Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Anyone watching Shark Tank will know that they are a big proponent of Chinese and overseas manufacturing. As Kevin would say..."its all about the money."

Unfortunately, the bottom line or the final price paid has a lot to do with what is purhased, and from where, these days.

Once again, not one of those subjects with one easy answer.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My original post was meant when you have options. I personally would rather buy american then chinese & pay more. I import from hong kong &
    china and for years have wished I had options, Taiwan being one of them. I am an Autel tpms distributor and I hate it that they are owned &
    manufactured in China. But when I buy things personally I do spend more for U.S. built ie snap on tools not harbor freight except when I need
    cheap crap that will only be used rarely. We all know for years many dog foods come from china and may be poison, lead based toys and baby
    soup (a chinese delicacy) and many other things.
    I found a good source for those that don't read or speak mandarin is the Epoch Times.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    When I played lacrosse in college the laxers and the ruggers used to argue who was crazier, guys who could legally run around with sticks and hit each other or blokes who played football with no helmets.
    We did some crazy stuff when we were younger. Now we just zoom along at 70 MPH on three wheels. We never learn.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpot View Post
    We did some crazy stuff when we were younger. Now we just zoom along at 70 MPH on three wheels. We never learn.
    Zooming along with 3 wheels and 3 cylinders is still safer than 2 wheels and 6 cylinders! (I used to have a Valkyrie also)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Man, where's UtahPete? This is the kind of conversation he likes to jump into with both feet!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MonPaul View Post
    Zooming along with 3 wheels and 3 cylinders is still safer than 2 wheels and 6 cylinders! (I used to have a Valkyrie also)

It always amazes me how many Spyder owners are either previous or current Valkyrie owners. There must be something in the genes.

Ah, there is a mathematical explanation. 6 cylinders divided by 2 wheels equals 3 wheels. Wow, I was really reaching for that one. I need to get back on topic.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

I for one am going to avoid all the Chinese stuff possible because most of it is junk. As for the virus the whole thing seems suspicious to me. We need to get to the real truth somehow. If the wet market story is true and they let them open them again they deserve what they get just build the wall around them instead of down south. If it was a lab accident we really need to distance ourselves from them and maybe another wall is in order. I for one don't trust them.
    THERE now I feel better.

Edit: I guess I'm turning into a radical.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MonPaul View Post
    My '98 Valk was a great bike.I sometimes regret selling it.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

It is almost impossible to totally avoid buying Chinese products today. For example, go to Whole Foods, the bastion of "organic". Take a close look at a lot of their packaging. "California Stir Fry" veggies, for example, has small print on the back of the package that says "Product of China"!!!!! A lot of their products are the same. Good luck trying to stay away from China or going "organic" for that matter. Not picking on Whole Foods. They're not alone. Just pointing out how dependant we have become upon China in ways we probably didn't realize..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

We have been a world economy for so long now that cutting out China or any other country may be a pretty big problem. I agree that we should rethink where we get our a lot of our essential items.

Another one here. Blue and silver interstate. I don't miss it, it was not a comfortable ride for me. One of the prettiest bikes I've ever had though.
    valk.jpg
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rbell0 View Post
    If the wet market story is true and they let them open them again they deserve what they get just build the wall around them instead of down south.
    Here's an interesting article about wet markets. Sale of wild animals in only a small part of the wet market business. https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2...kets-reopening

Chinese government would like to keep a ban on sales of wildlife, but there is a problem.

In theory, it should be possible for China to permanently ban the sale of wildlife is wet markets without endangering many people’s food security, income security, and valued culinary culture by banning wet markets altogether.

But that would require the government to stop kowtowing to the wildlife farming industry, which has immense lobbying power, Li said.
    Sounds like American politics, doesn't it?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I for one am going to avoid all the Chinese stuff possible because most of it is junk. As for the virus the whole thing seems suspicious to me. We need to get to the real truth somehow. If the wet market story is true and they let them open them again they deserve what they get just build the wall around them instead of down south. If it was a lab accident we really need to distance ourselves from them and maybe another wall is in order. I for one don't trust them.
    THERE now I feel better.

This is where it came from

https://youtu.be/V5ATxwXSvKo

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    With all due respect, in my humble opinion, you miss the point entirely.
    It's easy, but totally wrong to blame racism as the root of any disagreement. Never said this- this is what's wrong with reading communication thru rose colored glasses.!
    I believe there is a larger point to make. Do we, as a society, want to allow ourselves to become dependent on very long supply chains that can be easily disrupted.
    This Covid virus has just made the point very strongly, but we've had many many examples in the past that were pointed, but less encompassing.
    As an example, do you remember the oil embargo of the 1970's ? We have, finally, since then, become energy independent again.
    Refineries used to be placed all over the country, now they focus on the Gulf of Mexico. Look what happens when there is a storm in the region. Gas prices go up because of a little rain.
    Ice storms in Florida make vegetable and fruit prices fluctuate.
    To be sure, it's a good idea to have foreign sources of goods to supplement our own, but just as a matter of course, it's better to have secure sources that are reliably close.
    Just as another example, the Chinese have made passing comments to withhold the anti-biotics that we so desperately need to combat the current plague.[/SIZE]
    Respect accepted, however where did I utter the word that you uttered "racism"? this was not the root. Nationalism, both ism's, but with completely different meanings.

