Spyder Garage

Default 2011 Can Am Spyder Rt Limited stalls

I have a a 2011 Can Am Spyder Rt Limited with 9400 miles. More than a few times as I am coming to a stop and the bike is downshifting as it shifts from 2nd gear to 1st the bike stalls. This has happened 6 -7 times in the last couple rides. Any help or suggestions ? Thanks

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the forum Jimbombeck. I would look and make sure your oil level is good and have you changed the oil and filters (transmission & reg. oil filter). Do that if you have not. Next thing is the two small vacuum lines at the bottom of the throttle bodies. do a search here for that and you will see many treads on that subject.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Here are some links to threads about vacuum hose https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...t=vacuum+lines

and another one with color photos https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...t=vacuum+lines

You might also want to check to see if you have any codes next time it happens, try to pull up the codes, Push the Mode, Set and Turn Signal buttons at the same time - with the key on. You will either have a blank screen - meaning that the error is no longer active - or a code consisting of a letter and 4 numbers. Let us know what the error is.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

No error code... suggestions?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jimbombeck View Post
    No error code... suggestions?
    Just the oil & filters (transmission filer & oil filter) how old are they? The year of the Spyder strongly suggest vacuum lines may be a problem or drying out and cracking. see the link I gave you above and search for more info if you like. With out more info then you have provided that would be where I would look. With the vacuum lines sometime you don't see error codes.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Replace the vacuum lines, cheap easy fix. It fixed my 2012 stalling problem.
    Bob S