Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Hopefully, the ASS comment is now behind us. Peter asked that we play nice.

We have given this a test of sorts to see how it goes. Further rule infractions will result in the clean up of the thread.

A quick review of site rules #3 and #4.

#3: Don't Insult, Flame, Spam or Abuse any members via Threads, Posts, e-mail or Private Messages etc...

#4: Don't Bypass site filters for swearing, black listed dealers or other links deemed unfit for the site.

Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-04-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I get the "That's not a motorcycle" once in a while, almost always with a smile and genuine interest in the RTL. Sometimes I'll say ,"You're right, it's a trike." and point out in Missouri law it always says >Motorcycles and Motortricycles< when citing the regulations, unless it is an Autocycle, then the converstation usually shifts to the difference there. (I was the Legislative officer of Southwest Missouri Local 11 Freedom of Road Riders, Missouri's larger State Motorcycle Rights Organization for 17 years). Other times I'll say it was made by BRP, the same folks that make Ski-Doo snowmobiles, this is my Landmobile. BTW, I really like the comment from LateLifeCrisis about the optional snowmobile wheel kit. Mind if I borrow it?
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    x 2. When we were out the other day and saw over 100 bikes, (no spyders and one Slingshot), I would say 98% of them gave us the waves. And there were a lot of HD's and other cruiser bikes. The only no waves were sport bikes. There seems to be a pattern with that bunch. And a few of them also waved at us.
    Well, if Sport Bikes are what I call Crotch Rockets then I'd guess that they are too young to know about or even care about traditions or our Brotherhood of bikers/trikers. And if you're riding low and bent over with their weight on their arms and going into a twisty, removing a hand from the bar to wave might be dangerous. FFTCMIIW
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Hopefully, the ASS comment is now behind us. Peter asked that we play nice.

We have given this a test of sorts to see how it goes. Further rule infractions will result in the clean up of the thread.

A quick review of site rules #3 and #4.

#3: Don't Insult, Flame, Spam or Abuse any members via Threads, Posts, e-mail or Private Messages etc...

#4: Don't Bypass site filters for swearing, black listed dealers or other links deemed unfit for the site.

ART, I'm sorry. Consider my PeePee wacked.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MonPaul View Post
    Imagine how upset he gets when he sees a vehicle with 4 wheels!
    Awesome!

Spyder Garage

love it

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

When I'm driving my car, and people do stupid crap like this, nothing pisses them off more than me smiling and waving enthusiastically at them as though I am so happy to see them.

Of course, I have to be thinking in my mind, "**** you douche nozzle, you're a ****ing idiot" to make work, LOL.
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

He obviously feels threatened. The best way to deal with guys like that is to agree with them. It totally throws them off because they hope for a conflict. So he says, "Isn't a motorcycle". I would respond, "Yes, that's true".
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MonPaul View Post
    Laughing is the best way to handle it, it lets him know he isn't getting to you! I used to live a few miles from the Harley plant in Milwaukee, when I got my Honda Valkyrie I got a lot of grief. The funniest part was the guys who thought that noise equals horsepower would always try to race me. I laughed so much I finally got sick of it and would just point to my rear license plate when they tried to pass. My plate said WYTRY
    WYTRY ok shoot what does this stand for? Why Try LMAO, yea my 2012 GL1800 was the same with the miss and me still could out run a HD Ultra classic with a 103 in it. Then the excuses begin LOL....
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Me too! LOL
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkryder View Post
    I get the "That's not a motorcycle" once in a while, almost always with a smile and genuine interest in the RTL. Sometimes I'll say ,"You're right, it's a trike." and point out in Missouri law it always says >Motorcycles and Motortricycles< when citing the regulations, unless it is an Autocycle, then the converstation usually shifts to the difference there. (I was the Legislative officer of Southwest Missouri Local 11 Freedom of Road Riders, Missouri's larger State Motorcycle Rights Organization for 17 years). Other times I'll say it was made by BRP, the same folks that make Ski-Doo snowmobiles, this is my Landmobile. BTW, I really like the comment from LateLifeCrisis about the optional snowmobile wheel kit. Mind if I borrow it?
    Not like we were pay any attention to this guy, he was acting like we should be ashamed and that's not right for any rider to be spoken too like that, at the end he pulls the victim card for some inexplicable reason.
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

You can let these kinds of people ruin your day. But only if you voluntarily allow their personal issues to become your own. Being rude is definitely offensive. But it seems that some people are so insecure in their own world. They feel the need to disparage those who have chosen another path. Attacking you is simply an attempt to assuage their own insecurities and bolster their fragile ego.

