Spyder Garage

Unhappy Magic Mirrors for an ST?

Has anyone attempted to mount the ST Mirrors with the
    Magic Mirror magnets? Right mirror is OK.
    My left mirror is vibrating. The pins are OK.
    The clips have been tighten to no avail.
    My only idea is to replace the mounting plate.
    Any ideas??
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-17-2020 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Not motor related - & mirors. ;-/
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

I'm not at all sure they'll fit on an ST Haze?!

I know that all the original testing was done on RT's.... It might pay you to check out the youtube vids showing how to install them & how they go on the RT's to see for yourself if you reckon they'll work. (Just enter 'Can-Am Spyder Magic Mirrors youtube' & check 'em all out! Russ Culley from Tasmania developed them, Lamonster Garage is the US seller.)

Be interested to know if they DO actually work; but if they do, I would've thought Lamonster or someone would've said so by now?!

Still, once you see how simple the concept is, maybe you could develop your own? Others have made their own versions, with widely differing degrees of success!

Good Luck!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Most of F3 and the RT 2020 will have the same mounting system like the former ST.

May be someone wil construct something similar for the new RT..
    R
    2014 STS SE5 , circuit yellow (metallic)

Spyder Garage

Haze...perfect timing on this question...sadly, I am here for a similar reason.
    Left hand mirror mount, pictured...small tab for the top clip broke.
    I did find the part on cheap cycle parts...though the part I have in hand is 705008212 and the part on the fiche is 705008211. It's pretty cheap, $20 or so, and I'd probably order a handful of clips for $8 apiece just to have on hand.
    First I will be calling Lamonster tomorrow to see about fitting the Magic Mirrors in hopes of eliminating this and future issues.
    I'll post back with next steps.

IMG_20200517_170233171.jpg
    IMG_20200517_165733327.jpg
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Yeah, looking at your pics, Raprider, the Magic Mirror Mounts for the RT's as they currently exist WILL NOT fit on an ST readily!!

Even if it's possible to replace the Pins that I assume are on the other/male side of what you're showing us above, you'd hafta work out how the remove the broken bit & the two wire spring bits and replace them with steel plates so the magnets could hang onto them. On the RT's, each of those three female 'recievers' that grab the pins are a small removable/replaceable pellet so that it's a fairly simple matter to undo a few screws & screw back in a little shaped metal plate..... and that's not something that I can see being done quite so easily on that backing plate you're showing us - the receiver bits appear to be an integral & non-removable part of the whole plate!!

Just type 'Can Am Magic Mirror Mounts' into your browser's search bar & check out the images of the shaped plates, and those showing them fitted into the mirror.... it'll become instantly clear why the Magic Mirror Mounts as they exist right NOW won't work for the ST's, but it doesn't really look to be impossible to adapt the magnets (which are the pin replacements) to suit; so all you've gotta do then is get some appropriately shaped & secured metal plates into the right spots on the placcy plates your pics show! That should be EEEAAAASY....... at least from here where I'm sitting back & watching all this unfold anyhow!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Default ST Mirror mounts

Hey Guys,
    Thanks for the responses.
    I'll be pulling the left mirror assy off the bike again next week.
    Will take a look at the small tab for the top clip.
    I will also take some time to check for space for magnets and mounting hardware.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Yeah, looking at your pics, Raprider, the Magic Mirror Mounts for the RT's as they currently exist WILL NOT fit on an ST readily!!

Even if it's possible to replace the Pins that I assume are on the other/male side of what you're showing us above, you'd hafta work out how the remove the broken bit & the two wire spring bits and replace them with steel plates so the magnets could hang onto them. On the RT's, each of those three female 'recievers' that grab the pins are a small removable/replaceable pellet so that it's a fairly simple matter to undo a few screws & screw back in a little shaped metal plate..... and that's not something that I can see being done quite so easily on that backing plate you're showing us - the receiver bits appear to be an integral & non-removable part of the whole plate!!

Just type 'Can Am Magic Mirror Mounts' into your browser's search bar & check out the images of the shaped plates, and those showing them fitted into the mirror.... it'll become instantly clear why the Magic Mirror Mounts as they exist right NOW won't work for the ST's, but it doesn't really look to be impossible to adapt the magnets (which are the pin replacements) to suit; so all you've gotta do then is get some appropriately shaped & secured metal plates into the right spots on the placcy plates your pics show! That should be EEEAAAASY....... at least from here where I'm sitting back & watching all this unfold anyhow!
    Thanks for the feedback, Peter!
    I've added a pic of the back of the mirror housing with the pins. These look easy enough to remove and replace with the magnets, and I'd suppose it possible to use a dremel to grind back the plastic bits on the mount base for placing the metal plates...maybe. I'll continue to ponder for a bit.

IMG_20200518_085620444.jpg
    Raprider (Rich)

BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher

Spyder Garage

One more pic with the (Left) body-side mount in place...

IMG_20200518_115606938.jpg
    Raprider (Rich)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raprider View Post
    One more pic with the (Left) body-side mount in place...

IMG_20200518_115606938.jpg

Is the pic of the mirror also the ....LEFT mirror ???? ..... and the Pic on the mirror, does the large upper piece slide into the body similar to way it used to on the 10-19 RT's .... ???? ...... thanks ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post

Is the pic of the mirror also the ....LEFT mirror ???? ..... and the Pic on the mirror, does the large upper piece slide into the body similar to way it used to on the 10-19 RT's .... ???? ...... thanks ..... Mike
    Hi Mike...dunno about RTs but...
    Yes...the pic is also the Left side mirror...
    Yes, the larger upper pin slides down into the tabbed slot on the mount (left-ward or front-ward, however ya wanna call it) side of which snapped off, as shown in first photos. The two lower pins on the mirror are smaller and snap into the two spring clips, both appear to be ok.
    Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Short latest story...
    I removed the right-side mirror to check and see if that was intact...it was, so I reinstalled it.
    I put the left side back together, even though the top bracket was cracked, and after a test ride, it appears to be holding solidly, for now
    I'll keep a close eye on it, and probably order replacement from CCP soon enough.
    Lamonster confirms that the Magic Mirrors were never designed for the ST
    Mike is looking into some possibilities for me

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

And as an ST owner, I'm silently weeping over here in a corner.

Spyder Garage

Have you looked at tricled mirror for your ST

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tajohn View Post
    Have you looked at tricled mirror for your ST
    I have not heard of these. I'll look these up. My mirrors are getting loose. I may have to have you tube lead me through a dis-assembly.

Spyder Garage

I have TricLED mirrors on my 2013 ST. They are the same mirror p/n as the F3. https://tricledusa.com/collections/s...ide-vu-mirrors
    They glue onto the ST Mirror. I had to augment the TricLED glue with some E6000 flexible epoxy.
    The mirrors are great for wide view. Unfortunately the mirrors still shake if the mounts are damaged.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    I have TricLED mirrors on my 2013 ST. They are the same mirror p/n as the F3. https://tricledusa.com/collections/s...ide-vu-mirrors
    They glue onto the ST Mirror. I had to augment the TricLED glue with some E6000 flexible epoxy.
    The mirrors are great for wide view. Unfortunately the mirrors still shake if the mounts are damaged.
    Have you investigated Capt. Jam's " wedgies " ... they work for the F-3 ?????? ...... Mike