Spyder Garage

Default 2012 rrt dps error

On the last two 100 mile + rides my computer flashes a DPS ERROR, and the engine starts bucking and can't get above 45 mph. Fix has been to stop, turn key off, and then restart. Works fine for about 45-60 miles, then happens again.
    When I looked for codes, none showed up.
    Any suggestions on what might be causing this.
    Thanks in advance.

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The DPS draws a lot of power when you're working it medium to hard. Older battery, or loose / dirty battery cable connections will cause this. Clean / tighten your connections at the battery - use star washers - replace battery if you have a number of years on it.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Default Fixed DPS error !!! Fingers crossed.

So. Last two 100 mile rides, the DPS error put me on the side of the road 6 times. The problem was simple to fix on the road, just turn off, and back on, rebooted the computer, and allowed me to go another 35 - 50 miles, then it would happen again.
    I have a battery volt gage on the dash, that read a consistent 13.2-8 volts, on a 2 year old gel battery.
    Well this week I was checking the battery terminals, and light wires, trying to figure out if I had a intermittent short, etc. I have a rechargeable flashlight in the trunk, plugged into the 12 voltage plug. I have had this in there for years, with no problems, and it was getting power,, because the blinking status light on the mount indicated power.
    Well, pushing on the plug, showed, a little movement, that I thought it was just about to unplug. I pushed it back in, jumped on the bike and road about 140 miles with not one DPS failure.
    Was this the little burp that alllffected the electrical power? Could be.
    Thase bikes are fussy. Stay tuned.