In the end, it's just a machine. Machines are designed to serve a purpose. There is no perfect ride. There are just machines that are more or less suited to your needs and expectations. If you expect a motorcycle to give you pleasure and enjoyment, then you are very likely to be satisfied.

If you expect it to make you better than the next person. You are surely in for great disappointment.

Ride Safe & Stay Healthy!
    Last edited by BajaRon; 05-04-2020 at 05:16 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I usually just act like I can't hear......... and it is usually not an act. If there is any background noise at all, I only hear about one word out of 5. When they get done yelling, I just point to my ear and shrug my shoulders. They ride away.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper6 View Post
    When I'm driving my car, and people do stupid crap like this, nothing pisses them off more than me smiling and waving enthusiastically at them as though I am so happy to see them.

Of course, I have to be thinking in my mind, "**** you douche nozzle, you're a ****ing idiot" to make work, LOL.
    Love this reply!!
    2019 Phoenix Orange RTL
    LED head lights, LED fog lights, Lidlocks, Brake light kit, Sway Bar, J&S Jack, Cat Delete, Akrapovic silencer, Idler pulley Kit, Gold Drain Plugs, Magic Mirrors, Bumpskid, Tires, Centermatic balancers, Wick-it Stage 1 tune, Convex mirrors, EBC Brake Pads, EBC brake Rotors, Speed Bleeders, M-2 Custom Shocks, Odyssey Battery, Tinted Windshield, Windshield Arm, Gps Ultimate Seat, Dual air Horns, Modesta BC05 Ceramic Coating, Redline 10w40 motorcycle oil, BRP Passenger arm rest, BRP hitch, Syderpop rock guard 2015 Freedom Trailer

Spyder Garage

I just turn my music up louder!!

Spyder Garage

It looks like your post brought out many mean people. IMHO.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderwing57 View Post
    It looks like your post brought out many mean people. IMHO.
    From a moderator:

The issues have been solved behind the scenes. And believe it or not, the people involved are all good people.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-05-2020 at 01:39 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

In NY too. Saturday and Sunday all people on all motorcycles were waving. It was very cool.

Spyder Garage

If he is not wearing colors or a 3-piece patch, ignore him. Otherwise, increase/decrease the distance between you both.

I am NOT a patched MC member, but I have ridden with many. They tend to actually be nicer than the guy you unfortunately experienced. Just my personal experience and limited only to some of the MCs in Oklahoma.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic Dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sduskin View Post
    If he is not wearing colors or a 3-piece patch, ignore him. Otherwise, increase/decrease the distance between you both.

I am NOT a patched MC member, but I have ridden with many. They tend to actually be nicer than they guy you unfortunately experienced. Just my personal experience and limited only to some of the MCs in Oklahoma.
    I was an ALR member for around 20 years and I've seen pretty much everything and I agree alot of 1% are really good people. (Don't judge a book by it's cover)

It's over were all good!
    Now it's time to put the skies back on!
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Why do you people even engage in this kind of behavior. Totally ignore these type of things. Truthfully a lot of you feel a little unmanly riding these things or are very thin skinned. I rode Harleys for 57 years, was patched to the chapter in Seattle and honestly saw very little put downs of anyone. Sure there are the 1% in every group including the Ministry. I have been riding two Spyder's over 7 years and have yet to have anyone say a bad word or make an insane gesture. If you react to a situation then you make yourself part of it and you should not blame anyone but yourself for getting involved.

I for one think Spyder's are the funniest looking things from the back going down the road. Lighten up and ignore. And well we are on the subject of "he didn't wave at me" or he looked at me wrong get over it. I only wave at some depending on how busy I am or if I feel in a good friendly mood. Stop being so self conscious just because you are riding something different. I still ride two wheel BMW's, 4 wheel Mavericks and of course my second Spyder. You bought it, be proud of it, enjoy it and and stop caring about what you perceive to be what anyone else is thinking.

