Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Sena +Mesh reviews

Just wondering if anyone uses the Sena +Mesh? I’m thinking of getting one since it is supposed to allow an “unlimited” number of riders to connect and a half mile range. Thought it would be handy when going in large groups in the Hills.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You might want to go to the Sena web site and look at their new BT head sets. They have, the new 50s & 50r it has a range of up to 5 miles if your in a large group that is spread out. and up to 1.2 miles with just two of you. The 50s has new HD speakers. There will be an up date to mesh 2.0 for the 30k users also coming out in a week or so that will do the same for the 30k but the 30k just is not as loud or have the same speaker setup with bass control that the 50s will have. The draw back is every one must have the 2.0 mesh up date. New will work better then old but it will take time for every one to move to 2.0.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

try u clear had them for years

Spyder Garage

I’m trying to be cheap and get by with the 3 SMH 10’s and SPH 10 that I have now. Finally got them all working good together. Just would like to have the capability for others to join in. Range isn’t that big of deal in the Hills anyway since there aren’t a lot of mile long straightaways.
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

RapidSpyder - are you using 20S now and wanting to add the +Mesh Adapters? We have 4 20S and struggle with them. 2 is great, 3 is meh - and more is not good - and all updated to the newest firmware. I'm struggling with whether I want to by the +Mesh Adapters, or upgrade to 30k's but buying 4 at once is not appealing to the wallet for sure.

EDIT: must have been typing my reply when you typed yours above - I see this is what you are talking about - just not with the 20S.
    Last edited by Jdr00ejr; 04-23-2020 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Posted at the same time of another user.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

We bought the latest SMH-10 models. These mount in our new Bell Mag 9 helmets. Made special for the Sena units.

The latest version has twice the range of our older ones. We got about 2.5 blocks straight line with them. The latest gives us about 4 blocks straight line.

The set is supposed to mesh with up to two more Sena users. Since we have not rode in a pack, we have not tried this feature out. And...the directions are a bit difficult for me...a non techie.

Bottom line....I would say, improved over the older ones. We use ours for communication only. No radio or bluetooth phone usage.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    RapidSpyder - are you using 20S now and wanting to add the +Mesh Adapters? We have 4 20S and struggle with them. 2 is great, 3 is meh - and more is not good - and all updated to the newest firmware. I'm struggling with whether I want to by the +Mesh Adapters, or upgrade to 30k's but buying 4 at once is not appealing to the wallet for sure.
    Our 20s is great for 2 people. Add 3 or more and you get crackling or popcorn popping noise. Are group is 6 people. We have latest update and got all units replaced under warranty. Still same issues. Heard same problem with 30k. We tried U Clear at a show with 3 of us and they were crystal clear. Now 50S and 50R may be better. Will see. Also Sena has a trade in program going on for first generation 30k users till June. Hope they extend that to 20S.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

GOT ANY FOR SALE??
    I need to upgrade from my pair of old Cardo Q3 units. But what with our investments taking a hit lately, I don't want to put out the cash for new. Previous posts indicate there might be some good unused sets lying around. I don't need bells and whistles, just talk with passenger + another rider and connect to phone. Not a fan of music while riding - I know that makes me weird.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi Dave here,
    Give me a call 209-887-3283.
    I am your friendly neighborhood SENA dealer for Spyder Lovers not only can I save you money
    but I can give you information
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    Just wondering if anyone uses the Sena +Mesh? I’m thinking of getting one since it is supposed to allow an “unlimited” number of riders to connect and a half mile range. Thought it would be handy when going in large groups in the Hills.

Spyder Garage

We have the Sena 20s EVO and they work well to talk to the Navigator on the back seat and tgo answer phone calls and listen to the built-in radio, but I can never get anyone else in our Spyder group to sit still long enough to pair with them Probably don't want to hear my smart ass comments. And the S.C.R.C. group don't wear helmets unless we ride into Missouri which requires helmets.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Revzilla did a review of the Top 10 Communication devices for 2020 and Sena was not on the list! It is a good review and having just purchased a Sena 30K I can understand why they didn’t make it. The 30K is awful, I wish I had gone with another 20S ir a different brand.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hmmmmmmm, interesting comments! And just think. CB was introduced for m/c riders over 40 years ago and still works great for group communication. Newer is always better? "Fraid not!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The problem is EVERYONE in the group has to have the same brand headset as well as the headsets (or adapters) need to have the mesh tech. So if everyone has Sena and some have the 30k and some have the 20s with the adapter then all can communicate and still have the other connections to the passenger and devices.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

There are folks in my SCRC chapter that have Bluetooth communicators, but don't want to talk to anyone other than their chosen few. I don't get it! Captain and tail gunner should be able to communicate for the sake of safety, if nothing else.
    When I was in VTS/MTA every bike had a CB and it was a great aid for safety and personal needs.
    Now, I am riding with two other clubs and my granddaughter and it helps to be connected. She would wear my other helmet with the Cardo, but now, with the virus, she wears her own helmet without a Bluetooth so we can play it safe, but lose the ability to be connected and that's why I'm looking to upgrade. Ideally, I'd like to score 3 sets - one for her, one for me and one for my passenger.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

We're still using the old smh-10s. They have been dependable and not anything that frustrates us on our small group of 4 tours. I would move up if we grew our group, but so far we like the small group... easy to coordinate vacations, ride distance, keep together and find lodging/food for. We'll keep them until they die... but also found a way to install new batteries if the batteries begin to lose their charge longevity. When the time comes, though, will move up to another Sena product because of the great experience with them thus far. My first was an early Uclear that was horrible. It chased me to Sena. I hope the Uclear line has improved since back then (5 years past). Thanks for the reviews, I like to hear about what is current, the advantages and what works!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinDavid View Post
    We're still using the old smh-10s. They have been dependable and not anything that frustrates us on our small group of 4 tours. I would move up if we grew our group, but so far we like the small group... easy to coordinate vacations, ride distance, keep together and find lodging/food for. We'll keep them until they die... but also found a way to install new batteries if the batteries begin to lose their charge longevity. When the time comes, though, will move up to another Sena product because of the great experience with them thus far. My first was an early Uclear that was horrible. It chased me to Sena. I hope the Uclear line has improved since back then (5 years past). Thanks for the reviews, I like to hear about what is current, the advantages and what works!
    That’s the position we’re in too. Just curious about the +mesh unit that allows more to connect. Would be nice to have in groups to point out things while riding. Have to give Dave a call this weekend.

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Still up in the air on which to purchase. Want to be able to make and receive calls with both of us on different phones. (Have parents and children that call when we are out riding)Want Music. Most of all want to talk to Passenger. Tired of her beating on my helmet when she needs to stop. LOL. Don't want to put major $$$$$ into this but need to work it out soon.
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Spyder Garage

After researching and watching numerous reviews / comparison videos - I've pulled the trigger on abandoning Sena altogether. We are jumping ship to the Cards Packtalk Bold. We'll see how it goes.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Don't forget to give us a report on how they are working. I am interested in getting a couple of bt's units for the wife and I to use.

Spyder Garage

My wife and I had been using Uclears for the last 6 years and never been happy with them so for our Coast to Coast ride last summer we purchased the Sean’s 30k and have been extremely satisfied with them, during our 11,000 mile ride we linked up with several groups of riders which surprised us and them. They have about a mile range before they get spotty but that’s to be expected. I would definitely recommend them.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

If anyone is still interested in a used pair of headsets, I have a pair of Uclear Motion Infinity's for sale. They work great and are in excellent condition, with one minor imperfection. While changing my visor, I pushed too hard on the headset and tore the weather proof boot on the top button of one unit. I glued it back, and it seems to be holding. A replacement boot might even be available from Uclear. I haven't checked yet, so I don't know. I bought them about a year ago, and have used them mostly for 1 ride a week. My riding group use mostly Sena units, so I switched to Sena's to be able to pair with them. I couldn't add photos here, so look at my albums for pictures. I paid $499.95, and I'm asking $225.

George

2022 Spyder RT Limited Sea to Sky Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I was surprised at just how simple the Cardo Packtalk Bolds were to upgrade firmware on and to connect to each other - compared to my Sena 20S. What's more fascinating, and awesome is the they retain their group mesh pairing constantly - what I mean is - power it on - and that's it - no more button presses, nothing - just power it on - it automagically connects to the others it can find in range that have previously paired to it's group.

Need to try them on some rides and see how the wind/noise cancelling and sound quality is - but first impressions are strong.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

We have the SENA 30, don't remember what letter. We love them. Easy to pair, easy to upgrade. And they hold a charge. They also paired to the 2020 RT quickly. Music quality could be better. Talking on the phone is very good. And I can BT Sirius, or Android Auto to the headsets very easily. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I have freecom 2 ,they worked ok ,hate the buttons . Now there is an update ,that is NOT user friendly . I did not try yet only read the comments and that was enough .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Wise choice Jdr00ejr
    2 thumbs up on the Cardo Bold. Had one for several months now. Will communicate with any other brand. Two Bluetooth channels. Can add up to 15 other riders to one channel, while you talk to back seat on the other. Paired it with my Iphone for music, and BRP connect or TomTom GPS for navigation. Easy to use and update. Simple install for any type of helmet. Bought two pack online for less than 400 clams.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue