Spyder Garage

Default OEM Passenger Backrest

I am trying to decide on the passenger backrest for my STS. How comfortable is the adjustable one compare to the fixed position one? I was leaning to towards the fixed because of the top case add-on. Does anyone know if the adjustable has a top case as well?

Spyder Garage

Only the new backrest has the option for the top case. I learned that the hard way by thinking I could add the top case to my backrest. I was wrong big time. They made the top case mounting hardware specific to the new backrest. Have to have them both to make it work. The new backrest is nice and it holds the top case very nice. I just wish it wasn't so expensive for those of us who have never had anybody sit on the back seat.

Spyder Garage

I purchased the Fixed Passenger Backrest for $250 on here barely used. Works just fine. I wasn’t springing for $700 for the adjustable backrest for the occasional passenger for the wife and 10yr old daughter who wouldn’t know the difference and would ride strapped to the hood if i asked her too hahaha. Lots of family fun and with everything going on...I just wish I could afford two of them so my wife can ride separately. Maybe next year. Safe riding everyone

Spyder Garage

I posted same pic in another thread...I already had the passenger backrest (installed by dealer at purchase, along with the saddlebags), and they had the top box on sale shortly after, so I had them add the rack and top box.

My wife has never complained about the comfort or position of the fixed backrest. However, when I've been on as passenger, I think I'd prefer it to be leaned back just a tad.

IMG_20200425_183833911.jpg
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Would anyone be able to confirm that the ST-S OEM backrest is also compatible with the ST? 2013, to be specific...thanks!
    2013 ST , Pure Magnesium Metallic