Uncle Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

I am always puzzled by such behaviour. What do they think of outfits? I had one for years so 3 wheels, not a big deal. The 3 wheels are just in different positions. Is a Harley trike not a motorcycle in their eyes? I can absolute state though those 3 wheels were a lot less stable than the Spyder/Ryker. Wasn't bad though when fully loaded but still no match for Spydey. Any way as stated by others I like to ignore or give them a friendly wave and just continue on.
    2014 ST-S SE5 Cognac
    2014 ST-S , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I started on motorcycles way back in 1971 and grew up in an era where almost everyone on any type of motorcycle gave a wave to anyone else on a motorcycle. Today's climate amongst the motorcycle community has evolved somewhat and not everyone thinks of all motorcycles as a community or brotherhood of like minded riders. I've grown very accustomed over the years of NOT getting waved at because of the increased popularity of Harley riders and especially riders on BMW branded motorcycles. I'm not necessarily picking on these brands per se', but more on the mentality of SOME of the riders on these and other brands. It seems to me that some folks associate "their" brand of motorcycle as "superior" to others and if you are on an "others" brand of bike, you are somehow less of a motorcyclist. For the last 25 plus years my motorcycle style of choice has been Sport Bikes. I've owned mostly Honda sport bikes, but a Suzuki GSX-R-750 was in there as well as a Yamaha FZ09. So in their eyes, I'm not truly a motorcyclist because I don't measure up to their "standards", and ride a bike that is "inferior" because <<<fill in the blank here>>>.....so no wave for me except the occasional "one finger salute". What happened to the days when you could go out and ride and others would wave at you because your were amongst the brotherhood of the riding community? The reason to be on a motorcycle is to be having fun....and honestly I really don't care what brand/style/type of M.C. you are on, if you're having fun and getting some enjoyment out of it, it's all good. Unfortunately, certain brands of motorcycles have become their "status symbol" "hey, I'm better than you", message to the rest of the motorcycle riders, and have lost the meaning of why we ride....but more about what we ride. It's gotten to the point that when I see certain brands approaching me, I will only wave if they do first. Those riders, in my opinion are the ones that are out enjoying their bikes because they are fun and not because they are status symbols. Of course, there are always exceptions to what I just stated, but generally speaking, I will just continue to enjoy "my ride" on whatever I'm riding.....and if they wave, I'll wave, if they don't, so be it. I'm not out there to show my status, I'm out there to enjoy the ride, have some fun, and continue to do what I love doing....for as long as I can. Next year will be the 1/2 century mark for me on motorcycles and God willing, it will be more to come! Stay safe, enjoy the ride, and be comfortable in your own skin no matter what you are riding.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Why do you people even engage in this kind of behavior. Totally ignore these type of things. Truthfully a lot of you feel a little unmanly riding these things or are very thin skinned. I rode Harleys for 57 years, was patched to the chapter in Seattle and honestly saw very little put downs of anyone. Sure there are the 1% in every group including the Ministry. I have been riding two Spyder's over 7 years and have yet to have anyone say a bad word or make an insane gesture. If you react to a situation then you make yourself part of it and you should not blame anyone but yourself for getting involved.

I for one think Spyder's are the funniest looking things from the back going down the road. Lighten up and ignore. And well we are on the subject of "he didn't wave at me" or he looked at me wrong get over it. I only wave at some depending on how busy I am or if I feel in a good friendly mood. Stop being so self conscious just because you are riding something different. I still ride two wheel BMW's, 4 wheel Mavericks and of course my second Spyder. You bought it, be proud of it, enjoy it and and stop caring about what you perceive to be what anyone else is thinking.

Uncle Jack
    Very well said Jack, clearly the two wheeler has a mental problem and responding to someone like this is like throwing gas on a fire and showing light on ones own insecurities, my wife and I both ride our own RTL’s and have over 100k miles of touring logged , life is just too short to live someone else’s life.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Jack,

Did you have to bring up waving?