Spyder Garage

Default Anyone with BUDS who can delete DESS?

Anyone in Phoenix Arizona have their own BUDS-Megatech license? I want to delete that DESS of my spyder.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-26-2020 at 08:19 PM.
    '' RIDE -WINE - DINE LIKE ITS YOUR LAST DAY- SO MAKE IT COUNT DAILY''
    2013 ram 1500 RT HEMI 405 Hp
    2012 spyder RT + cat-bypass, mod muffler, PCV + auto tune, HID headlight n foggers, seal floorboards, LED's every where, supercharged ..not!
    2012 Fiat c500 conv.

Spyder Garage

Also looking for BUDS Info. Following.

Spyder Garage

Your signature line says you have a 2012. As far as I know the DESS cannot be deleted using BUDS on 2013 or older models. So this may be not what you are looking for.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

In 2014 an engineer ( and in this case I use the term loosely ) changed the DESS module ..... that's exactly when the problem began, prior to then I hadn't heard much in the way of complaints about Failure ..... Canceling the DESS won't speed up the start delay .... at least it didn't change mine when I had my DESS canceled ...... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-29-2022 at 10:25 AM.

Spyder Garage

i am in gaffney sc can disable buds.. 860 334 5799
    JIM EVANS
    2014 RTL, cb,all panels color matched over 300 LEDs, pass armrests sat radio chrome WS brkt, larger w.s, more to come

Spyder Garage

My 2014 Spyder RTL just started throwing the dreaded DESS code and the spare key is not working. I can start it now with one key but am limiting that until DESS is disabled.

I'm looking for someone in Central Virginia with B.U.D.S. that is willing to disable DESS. I would prefer not to work through a dealer. I live in Chesterfield. Any help would be appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EddieN View Post
    My 2014 Spyder RTL just started throwing the dreaded DESS code and the spare key is not working. I can start it now with one key but am limiting that until DESS is disabled.

I'm looking for someone in Central Virginia with B.U.D.S. that is willing to disable DESS. I would prefer not to work through a dealer. I live in Chesterfield. Any help would be appreciated.
    I Very Seriously doubt Any dealer will do this for you .... Also, The regular BUDS can't do it .... However, if they have an advanced BUDS license it will work .... Good Luck .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-04-2022 at 02:58 PM.

Spyder Garage

HI EddieN,

Have you seen the D.E.S.S. KEY CODE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thread on this website?

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started the thread on 8/13/2015, the thread has a lot of views & replies providing excellent information on the D.E.S.S. issue & its resolution

Deanna
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-07-2022 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Added/fixed link

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    HI EddieN,

Have you seen the D.E.S.S. KEY CODE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thread on this website?

I started the thread on 8/13/2015, the thread has a lot of views & replies providing excellent information on the D.E.S.S. issue & its resolution

Deanna

There is a lot info in that thread. OMG! ....and good info too. As BLUEKNIGHT911 stated, the dealerships have only the Dealer/Tech B.U.D.S. license, not the Megatech required to disable DESS. So, I've ordered the new DESS module and planning to install it myself. What a pita. In any event, I understand the frunk has to be removed to access the DESS module but I haven't found any pictures showing the mounted module. This is something I'd like to see before I start removing the frunk. Does anybody have a pic? Is the module inside or outside of the firewall?

I did consider buying B.U.D.S. and a 1-year Megatech license but at $617, the module at $154 is a better choice for my budget.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-07-2022 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Fixed link

Spyder Garage

There is a lot info in that thread. OMG! ....and good info too. As BLUEKNIGHT911 stated, the dealerships have only the Dealer/Tech B.U.D.S. license, not the Megatech required to disable DESS. So, I've ordered the new DESS module and planning to install it myself. What a pita. In any event, I understand the frunk has to be removed to access the DESS module but I haven't found any pictures showing the mounted module. This is something I'd like to see before I start removing the frunk. Does anybody have a pic? Is the module inside or outside of the firewall?

I did consider buying B.U.D.S. and a 1-year Megatech license but at $617, the module at $154 is a better choice for my budget.
    It's only PITA the first time ... there are many vids on U-tube on how it's done - 8 torx bolts if my memory serves 6 on top 2 underneath the frunk pan near the motor ..... I have pics of the module mounting in an Album .... also where I re-installed the New one ..... PM me iof you need more .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Get in touch with Blueknight911, he has pic's of the DESS module in his Album.

Adrien

Spyder Garage

EddieN,

I started the D.E.S.S KEY CODE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Thanks!

Good Luck with the DESS module install.

Please post the DESS module # in the D.E.S.S. KEY CODE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thread so that other people know what model # it is.

Deanna
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-07-2022 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Added link

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Its just above the battery where the module is mounted.