Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FastOldGuy View Post
    And without riding one, I bought a Spyder. (Will pick it up Saturday.) At 64 my knees are about gone. I have a 2018 HD StreetGlide, riding it with my GF on the back wears my knees out. She has her boat for sale and started the "When I sell my Boat... HD Triglide" thing. After owning Harleys since 1974 I'm just not loving a HD Triglide thought. My 2018 M8 Runs HOT and on a Trike, it's going to be Hotter (IMO) and I'm not paying $35,000.00 for something I ain't in Love With. Going through all this led me to Spyders. I didn't want to buy a Brand New one and decide I didn't like it and then take a deprecation hit so I figured I'd look for a USED one. Going to the Local Stealer they had a '16 R3T used but were not very negotiable. From a $14,900 asking price to out the door at $16,500. I said "Le'me Think Aboutit". I'm sure Salesmen that hear that know its Adios! I've found the 2016 locally with 2,500 miles and some extras so I went to see it this morning and made a deal on it. (I have no way to haul it and no driver.) The old guy that bought it passed away and his wife finally decided to sell it (but she started off HIGH $18,500). I offered 14ish and she said "OK". So I'll go back Saturday with my GF to bring it home. At this point I'm unsure about selling the 2018 HD, if I ride it by myself my knees don't take so much abuse.

The 2016 RTS has a few options on it, Passenger Arm Rests, Key Holder w/hole, phone holder and drink cup holder... Helmets and Cover. Looking it over I don't see a mark on it anywhere and the tires still look brand new.

I've owned an old BMW with a sidecar so I have an understanding of how being on 3 wheels feels but from everything I've seen and watched "Weird As F'k" is what I've heard on Spyders. I'm sure it's just getting used to.

Ideas, Thoughts or Comments are Appreciated.
    Pretty gutsy purchasing a Spyder blindly.

Me, I wanted to know what it felt like taking one through its paces. So when we went to Las Vegas, we decided to do a tour with Las Vegas Spyder Tours..

Best thing I ever did.

We took it an RS on a 60 mile/2.5 hour test ride. From 25 mph city driving to 85 mph blasts down an interstate, with some canyon riding in between.

We loved the Spyder enough to buy one for ourselves.

So if you are cruising this Spyderlovers and are thinking of buying one for yourself, I suggest you do something similar.

BTW, good luck on your "new" Spyder !!
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

At 62 I purchased my 2012 RTL spyder with 3400 miles in Mar 2020..Wow it's been great with 5100 miles now and just a relief and pleasure to ride. Lots to learn yet but absolutely looking forward to travels. Just put the hitch on today (15 minutes). My shoulders forced me into getting off my Victory Vision with my wife on back. But I can't do a trike
    #1. Way too much $$
    #2. Trike is Not quite kewl -nuf said.
    #3 Safety -no comparison between trike and Spyder. The dynamics are in spyders favor.
    I think ur girlfriend is going to love this bike. My wife is driving all over the high school parking lot and loving it. She has never driven a motocycle. I may have one regret ...if she falls in love with driving the spyder...I'll have to get another!!
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by davev1pa View Post
    At 62 I purchased my 2012 RTL spyder with 3400 miles in Mar 2020..Wow it's been great with 5100 miles now and just a relief and pleasure to ride. Lots to learn yet but absolutely looking forward to travels. Just put the hitch on today (15 minutes). My shoulders forced me into getting off my Victory Vision with my wife on back. But I can't do a trike
    #1. Way too much $$
    #2. Trike is Not quite kewl -nuf said.
    #3 Safety -no comparison between trike and Spyder. The dynamics are in spyders favor.
    I think ur girlfriend is going to love this bike. My wife is driving all over the high school parking lot and loving it. She has never driven a motocycle. I may have one regret ...if she falls in love with driving the spyder...I'll have to get another!!
    May be in the same boat, took my wife for a ride yesterday and she's considering getting a 3 wheel endorsement on her license.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper6 View Post
    Pretty gutsy purchasing a Spyder blindly.

Me, I wanted to know what it felt like taking one through its paces. So when we went to Las Vegas, we decided to do a tour with Las Vegas Spyder Tours..

Best thing I ever did.

We took it an RS on a 60 mile/2.5 hour test ride. From 25 mph city driving to 85 mph blasts down an interstate, with some canyon riding in between.

We loved the Spyder enough to buy one for ourselves.

So if you are cruising this Spyderlovers and are thinking of buying one for yourself, I suggest you do something similar.

BTW, good luck on your "new" Spyder !!

No big concern on buying a Spyder Blindly. I've bought cars all over the East Coast and Never driven them. (Last was a C7 Corvette in Florida.) Mail the Check/Transfer the $$$$$, Fly and Drive it home. Spyder wise, if I got it and didn't like it. SELL IT. I could have rode it before I paid the Seller, still no concern. It's a 3 wheel "thing" it's not going to handle like a Motorcycle. I've owned 1 BMW R75/6 that had a Sidecar. Different but similar. I also looked at the mileage on a 100+ used Spyders, some are 40,000+ and some are like the one I bought (low mileage). I spent a lot of time reading here.

Spyder Garage

I purchased MY 2011 In DFW in February with 3500 original miles. Never driven a Spyder. Only two wheeled Japanese Bykes. Completed the deal at the dealer . Aired up the front and rear tires and drove 250 miles back home. I few differences and getting accostumed to the lack of front hand brake but I drove it like I stoled it. 90mph in some places and it fast fun. So, far we have put almost 4000 miles extra and my wife is learning to drive the Spyder now and waiting for the offical driving class to open again. We ride together now and she never got close to my two wheel 2003 Yamaha FJR. Spyders are fun but have some technical and mechanical issues that I would hope #BRP would be willing to help the USED SPYDER buyers but I guess that it you got a good one then you will be Ok and you will have fun. Enjoy the rides. It is not that difficult!Spyder riders.jpg