Spyder Garage

Default Windshield control arm

The windshield control arm that adjusts the height broke in half on my 2012 RTS. The dealer estimates $800-850 to replace. I'd like to find that part and do it myself. Anyone done this and have suggestions/advice? ie... where to buy the part and labor involved? TIA

Spyder Garage

I don't know much about this subject but I believe this is fairly common with spyders. I do know someone make an aluminum arm to replace the plastic arm.
    Do a search and I believe you'll find plenty of info on this subject.
    2019 Phoenix Orange RTL
    LED head lights, LED fog lights, Lidlocks, Brake light kit, Sway Bar, J&S Jack, Cat Delete, Akrapovic silencer, Idler pulley Kit, Gold Drain Plugs, Magic Mirrors, Bumpskid, Tires, Centermatic balancers, Wick-it Stage 1 tune, Convex mirrors, EBC Brake Pads, EBC brake Rotors, Speed Bleeders, M-2 Custom Shocks, Odyssey Battery, Tinted Windshield, Windshield Arm, Gps Ultimate Seat, Dual air Horns, Modesta BC05 Ceramic Coating, Redline 10w40 motorcycle oil, BRP Passenger arm rest, BRP hitch, Syderpop rock guard 2015 Freedom Trailer

Spyder Garage

Search for posts by 'noboot' - he is here in Oz, but he makes & sells a very good billet arm replacement that comes with a comprehensive set of instructions and the necessary wedges to make the old broken arm removal fairly easy - and it not only LOOKS a helluva lot better than the OE arm, it costs a lot less than the dealers $800+ replacement that's very likely gonna break again anyway!!

Does a pretty mean line in cost effective under-body protection plates too!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage
    2019 Phoenix Orange RTL
    LED head lights, LED fog lights, Lidlocks, Brake light kit, Sway Bar, J&S Jack, Cat Delete, Akrapovic silencer, Idler pulley Kit, Gold Drain Plugs, Magic Mirrors, Bumpskid, Tires, Centermatic balancers, Wick-it Stage 1 tune, Convex mirrors, EBC Brake Pads, EBC brake Rotors, Speed Bleeders, M-2 Custom Shocks, Odyssey Battery, Tinted Windshield, Windshield Arm, Gps Ultimate Seat, Dual air Horns, Modesta BC05 Ceramic Coating, Redline 10w40 motorcycle oil, BRP Passenger arm rest, BRP hitch, Syderpop rock guard 2015 Freedom Trailer

Spyder Garage

I also replaced the arm on our 2014 RT with Noboot's arm so I never had to worry about it, but you can just purchase a new arm from CanAm. Part number is 705013108.

http://www.adeptpowersports.com/oem-...3108-part.html
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    I also replaced the arm on our 2014 RT with Noboot's arm so I never had to worry about it, but you can just purchase a new arm from CanAm. Part number is 705013108.
    http://www.adeptpowersports.com/oem-...3108-part.html
    Only problem is that part will be the same as the one that was broken. Why not replace it with a higher quality material like the one Noboot sells.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Only problem is that part will be the same as the one that was broken. Why not replace it with a higher quality material like the one Noboot sells.
    Ann I totally agree and that's what I did, but it's nice to have choices.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StillKickin View Post
    The windshield control arm that adjusts the height broke in half on my 2012 RTS. The dealer estimates $800-850 to replace. I'd like to find that part and do it myself. Anyone done this and have suggestions/advice? ie... where to buy the part and labor involved? TIA
    If you would like to PM me I can give you details.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    The discussion specifically referenced noboot's control arm
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StillKickin View Post
    Check out this: https://www.canamspyderaccessories.c...or-windshield/
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Not to steal this thread, But, does anybody know if the 2020 RT's have the same bracket or if it has been upgraded?

Spyder Garage

If you wish to look at my replacement windscreen arm you can find it here

http://ozspyderryders.com.au/spyder-items-for-sale/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nslowmotion View Post
    Not to steal this thread, But, does anybody know if the 2020 RT's have the same bracket or if it has been upgraded?
    I don't believe the bracket has changed. It looks the same to me, but mine is painted black so I can't be certain.
    What I can say, however, is that the windshield is better supported. It doesn't rock side to side as much. On my 2010 and also the 2014, there was significant rocking of the windshield whenever I went over a bump. This produced a twisting force on the center arm, which I believe was the cause of the center arm failure.
    I'm hoping that, by eliminating the windshield rocking, the twisting force that breaks the arm is also eliminated.

One caveat, this is all subjective on my part. I have no real measurements.

And I heartily endorse noboot's arm. A fine product. It was, in fact the first mod I made to my 2014 RTS within the first week of ownership.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey