Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I have the Sena 10S it is the upgraded version of the Sena flagship Bluetooth headset for motorcycle helmets, the SM10 talk to 3 riding companions, via HD audio, 1.0 mile away, take calls, listen to music and more. Riders can connect with all Sena + non Sena Bluetooth motorcycle headsets using universal intercom.

I have been using the Sena 10S for 3 years, and I also use the Sena 10S in the winter when riding on my sled. I do get a message "saying Low Battery" when I am riding on my sled in the winter. I connect a USB cord ( in my glove box of the sled) to my Sena 10S on my helmet, and connect the other end to my 12V outlet in my glove box on my sled, to keep the Sena 10S charged. I fine that that the cold weather drains the battery in my Sena 10S faster. I have the original battery in my Sena 10S.

My significant other also has/uses Sena ( the older version with the larger dial).

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Revalden View Post
    We have the Sena 20s EVO and they work well to talk to the Navigator on the back seat and tgo answer phone calls and listen to the built-in radio, but I can never get anyone else in our Spyder group to sit still long enough to pair with them Probably don't want to hear my smart ass comments. And the S.C.R.C. group don't wear helmets unless we ride into Missouri which requires helmets.
    Strange. Our SCRC chapter (Conroe 120) almost universally wears helmets (we have a few holdouts). The road captains are about half on CB and half on SENA with a bit of overlap as a few of us have and use both.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    That’s the position we’re in too. Just curious about the +mesh unit that allows more to connect. Would be nice to have in groups to point out things while riding. Have to give Dave a call this weekend.
    Just remember the mesh tech ONLY works if everyone in the group has a radio with that tech. When connecting a group of SENA headsets, the entire group falls to the communication capabilities of the lowest model in the group. IE if you have 5 of the new 50 series units and one SMR10 joins in, you lose mesh and all digital noise reduction functions. The entire group is reduced to series 10 functions. This particularly comes in to play if anyone has a Sena or Nolen helmet with the built in Sena units. The built in units are all 10 series. IE seriously outdated.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    I have the Sena 10S it is the upgraded version of the Sena flagship Bluetooth headset for motorcycle helmets, the SM10 talk to 3 riding companions, via HD audio, 1.0 mile away, take calls, listen to music and more. Riders can connect with all Sena + non Sena Bluetooth motorcycle headsets using universal intercom.

I have been using the Sena 10S for 3 years, and I also use the Sena 10S in the winter when riding on my sled. I do get a message "saying Low Battery" when I am riding on my sled in the winter. I connect a USB cord ( in my glove box of the sled) to my Sena 10S on my helmet, and connect the other end to my 12V outlet in my glove box on my sled, to keep the Sena 10S charged. I fine that that the cold weather drains the battery in my Sena 10S faster. I have the original battery in my Sena 10S.

My significant other also has/uses Sena ( the older version with the larger dial).

Deanna
    You would find significant improvements moving up to a 20 series unit. The 10 series is over 6 years old.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    You would find significant improvements moving up to a 20 series unit. The 10 series is over 6 years old.
    I'll check with Motorcycle Dave to see what he has for deals on the 20 series units.
    Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

I just came across this comparo and I thought y'all might be interested....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkoO773ENCI
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Revzilla did a review of the Top 10 Communication devices for 2020 and Sena was not on the list! It is a good review and having just purchased a Sena 30K I can understand why they didn’t make it. The 30K is awful, I wish I had gone with another 20S ir a different brand.
    My son told me last week a bunch of his two wheel rider friends went to the 30 Mesh systems and they all complain about how poorly they operate. He stuck with his 20S.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

So mentioned I'd come back for an update - as someone asked. Having sold our 4 Sena 20S units and purchasing Packtalk Bold units - they difference is night and day. Now, some will say it's not a fair comparison - I know - the Packtalk Bold is typically pitted against the 30k. But, if you ready my early post - given our lack of customer support and problems with our 20S with 3 or more (which was well within it's marketing) - as well as many reviews - like the one posted above by RICZ - we decide to abandon the ship and go elsewhere.

I must say - the Packtalk Bolds are amazing. They multi-task audio (listening to bluetooth tunes and someone talking to me) much better than my 20S did. The wind noise filtering is amazing. If our group takes off fast from you can hear some wind noise for up to 5-10 seconds while it figures itself out and decides what to filter -and then it's back to crystal quiet. The always connected Mesh technology is awesome. Once paired the very first time - we literally just turn them on. We all mount the Spyder - hit the power up buttons - and are immediately talking to each other - no waiting, no additional button presses.

The one thing I also have found very useful this last week is the "private" feature. With a simple double tap of the top button - my headset connects privately with who I have saved as my private preference (changeable in the app - and able to connect privately to others in the app as well). I'm presently coaching my son on his first bike (he did take a MSF course). So when our group of 4 was out - I could private with just him to not make his mother nervous - and to keep the chatter out of his ears. Interesting feature of the private function - if we stop talking for a while - the private drops out to join us back with the group. I totally understand this feature and think in general will like it - but in this instance of wanting to keep chatter out of his ear - was a shock when it did it. But the back and forth from private to the group at large was quick and seamless with just the double tap.

3 of us are traveling for a week coming up. I'm super excited to have these Packtalks instead of our previous 20S.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

I just traded my 2001 goldwing in for a 2019 RT LT, so I have to switch from wired headsets and bike hosted intercom to Bluetooth and helmet to helmet intercom. It's also time to abandon the old CB radio for bike to bike.

After talking to all my Harley riding buddies, we've decided to give Sena a try. Mostly because Harley only allows Sena headsets to link to their bike's bluetooth.

