Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Dealers For Garmin GPS Need Current GPI file

Does anybody have an updated copy of the GPI file for a Garmin that has the current Spyder dealers ?
    The last copy I have is from 2011.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I have D2245000E.gpi, not sure if it is the most current. Looked in the last place I downloaded it, couldn't find it. If you want I can send you that one.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Thanks. My version is much older than that.
    I'll send you my email by PM.
    Thank you so very much
    IBA #47122

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    I have D2245000E.gpi, not sure if it is the most current. Looked in the last place I downloaded it, couldn't find it. If you want I can send you that one.

Sent you a PM as well, if you would not mind sending me a copy. Thanks
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

All,

I'm not the expert, and since a few folks are asking I'll throw this out there. As always on this forum, if I've messed it up I'm sure someone will chime in quickly. This pertains to my Garmin 595, which is a new, Non-Can Am model I purchased from the place online.

First I rounded up the dealer .GPI file, it's designation is/was (I can't find a newer one) D2245000E.gpi. As I understand it, the revision is the E, so maybe the next one will be the F. This seems like it's getting harder to find, the last place I got it is now just the instructions on how to load it.

Next I hooked up the Garmin to the computer in the mode that allows it to move data like a portable drive, and dragged the file down this path. Zumo 595/Internal Storage/POI/XXX.GPI.

I renamed the file Can Am Dealers.GPI as it shows up in the search app as an icon to it's own.
    P1000565.JPG.jpg

Edit. I named mine BRP Dealers.

Edit #2. Apparently the icon is contained in the .GPI file, I did name mine Can Am Dealers. It auto branded the BRP icon. So rename is just to identify the file.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals

Spyder Garage

I think if one writes BRP Care at brp.care@brp.com they will give the latest file and instructions on how to upload it to the device.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I think if one writes BRP Care at brp.care@brp.com they will give the latest file and instructions on how to upload it to the device.
    Contacted BRP. Will see if there is a newer file.
    h0gr1der

Spyder Garage

From what I could find the E version is the latest and while there are lots of references to it, the actual file is nowhere to be found. It will be interesting to see if BRP sends it out to anyone or if they say go see the dealer. Doubt mine would have a clue.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Checked this morning while downloading a BaseCamp route and my latest version is the same as h0gr1der's and I distinctly remember getting an announcement message from BRP about it with downloading instructions. Bought my device with the Spyder.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

All,

I'm not the expert, and since a few folks are asking I'll throw this out there. As always on this forum, if I've messed it up I'm sure someone will chime in quickly. This pertains to my Garmin 595, which is a new, Non-Can Am model I purchased from the place online.

First I rounded up the dealer .GPI file, it's designation is/was (I can't find a newer one) D2245000E.gpi. As I understand it, the revision is the E, so maybe the next one will be the F. This seems like it's getting harder to find, the last place I got it is now just the instructions on how to load it.

Next I hooked up the Garmin to the computer in the mode that allows it to move data like a portable drive, and dragged the file down this path. Zumo 595/Internal Storage/POI/XXX.GPI.

I renamed the file Can Am Dealers.GPI as it shows up in the search app as an icon to it's own.
    P1000565.JPG.jpg

Edit. I named mine BRP Dealers.

Edit #2. Apparently the icon is contained in the .GPI file, I did name mine Can Am Dealers. It auto branded the BRP icon. So rename is just to identify the file.
    Thanks, worked perfectly
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McClendons View Post
    Thanks, worked perfectly
    Appreciate the feedback on the resolution.
    h0gr1der

Spyder Garage

Worked perfectly. Thanks so much.
    IBA #47122

Spyder Garage

Update- As usual, the BRP group was most helpful (In handing off the issue to someone else). This is an excerpt of the email I sent asking about this file. So, if someone recently had their Garmin updated at the dealer, maybe you could hook it up to the computer and see if there is a later revision than the E one I have. Sorry about that folks.

Snip:
    Thanks for reaching out to BRP about your Spyder RT.

Further to your email, I suggest having a look at the Garmin website to manage and update your device.

Here is the link to the Garmin website: https://www.garmin.com/en-US/software/express/windows/

With regards to the dealer file, unfortunately, you would need to reach out to one of our dealerships, they will be best to advise.

I have listed the closest dealerships from your city:
    Snip:
    h0gr1der

Spyder Garage

I find their choice of words interesting. " Unfortunately, you would need to reach out to one of our dealerships". Why unfortunately? Just asking

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    I find their choice of words interesting. " Unfortunately, you would need to reach out to one of our dealerships". Why unfortunately? Just asking
    Probably a nice way of saying "Since you didn't let us rob you at the dealership, we won't help you". A lot of my experience with the San Am Dealership has been unfortunate.
    h0gr1der

Spyder Garage

I have found in the past that when I send an email question or complaint to BRP Care I get the best results by explaining exactly what I have done, why I am contacting them and why I do not expect them to tell me to contact my local dealer, namely because is stuff that they are responsible for generating and/or maintaining, in this case the dealership list.

I did some digging into my computer files and found that the dealership file located in the POI folder in the Zumo internal storage is perpetually named D2245000E. You must plug your device into a computer, go to the POI folder and check the properties of the file to find the date it was created. In the case of my Zumo, the file was created on June 28, 2018. This 6/28/18 file replaced the same named file with a January 2017 date. I did not know before downloading the new file if it would automatically overwrite the Jan '17 file so I renamed the old file, downloaded new file and deleted the old, renamed file. I confirmed this action with BRP Care by email and they verified that the 6/28/18 file was the latest version. I have just sent a request to BRP care asking for the date of the latest version, detailing what they have done in the past, asked for the date of the current list and a download link to it. We'll see what happens.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I have found in the past that when I send an email question or complaint to BRP Care I get the best results by explaining exactly what I have done, why I am contacting them and why I do not expect them to tell me to contact my local dealer, namely because is stuff that they are responsible for generating and/or maintaining, in this case the dealership list.

I did some digging into my computer files and found that the dealership file located in the POI folder in the Zumo internal storage is perpetually named D2245000E. You must plug your device into a computer, go to the POI folder and check the properties of the file to find the date it was created. In the case of my Zumo, the file was created on June 28, 2018. This 6/28/18 file replaced the same named file with a January 2017 date. I did not know before downloading the new file if it would automatically overwrite the Jan '17 file so I renamed the old file, downloaded new file and deleted the old, renamed file. I confirmed this action with BRP Care by email and they verified that the 6/28/18 file was the latest version. I have just sent a request to BRP care asking for the date of the latest version, detailing what they have done in the past, asked for the date of the current list and a download link to it. We'll see what happens.
    Unfortunately, my saving it to my computer apparently overwrote the original created date.
    h0gr1der

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately, my saving it to my computer apparently overwrote the original created date.
    Yeah, that would change the date. Based on my 2017-18 upgrade it looks like at that time BRP may have been updating at least sometime on an annual schedule or thereabouts. I guess it would really depend on how many dealerships they're gaining or losing over some period of time. I did tell them that my local dealership had closed last summer. I don't remember if billybovine used to alert us when a new update was available as he does with Garmin map updates.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I learned this morning from BRP Care that the company is no longer updating the dealer list that is preinstalled on Garmin devices sold by Can-Am and she said that the list will soon no longer appear on devices sold by dealerships. That being the case, it might be wise to bookmark this link on your phone in case you need to find a dealer near the far side of beyond when you're on tour: https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/us/en...r.html#/search.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S