Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default The Best LED headlight information

Watch the videos. They show how different LED bulbs work in different housings and projector headlights. Excellent information!!!
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

I just got back doing my first night test of the 360° LED headlight and fog light replacements I put in. Bright. Clear. Highly recommend them, but can't speak as to the reliability as they are new. The OEM bulbs were scary weak.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Thank you for that excellent video about a subject that can otherwise be misleading. I have replaced halogens with LEDs that failed to deliver. Now I know what to buy.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have been using many of Headlight Revolution's light products for about 2 years now, AND I'M VERY SATISFIED...Both my Honda vehicles have GREAT LED low beam headlights and very poor halogen hi beams...I installed their recommended hi beam LED's and they are GREAT...Every bit as good as my HID's on my Spyder and without the warm up time...I also put them in my Suzuki DR 650 and my Cam-Am Outlander ATV...I've done several upgrades on several friends vehicles and they are all very pleased...They are a NO BS company that stands behind their products...larryd

Spyder Garage

Good video, thanks. Would be interesting if they updated with more of the newer 360 designs, they only had one in the test. I have 2-sided blades now, and am wondering if the 360s would be a better solution. Thanks again
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McClendons View Post
    Good video, thanks. Would be interesting if they updated with more of the newer 360 designs, they only had one in the test. I have 2-sided blades now, and am wondering if the 360s would be a better solution. Thanks again
    I chose the 360° version because of some of the reviews of the 2 sided ones in the Spyder headlight buckets. On the 2 sided ones some of them are adjustable to get a better pattern. A lot of folks are satisfied with the light they put out, so they must be OK.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    I chose the 360° version because of some of the reviews of the 2 sided ones in the Spyder headlight buckets. On the 2 sided ones some of them are adjustable to get a better pattern. A lot of folks are satisfied with the light they put out, so they must be OK.
    Thanks. I have the 2 sided, but have read reports that the 360 are much better. May try to give them a shot in the headlights.
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I'm happy with the 360* LED I got from TricLED.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McClendons View Post
    They have another video where they talk about 3 and 4 sided leds. They show how they are not good. Even in a projector housing they are bad.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    They have another video where they talk about 3 and 4 sided leds. They show how they are not good. Even in a projector housing they are bad.
    I would really like to see this test with the Spyder headlight shutter system and the common LED's sold for Spyders, including the 360° ones. I'm not a professional tester, but the ones I put in are about twice as bright as the OEM bulb, and I didn't have anyone flashing me indicative of excessive light spill. I'm happy, but always looking at better/safer. They also have a definitive hot spot down the road.
    h0gr1der

Spyder Garage

Interesting article. Would be interested in comparison of the Spyder bulbs, 360 to 2-Sided, but understand the premise of his test.
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Most of the $12 > ebay/etc H4 9003 bulbs are much brighter than the stock halogen H4's. Where they fail is in the beams cut off line and light splattering.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I know the 360° Fog Lights throw a huge ball of light right in front of the Spyder, found this a little less than useful at night. May be OK in fog, don't really add much as driving lights.
    h0gr1der

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Where they fail is in the beams cut off line and light splattering.
    Are you referring to the cut off on the upper part of the beam at low beam? That is controlled by the shutter.

When I had the Xenon Depot 2 sided LEDs in my RT headlights what I noticed was the forward beam was somewhat split. The two LEDs on the opposite side of the support/heat sink created two separate beams that did not overlap or merge into one homogeneous forward beam. I then switched to the TricLed 360° LEDs. The beam was uniformly oval as determined by the projector shape but not much brighter than the Xenon Depot 2 sided ones. I can understand the HR argument about the light source of the 360° LED being off the original designed light source point, and how that will impact the light output. I have not been 100% enamored of the 360° LEDs, but they are brighter than the OEMs.

What frustrates me the most is the low beam cut off. When I raise the lights so I get good road coverage on low beams, the high beams extend too far forward. If I drop the headlights to get the high beam coverage good for a decent distance in front then the low beams are too short. I pretty much compromise by dropping the high beams down for good coverage without blinding oncoming traffic and just don't use low beams. Maybe I should see if I can adjust how much the shutter drops down. Actually the shutter cuts off the beam on bottom side. The projector lens inverts the light beam.

The best headlights I have ever had are the ones in my 2005 Nissan Titan pickup.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    Great post!!

The science of lighting, believe it
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome

Spyder Garage

I was happy with the Lamonster style he has, my hand was not so fortunate on the left fog light.
    IMG_20190208_175956.jpg
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluewoo View Post
    I was happy with the Lamonster style he has, my hand was not so fortunate on the left fog light.
    IMG_20190208_175956.jpg
    There is a way to access that left fog light by using a broom handle and reefing on the panel.

However, I felt that wasn't the safest way, and with MY kind of luck, would've caused damage. Instead, I took the whole frunk off, which is surprisingly easy: 4 bolts on top, 2 on the bottom, loosen the air intake clamp, a few electrical connections, and off it goes.
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I looked at changing my headlights and adding fog lights on my Ryker, a lot of doodling around .... i just went ahead and got me one these ....

it sure does the job ... makes me feel real safe from vertically challenged deer, but i will be able to see it when i hit it lol.

While slingmods sells a bumper for the Spyder, the shape does not allow for light bars..... that sucks.

Spyder Garage

The showdown of headlights that I want to see. This video is really informative and will be helpful for those who are in search for LED.