Spyder Garage

Default Radiator drain plug! Should have checked on site...

Ok, screwed up and tried to remove drain plug, should have checked the many threads regarding this! But now, I need to remove the radiator from a 2010 RT, anyone have a video showing what has to be removed. I have taken all panels off, but am not sure how to get black plastic brace off and radiator out! Open to any help, thanks

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Don60 View Post
    Ok, screwed up and tried to remove drain plug, should have checked the many threads regarding this! But now, I need to remove the radiator from a 2010 RT, anyone have a video showing what has to be removed. I have taken all panels off, but am not sure how to get black plastic brace off and radiator out! Open to any help, thanks
    I’d take the frunk off.

Remove 6 screws, disconnect a couple wiring harness and air intake, and you’re there.
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your response. After taking a closer look at my Spyder, found that removing the frunk would not help, radiator on right side and behind the front axle. I was able to pull off the plastic frame around the radiator and get it out. It is now at a shop being welded! One good thing about this experience is that I can now use the drain as designed. Threads were rusted at the end, that is why it twisted the entire housing, so glad I can get it repaired fairly cheap and back on the road.