Spyder Garage

Default Ryker owners happy with Kendas?

If you OWN A RYKER, and have had no problems with your Kendas (OK nail/debris/Grand Canyon in road) and up to this moment you are satisfied with them. Please post a short message here. Mention your mileage also. Again, thread is for Ryker owners only, with 1st hand experience with your Kenda tires. I realize over time your opinion may change, well that's life.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-30-2020 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Title change after cleaning thread up

Spyder Garage

I've made my feelings known on here before but will repeat … NO PROBLEMS with the Rally Kendas. 3,670 miles, about 50% on pavement, 50% on dirt. Had for a little over 15 months. Low mileage because most of my trips are in the 25 to 40 mile range. Use the Rally like a dual sport: dirt, mud, sand, etc. (these are "fairly" established roads, NOT offroad). Feel the Rally tire tread has got me out of some places that the standard, 900 ACE, might not have. Will definitely replace with the Kendas again unless someone comes out with a more aggressive tread ! At this point, am very satisfied.
    Spyder F3-S Special Series my traveling ride
    Ryker Rally modified for dual sport duty
    Honda Grom heavily modified for dual sport duty
    Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark my other traveling ride

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No problem with tires on my Ryker Rally with 4,000 miles. cueman

Spyder Garage

3500 miles on the ryker 900 kendas. no problems, still plenty of tread left. sometimes drive it fast. sometimes too much throttle at stops and tire squeals.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

4600 miles on my Rally and no issues with the tires. Ride both paved and dirt roads and the bike is super smooth at all speeds. Spyder has just under 25K miles. Always used Kenda tires. No issues there either. Only issue with the Spyder is belt vibration at certain speed/rpm areas.

Spyder Garage

I have about 1900 miles on my Rally and have had no issues with my tires.

Spyder Garage

My ryker rally has 1800 miles.. most of that was done by the previous owner... but the tires seem to be in really good shape.

Spyder Garage

Wow! I wish I were so lucky with the 2 sets I've had so far.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    ..... and ...tires have very little to None as far as what spyder they are on ..... If you have tire on a rope attached to a tree limb, it's construction means Nothing ..... however put that tire on ANY vehicle ....it Matters ..... It has been Extensively reported, with lengthy explanations about why Kenda's are poorly constructed..... I'm glad you don't have one or two of the Defective Kenda's, there have been many, many folks here who weren't so lucky .......... be happy - ride safe ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Were both sets on your Ryker..just wondering..read thread title

Spyder Garage

tick...tick...tick...

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Proud Ryker 600ACE here- no problems at all with original Kenda tires here - 2,800 miles so far.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamryder View Post
    Were both sets on your Ryker..just wondering..read thread title
    I bought my 2019 Ryker 900 Rally new. Out the door, on the ride home, the front tires were so bad that I could not see anything in my mirrors at speed. So the dealer, who had gotten 2 Ryker Rally's in a the same time. Swapped my 2 front tires/wheels out and had them professionally balanced at a tire shop. Better. But my right front still shakes the entire right front suspension quite a bit. Spinning the tire off the ground shows that the tire is not round. Not even close. You can't balance that out. So, out of 4, brand new Kenda tires on my Rally. I've gotten 1 that I was reasonably good.

I did read the thread title. I posted because I don't 'Hate' Kenda's (though I will admit I find it difficult to like the bad ones). I didn't realize I'd get in trouble for telling the truth.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I bought my 2019 Ryker 900 Rally new. Out the door, on the ride home, the front tires were so bad that I could not see anything in my mirrors at speed. So the dealer, who had gotten 2 Ryker Rally's in a the same time. Swapped my 2 front tires/wheels out and had them professionally balanced at a tire shop. Better. But my right front still shakes the entire right front suspension quite a bit. Spinning the tire off the ground shows that the tire is not round. Not even close. You can't balance that out. So, out of 4, brand new Kenda tires on my Rally. I've gotten 1 that I was reasonably good.

I did read the thread title. I posted because I don't 'Hate' Kenda's (though I will admit I find it difficult to like the bad ones). I didn't realize I'd get in trouble for telling the truth.
    Thanks for your input. I think I do remember you mentioning Kenda problems on an earlier thread\post. Did you ever go back AGAIN to the dealer about this? I should retitle the post as
    "Kenda tires on **YOUR RYKER** Like or Dislike and why?"

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Boy, you really need to start reading the title of the thread you're posting on !
    Tires - ANY tires, no matter vehicle they are on can be good or average or bad .... Kenda's tires ( used for spyders or Rykers ) are BAD .... - period. On the " reading thing ", being able to understand what one just read is key. Try doing it from that perspective ...... ride happy - ride safe ..... Mike .... PS, I find it interesting that you haven't made any comments about BajaRon's comments about the Kenda tires on this thread ...... .... PPS it's not nice to dis-criminate ......

Spyder Garage

My Rally has almost 5000 miles with the original tires. I can't say I love it or hate it, since I don't have anything to compare it. I just wish I had that option.