The leader of the current free world has spoken of this MANY times. Without expanding this discussion for every circumstance that has occurred in our life time. Lets discuss your question;
    Do we, as a society, want to allow ourselves to become dependent on very long supply chains that can be easily disrupted.
    I am going to add a "?" mark to your quote above. Easy answer is NO, but long supply chains ( define that. ) Tyson foods I learned today has an issue with there business and they have a very short supply chain. and it is feared there will be a major shortage in the bacon fest that so many here are reliant on! So spreading the risk can't be all bad if you have friends (other nations) that trust you as much as you trust them. So long as your Word is your Word

oooops, I digress, back to your quoted question,,.. but why do we as a capitalistic nation allow that to happen? $$$$$$$$ people are ingrained HERE with " I want" for the least renminbi, oops excuse me dollar.

This is a big topic and one line sound bites no matter how well shared won't cover everything. That's why discussion and debate are so important. We currently don't have that in any of the various platforms of media. Some distinguished people here quote these outlets for news fact.

These internet news outlets I illustrate below have no contact info. Nada, yet if I want to check the sources of any, any of the major news outlets in print or broadcast on our airwaves everyday, I can!

ops my wife is telling me I have to step away from the computer and have dinner, I will be back tomorrow to finish my thoughts
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Ok people, it's time to educate yourselves. lengthily, but VERY informative! https://youtu.be/Gdd7dtDaYmM

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderman2018 View Post
    Ok people, it's time to educate yourselves. lengthily, but VERY informative! https://youtu.be/Gdd7dtDaYmM
    I think the script/synopsis (below the youtube video) pretty much summed it up. Fifty-four minutes is a bit long for me to watch. I also found the comments interesting/informative; I always like the comment section.

Spyder Garage

What little I've encountered Epoc Times I've concluded objectivity is not one of their weak points, let alone a strong point! They make Fox News look liberal!

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Getting a bit edgy...let the arguments go please. Comments okay...but we don't need to go point by point back and forth. Your not going to solve the problem here.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I live in Spain.

Of course Europe is in the midle of an economic war in which the great economy are trying to win the whole world. Nothing new for us.

Even though you are going to tell me that I am installed in the conspiracy theory, I think that in the world there are currently 6,500 million inhabitants and in a few years we will be 8,000. Elderly people cause more expenses than benefits and in 14 years we will be more than the double in my country that will receive a pension. Young people cannot contribute a lot because they do not have a stable and well-paid job, so the health and pension systems will not have enough money.
    More or less the world now has more expenses tha benefits and resources will not arrive to everybody.
    The "system" and the owners of the world are interested in only 4 billion people remaining, young and productive to maintin their privileges.
    Look at the statistics that both in Spain and Italy 90% of the deceased are over 65.
    White and bottled is usually milk.
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    My original post was meant when you have options. I personally would rather buy american then chinese & pay more. I import from hong kong &
    china and for years have wished I had options, Taiwan being one of them. I am an Autel tpms distributor and I hate it that they are owned &
    manufactured in China. But when I buy things personally I do spend more for U.S. built ie snap on tools not harbor freight except when I need
    cheap crap that will only be used rarely. We all know for years many dog foods come from china and may be poison, lead based toys and baby
    soup (a chinese delicacy) and many other things.
    I found a good source for those that don't read or speak mandarin is the Epoch Times.
    I stay away from what I have bolded, since I've read plenty of articles related to those items. If it's a tool, I try to buy U.S., hoping it is better quality. Other stuff like clothing where I'm paying premium, it still is not U.S.; I'm not sure of any premium line clothing produced here.

Spyder Garage

About protests - see my letter to the editor today here: https://www.idahopress.com/opinion/l...b8e1e75ae.html. Third one down, "No right".

2014 Copper RTS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    About protests - see my letter to the editor today here: https://www.idahopress.com/opinion/l...b8e1e75ae.html. Third one down, "No right".
    Well said!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Obviously biased. Hardly informative, in my opinion.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mcalva View Post
    I live in Spain.

Of course Europe is in the midle of an economic war in which the great economy are trying to win the whole world. Nothing new for us.

Even though you are going to tell me that I am installed in the conspiracy theory, I think that in the world there are currently 6,500 million inhabitants and in a few years we will be 8,000. Elderly people cause more expenses than benefits and in 14 years we will be more than the double in my country that will receive a pension. Young people cannot contribute a lot because they do not have a stable and well-paid job, so the health and pension systems will not have enough money.
    More or less the world now has more expenses tha benefits and resources will not arrive to everybody.
    The "system" and the owners of the world are interested in only 4 billion people remaining, young and productive to maintin their privileges.
    Look at the statistics that both in Spain and Italy 90% of the deceased are over 65.
    White and bottled is usually milk.

Spyder Garage

THERE now I feel better.

Very interesting commentary on why China's communist government is one to be really afraid of. Watch this video and be aware that "DR. Fouci" approved all this U.S. money help at the time.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 04-25-2020 at 07:12 PM. Reason: remove politics

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redrazor View Post
    https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=...=att&disp=safe Very interesting commentary on why China's communist govenment is one to be really affraid of. Watch this video and be aware that "DR. Fouci" approved all this U.S. money help at the time.
    There another place to see this? Google mail throws up a 404 error. Are you linking to your mailbox, or to an attachment in an email. That might be the problem.

2014 Copper RTS