I just ordered a pair of Sena 50S headsets off of amazon. I'm hoping that mesh 2.0 fixes all of the problems that Sena has been having.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ClayJ View Post
    Mostly because Harley only allows Sena headsets to link to their bike's bluetooth.
    Supposedly for being an industry standard electronic protocol, there sure are a lot of proprietary variations in BT. Question! Do your Harley buddies communicate bike to bike with CB from a BT helmet? If so, then that's why the restriction, I think. I just found out that Sena's Freewire system for Harleys and Goldwings that connects into the bike comm system and to a BT headset will only work with particular Sena headsets for the CB function. IF, and this might be a big IF, the Sena Freewire technology is built into the HD comm system then that is why only Sena will work. And it's probably not all Sena's so make sure whatever you guys get is compatible all around.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I lead rydes all the timed have not had much success with Bluetooth part of my Sena 30K. Last week my wife was tailgunner and when my Navigation would kick in, it would Kick her off and would not get her back. The Sena would keep saying intercom Failed. At the halfway point I asked her to switch on the mesh. and had to show her how. In public mode She was in back of 10 spiders and I never lost her from then on. Each turn, she would let me know she had turned and I could just concentrate on what was in front of me. It was really nice. Mesh self heals so you don't loose who you are speaking with. I wish more people would get it.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I lead rydes all the timed have not had much success with Bluetooth part of my Sena 30K. Last week my wife was tailgunner and when my Navigation would kick in, it would Kick her off and would not get her back. The Sena would keep saying intercom Failed. At the halfway point I asked her to switch on the mesh. and had to show her how. In public mode She was in back of 10 spiders and I never lost her from then on. Each turn, she would let me know she had turned and I could just concentrate on what was in front of me. It was really nice. Mesh self heals so you don't loose who you are speaking with. I wish more people would get it.
    AY4B Did you do the 2.0 up date for the 30K that was to came out on May 1st?
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    AY4B Did you do the 2.0 up date for the 30K that was to came out on May 1st?
    No, I have not. What does it do?
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I have a new set of 30k still in the box I have not set them up yet. The new 2.0 is the same software as the new 50s and make it 80% better according to Sena see the 50s add that talks about the 2.0 software the download for the 30K is free at sena .com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxdr...ature=youtu.be I was just wondering if you had tried it yet.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I think what I was looking for was the Sena Bluetooth to Mesh intercom adapter that I can use with my SMH 10’s. After reading these posts and watching reviews on YouTube, I might end up getting the Cardo. The Sena just has too much wind noise and popping when 3 of us are connected and there is a crosswind. Plugging the hole in the front of the mic along with a denser windsock helped, but it is still there.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I think what I was looking for was the Sena Bluetooth to Mesh intercom adapter that I can use with my SMH 10’s. After reading these posts and watching reviews on YouTube, I might end up getting the Cardo. The Sena just has too much wind noise and popping when 3 of us are connected and there is a crosswind. Plugging the hole in the front of the mic along with a denser windsock helped, but it is still there.
    Yes I was hoping this new mesh 2.0 software would help with that, I'm just waiting to hear from someone that has done the download or has the new 50s.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Getting a lot of good info, just don’t want to spend a hundred and twenty bucks on an adapter if it doesn’t make things better...
    All of my headsets have the newest software downloaded btw.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Getting a lot of good info, just don’t want to spend a hundred and twenty bucks on an adapter if it doesn’t make things better...
    All of my headsets have the newest software downloaded btw.
    This is the Sena page for the upgrade software and what it will do for the +Mesh https://www.sena.com/mesh-two as it notes better sound and clarity.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I just hooked it up to my Sena Device manager. current version is 2.3.1. It is now updating to 3.0.1
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Do your Harley buddies communicate bike to bike with CB from a BT helmet?
    We have a combo of Harley, Goldwing, Spyder, and other metric riders. Mostly 2 up riding. I think everyone is wired but I don't know for sure.

This switch from CB to bluetooth is coming from those that don't have CB and feel left out on our rides. It's the Harley guys that are pushing for Sena over Cardo as we switch. 2 couples have already bought the new Sena 50. They said the bike to headset bluetooth has good quality and the passenger to pillion intercom is fine, but not enough have headset to really try out the mesh.

Spyder Garage

But , is the 50s/r waterproof and how is the noise canceling?
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Ok, Is it still to new and no one knows?
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Had 6 of us talking with the Packtalk Bolds the other night. Stretched out riding - 6 bikes. When we'd change speeds quickly you might hear a bit of wind noise for 5 seconds or less before it filtered it right back out. Me in the front, talking to the guy in the back - and others in the group - sound quality was primo, crystal clear, awesome!
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

I guess I will chime in with what we travel with in the past. Until three years ago My wife and I after YEARS of riding the OLD way of yelling to each other needed BLUETOOTH. We stated riding trips with brother/wife. So my Brother and I picked up {2} Calvery Bliuetooth Hemets from Sena and (2) Momentum Lite Bluetooth again from Sena for our travels together. Last years trip was about 3900 miles. They worked great. We both drive behind a wind screens so wind wasn't a issue, they got a few will WET days and no issue as well. Was happy with distance holding up when when not riding together. We do have other full face helmets and those carry Cardo Freecom 4+. They are nice sound is clear, but the distance doesn't seem to hold up to the Sena helmets. Im a old school guy who loves this send half helmet
    2012 , java

Spyder Garage

Sorry for posting this here, but I don't remember how to start a new post??? However my question is this has anyone taken a glue pad off of one helmet and transferred it to another? if so how did you do it? Thanks in advance and I apologize again.
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away