Spyder Garage

Default F3-S Special Series Decal Removal

Anyone with the F3-S Special Series remove the frunk and solo trunk decals? I am getting PPF installed and would rather have smooth surface for the film.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I’ve removed decals from about every vehicle I’ve owned. Heat up an area with a hair dryer (not too hot), and start pulling it up. You’ll get a feel for how much heat and pulling is needed. I use Googone for the residue left behind. If there’s a thick bit of adhesive residue, just dab some Googone and let it sit for a few minutes then rub it off. Repeat if needed.

Spyder Garage

Thanks.. i ended up just having the clear bra installer remove them, figured i would not take the chance on messing the paint up... i sometimes lose patience lol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AzBTO View Post
    Thanks.. i ended up just having the clear bra installer remove them, figured i would not take the chance on messing the paint up... i sometimes lose patience lol
    Smart move. I removed the bumper panels for the doors on my truck once using a heat gun. It worked well enough, but left a lot of black adhesive behind. I used a adhesive remover and it seemed to work well enough. For a minute or two. Then a discolored band showed up on both doors. I was devastated. I got lucky though. I took it to Maaco to see what could be done. Their guys were able to use a little magic and buffed out the areas on both doors. Looked good as new. Cherry on top was they didn't charge me. From then on I decided to leave stuff like that to the pros who have the knowledge and equipment to do the job right.

Like the man said, the difference between an armature and a professional is a professional knows when to stop.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited