Spyder Garage

Default Does Anyone Rember StA?

Spyders to Arkansas

This was to be an event taking place in 2020 for those friends that wanted to participate. We had about 50 people interested.

Fast Forward: We decided to cancel because I did not want to compete with existing gatherings. The times, they have changed a bit.

Many events once planned are now showing up as cancelled. People are still worried about crowds, social distancing, etc.

So, I have a proposal to those who may be interested.

As restrictions are lifted, and hopefully no second wave takes place, how would you like to head out to one of the most beautiful places in the Mid West? We are talking NW Arkansas here.

We are thinking we would like to share some of this with friends, past and present. I am NOT thinking of holding a group event. You come to NW Arkansas, get a room at one of the three or four hotels of your choice, and then join us for one or two days of day touring in some of the most beautiful country that you may have seen. We are getting to know the scenic roads...and they are mostly all right out the door, in any direction.

We live 8 miles from Harrison. A great little town. We are in the country, and all rides start from our driveway. To avoid problems with social distancing, etc. we are thinking of groups of two to four max.

So...its a come when you want, join up with some friends, tour the most beautiful country you have seen, and rough it in a nice hotel/motel.

If you want to meet up and tour, you will have to contact me by PM.
    We want the touring to be low key, so no speed rides on the twisties with us. We like to stop and smell the roses.

Harrison has a little history...but do not let that scare you off. We have not met any of the K people, and have heard nothing about it in the year we have been here. Nice people, all.

So let me know what you think.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-28-2020 at 03:16 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

That would let me knock another off the bucket list.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Spyders to Arkansas

This was to be an event taking place in 2020 for those friends that wanted to participate. We had about 50 people interested.

Fast Forward: We decided to cancel because I did not want to compete with existing gatherings. The times, they have changed a bit.

Many events once planned are now showing up as cancelled. People are still worried about crowds, social distancing, etc.

So, I have a proposal to those who may be interested.

As restrictions are lifted, and hopefully no second wave takes place, how would you like to head out to one of the most beautiful places in the Mid West? We are talking NW Arkansas here.

We are thinking we would like to share some of this with friends, past and present. I am NOT thinking of holding a group event. You come to NW Arkansas, get a room at one of the three or four hotels of your choice, and then join us for one, two, three days of day touring in some of the most beautiful country that you may have seen. We are getting to know the scenic roads...and they are mostly all right out the door, in any direction.

We live 8 miles from Harrison. A great little town. We are in the country, and all rides start from our driveway. To avoid problems with social distancing, etc. we are thinking of groups of two to four max.

So...its a come when you want, join up with some friends, tour the most beautiful country you have seen, and rough it in a nice hotel/motel.

If you want to meet up and tour, you will have to contact me by PM.
    We want the touring to be low key, so no speed rides on the twisties with us. We like to stop and smell the roses.

Harrison has a little history...but do not let that scare you off. We have not met any of those people, and have heard nothing about it in the year we have been here. Nice people, all.

So let me know what you think.
    I think that's a great idea. I won't be able to make it this year, but would like to next year if you're still doing it.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Is this an any time event or is there a specific date range? This might be doable this year, depending on the dates. I like the idea.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Is this an any time event or is there a specific date range? This might be doable this year, depending on the dates. I like the idea.
    This is an any time event. We are here mostly all the time. The PM contact is so we can make sure we can meet up during your visit here. Now through the end of October is all prime riding time here. The summer green canopy is out now. Late October if you want the fall colors. We never had a down time all the way through Dec. 31.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I think that's a great idea. I won't be able to make it this year, but would like to next year if you're still doing it.
    One year at a time, BUT, we do like to ride.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I think it would be a great ryde to go over there and meet you. This year we'd like to take our little trailer and stop at some of the little creek/river beaches, picnic and get wet, that we've seen on some of our group fast rydes.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Revalden View Post
    I think it would be a great ryde to go over there and meet you. This year we'd like to take our little trailer and stop at some of the little creek/river beaches, picnic and get wet, that we've seen on some of our group fast rydes.
    We are 15 miles from Ponca and the Buffalo River Recreation area.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I remember SITS, syders in the smokies 2008, 2009

Spyder Garage

If you can promise me Neighbors Mill Bakery/Cafe will be open when it happens, we might be able to come up for it. Lived in Little Rock for a couple of years pre-Spyder, and wish we could turn back the clock on that. Harrison's a nice town and the ryding as you know is top notch all over that area. Will PM you to at least express our interest, depending on the timing.
    Regards,

Bret

2017 RT-S Orbital Blue
    BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar
    SpyderPops LED Bumpskid, Spyclops II LED, Full View Turn Signals & Belt Guard
    Sena 20S Bluetooth Headsets
    Brake Free Helmet Light
    FOBO Bike for Trike
    Rugged Geek RG1000 Safety Plus Jump Starter/Air Compressor
    Lamonster RAM mount/Techmount TechGripper
    Drink2Go Cup Holders
    UltraGard Half Cover
    2017 RT-S , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Hi there ARtraveler.
    We would certainly have an interest in your offer. we stayed at the BW in Eureka Springs 2 years ago and had a great time and riding. Unfortunately, the weather cut the trip short?? do you have any dates you are thinking about?
    you can contact us direct at: bigeff@cox.net if that works for you. I am one of the cofounders of NISR (Nebraska Iowa Spyder Ryders) and we are always looking for new routes to ride.
    we also host our own SPYDERFEVER rally each year in Council Bluffs, IA. this year it is August 27-30. Our rally has become quite popular in the Midwest as we limit the registrations to 130 people and it has almost become an annual reunion of sort for most attendees..
    thanks
    Gary F.
    a/k/a BIG F

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bhern View Post
    If you can promise me Neighbors Mill Bakery/Cafe will be open when it happens, we might be able to come up for it. Lived in Little Rock for a couple of years pre-Spyder, and wish we could turn back the clock on that. Harrison's a nice town and the ryding as you know is top notch all over that area. Will PM you to at least express our interest, depending on the timing.
    If they survive the close down. We are supposed to re-open on 5/11. Restaurants starting with 34% capacity. If no re-vival, then to 67%. That place is very busy so we have not actually ate there yet. I have found a couple nice places here though.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    Hi there ARtraveler.
    We would certainly have an interest in your offer. we stayed at the BW in Eureka Springs 2 years ago and had a great time and riding. Unfortunately, the weather cut the trip short?? do you have any dates you are thinking about?
    you can contact us direct at: bigeff@cox.net if that works for you. I am one of the cofounders of NISR (Nebraska Iowa Spyder Ryders) and we are always looking for new routes to ride.
    we also host our own SPYDERFEVER rally each year in Council Bluffs, IA. this year it is August 27-30. Our rally has become quite popular in the Midwest as we limit the registrations to 130 people and it has almost become an annual reunion of sort for most attendees..
    thanks
    Gary F.
    a/k/a BIG F
    The time period is open. We are mostly here. Good rides now till end of year. Fall colors in mid to late October. Green canopy fully open now. Been to Eureka a couple times. Very biker friendly.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I would be interested as my mother lives in Mountain Home and I haven't seen her in several years... might be my last chance. Getting to do some touring would be a plus. Guess that depends on how this pandemic plays out.
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldretiredcop View Post
    I would be interested as my mother lives in Mountain Home and I haven't seen her in several years... might be my last chance. Getting to do some touring would be a plus. Guess that depends on how this pandemic plays out.
    Mountain Home about 25 miles N. One of my routes goes within a few miles of there.

2020 F3L , Magma Red