Spyder Garage

Default Keyed power for a Dual USB /Voltmeter. Where?

Hello all.
    1st let me say that I have scoured the interweb looking for instructions or a video on this so if I missed it I apologize.

I purchased a Dual USB/Voltmeter for my 2019 RT Limited.

What I am looking for is how/where to tap in to a keyed power source. I have read that there is one under the seat and another behind the right headlight but I have found NO diagram or video that shows where these are truly located.

I have found video(s) showing the pre-2018 RT's where you grab the power behind the gauge on the right side of the dash but obviously that is not the same dash in the 2019.

Does anyone have or know of instructions/videos/pictures on exactly where to tap in for keyed power?!?!?!? Again I don't need info on years before 2018/19!! I already found that but I have a 2019.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Spyder Garage

Easiest way is to use a mini fuse tap in the fuse box, that way you do cut into any factory wiring. The ecm fuse cpme onvwith key on. And stays on for about 40seconds afyer you remove the key.
    2014 RS+ , Excel 8.8 and NGK plugs Currently pearl white, Aircraft gray after rivets installed

Spyder Garage

Easiest way is to use a mini fuse tap in the fuse box, that way you do not cut into any factory wiring. The ecm fuse come on with key on. And stays on for about 40seconds afyer you remove the key.
    2014 RS+ , Excel 8.8 and NGK plugs Currently pearl white, Aircraft gray after rivets installed

Spyder Garage

Where are you intending to mount the USB/volt meter?
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

My plan was to put it in the center accessory plug under the handlebars
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Each of the other switches in the accessory switch panel have a orange with a red tracer wire going to them. That is for lighting the switch. That is power on with the key. If one of your switch locations is not being use. Plug into it with a spade connector of the right size. If they are all used. You can tap into one with a posi tap connector. Ground wires in that area are black.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default USB video instructions

https://www.canamspyderaccessories.c...ection=product Here's instructions from Pierre. Click on the USB picture then click on the heading for PRODUCT VIDEOS for the video instructions. His has a blue light background and no voltmeter. Another sponsor has a red light from Value Accessories. I have seen one with a voltmeter as well but can't remember where good luck!
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sledhead View Post
    My plan was to put it in the center accessory plug under the handlebars
    I saw a post that if you put a USB there and have something plugged in there the wire sticking up can start rubbing on or get caught on the handle bars. I don't know if this would happen on the new 2020s. On my 2015 RT-S the speaker grill pops off and there are some wires under there that go to the switch bank. May be similar on yours.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sledhead View Post
    Hello all.
    1st let me say that I have scoured the interweb looking for instructions or a video on this so if I missed it I apologize.

I purchased a Dual USB/Voltmeter for my 2019 RT Limited.

What I am looking for is how/where to tap in to a keyed power source. I have read that there is one under the seat and another behind the right headlight but I have found NO diagram or video that shows where these are truly located.

I have found video(s) showing the pre-2018 RT's where you grab the power behind the gauge on the right side of the dash but obviously that is not the same dash in the 2019.

Does anyone have or know of instructions/videos/pictures on exactly where to tap in for keyed power?!?!?!? Again I don't need info on years before 2018/19!! I already found that but I have a 2019.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.
    I just installed a Zumo XT on my '19 RTL and tapped into the Acc. wires that are up front. Open the frunk and remove the battery. Once the battery is out, just to the driver's side of the battery opening are two wires that are not connected to anything....that is the Accessory wires. One of the wires is Violet with a yellow tracer or stripe...that's the 12V pos lead. The other is a Black wire and is the negative lead. These wires are kind of tucked in and somewhat hard to see....you may need a mirror, but there is enough slack to pull them out a bit into the frunk area to make your connection. Those wires are fed from the passenger side fuse box in the frunk and the fuse is F6R...in the right side fuse box. As it comes from the factory, those two wires are only hot when the key is on. If you would like for them to be hot all the time and not require the key to be on, simply pull the 5A fuse out of slot F6R and move it over one slot to the F7R slot. When you do that, the wires are hot all the time.

The hardest part about this is that you are going to have to route a small 2 conductor cable between that point (where the acc. wire connectors are) back up and to the switch area....panel removal is a must in order to do that, unless someone has an easier way.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage