar. For one type mount, the u bolt doesn't look like a wide enough diameter, and the other option is the Brake/Clutch Reservoir mount, which I can't figure out how that attaches to the spyder since I am basically ignorant about motorcycles and have only owned a Spyder.

What would that mount attach to on the right handlebar?

or should I be looking and something else?

On the SM5 you cut the plastic cover next to the control assy. on the right side. If the SE5 is the same, the mount I gave a link to will work, assuming it's 7/8". It's about 1/2 way down the page. It appears to have all the necessary pieces. Check the p/n at the link Scotty gave-
    RAM-B-149Z-GA31U. I checked Scotty's link and it will fit 3/4" to 1" bars and is $34. It has all the pieces you will need.
    Last edited by wyliec; 08-10-2009 at 09:31 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by musicarcade View Post
    Thanks for the help folks; I guess I should have given out a bit more info. I would like to mount this on my SE5's handlebar, and I cannot figure out what mount I can accomplish this with. I'd like to mount it on the right hand side. I just need to know the third piece of the puzzle- the proper mount for the handlebar. For one type mount, the u bolt doesn't look like a wide enough diameter, and the other option is the Brake/Clutch Reservoir mount, which I can't figure out how that attaches to the spyder since I am basically ignorant about motorcycles and have only owned a Spyder.

What would that mount attach to on the right handlebar?

or should I be looking and something else?
    With an SE5, you can't use the clutch reservoir mount as you don't have the clutch lever and reservoir. Go with wyliec's suggestion for a right hand mount or, if you have the NoMagicNeon risers, call Magic Man and he has a RAM mount ball that fits on the end of his riser bar. With his risers and the RAM ball mount, you can put the GPS on either the left or right side.

A picture of my Garmin mounted on the RAM ball I got from Magic Man along with my risers.

A picture of when I had the Garmin mounted on the right side handlebars like wyliec describes.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    With an SE5, you can't use the clutch reservoir mount as you don't have the clutch lever and reservoir. Go with wyliec's suggestion for a right hand mount or, if you have the NoMagicNeon risers, call Magic Man and he has a RAM mount ball that fits on the end of his riser bar. With his risers and the RAM ball mount, you can put the GPS on either the left or right side.

A picture of my Garmin mounted on the RAM ball I got from Magic Man along with my risers.

A picture of when I had the Garmin mounted on the right side handlebars like wyliec describes.
    I am i the same boat so sent ESI an email & here is the repsonse:

Pat

Sorry but we no longer stock those items. You can contact RAM Mounts directly f you want to purchase them.

Thanks
    Mr. Jody Warman
    VP - No Magic Neon, Inc./Street Magic LED's

Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ameobe View Post
    I am i the same boat so sent ESI an email & here is the repsonse:

Pat

Sorry but we no longer stock those items. You can contact RAM Mounts directly f you want to purchase them.

Thanks
    Mr. Jody Warman
    VP - No Magic Neon, Inc./Street Magic LED's

Okay. Still no problem as I don't think they were specially made or modified for NoMagicNeon. If you wanted a 45 degree RAM mount that I got from NMN, I could sell you that one off my Spyder. I had bought both a 45 and a 90 but I only use the 90 degree RAM mount.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

ram-b-252u (90 degree) and ram-b-272u (45 degree). I have both on my risers and prefer the 90 degree.

If you want to take a look at the various RAM mount gps parts go here:

http://www.ram-mount.com/Portals/0/S...rcycle2009.pdf

Once again, I would then go to the site that Scotty mentioned to purchase.
    http://www.gpscity.com/

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the input everyone! I think I'll opt for the right side mount as I don't plan on getting a riser. I am seriously considering the Spyders in the Smokies Rally so hopefully I might meet some of you there.

Tom
    aka
    musicarcade