Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your First One

Spyder Garage

I honestly don't remember. I think it was a 1989 Suzuki Katana that I paid $1500 for. I remember the make and model. The year is what is giving me trouble.

I got into an accident a month after I got it while sitting at a red light. This old lady in a ford mustang ran into me from behind. It totaled the bike.
    Fred is a 2010 RT SM5 - Sold.

I am not a mechanic. When I have a tool in my hand, 911 needs to be on Standby.

Spyder Garage

First for me was a 1972 Harley Sportster (kick start when it wanted to run). Bought when I was in the Navy in Newport News VA. Dealer charged me $100 to be number 8 in line waiting for one! Later I learned the union contract with HD expired every even numbered year and production slowdowns were the negotiating tactic used. Waited 4 months and 1 week to get my beautiful blue Sportster now that I was #1 in line. But the only Sportster on the truck that week was the ugliest @#!$!@##$# green you ever saw. I took it anyway. Kept that hard starting sob for 4 years and then worked through 4 more Harleys before getting my 2019 RTL last summer.

Spyder Garage

First bike in UK was 1959 BSA 175cc Bantam - great little bike that took me many thousands of safe miles before I sold it to my brother.

Had a hiatus for 35 years and then saw a truck carrying 20 or so new Indian Chiefs to a dealer in Clearwater Fl. - made a u turn and followed the truck to the dealer and made the mistake of sitting on one - $25k later I had one delivered and had a blast for about 5 years and my son still owns it.

Another hiatus for 15 years and now I have the best time poodling around on my Ryker - can't beat the air in your face and the freedom of ryding - which I will do until I drop!BSA Bantam.jpgIndian Chief.pngIndian Chief.png
    Pictures below which will probably be upside-down!