Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RTL Deep Marsala Metallic paint code

Having not been able to find the right paint code for the 2020 RTL Deep Marsala Metallic.
    Does anybody out there know what it is?
    Painting trailer to match the RTL.

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NEXUS View Post
    Having not been able to find the right paint code for the 2020 RTL Deep Marsala Metallic.
    This may sound like a dumb question, but have you asked BRP what the paint code is?

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

I emailed and facebooked BRP last week asking about the paint code for 2106 Intense Pearl Red in within minute I had an answer from facebook and the next day in the form of email from BRP.
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    This may sound like a dumb question, but have you asked BRP what the paint code is?
    No question is dumb-I contacted my dealer parts department they were going to get back to me several days ago.
    I just thought maybe somebody out here may have it already in SpyderLovers land

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chasinsparks View Post
    I emailed and facebooked BRP last week asking about the paint code for 2106 Intense Pearl Red in within minute I had an answer from facebook and the next day in the form of email from BRP.
    I just emailed BRP on Facebook just like you suggested.
    Thanks for the info

Spyder Garage

I just emailed BRP on Facebook just like you suggested.
    Thanks for the info

When you get the info, please post it here as I wanna do the same
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I had my trailer painted to match my Chalk 2020 RT Limited. Initially I used the BRP code for the chalk color. When the painter did a test sample, using the code, it was way too dark. He said there was no "pearl" in it. I left him a piece of my body panel and he eventually did a computer match. The computer match turned out perfectly. You may need to go that route.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    When you get the info, please post it here as I wanna do the same

BRP sent this below

We are happy to provide you with the Deep Marsala Metallic paint code:
    B.A.S.F., R-M: 962536
    PPG: 975589

Should you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to
    reply to this email or to call us at 1-888-272-9222.

Have a wonderful day.

Cheers,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    ........ I left him a piece of my body panel and he eventually did a computer match. The computer match turned out perfectly. You may need to go that route.
    NEXUS, like Copperman said, even tho you now have the paint code, which is a good start; buuuut....... if you REALLY want your trailer's colour to 'match' that of your Spyder, I'd STILL be going down the recommend path above - see the Bold.

As soon as your Spyder came out of the paint booth at the factory, that paint colour started changing/fading as a result of everything it's been exposed to - so if you paint it exactly as per the paint code now, it might be reasonably close in colour, but it'll likely never 'match'! But if you simply use the paint code colour as a starting point and exactly colour match it via computer matching NOW, your trailer will match the colour your Spyder is NOW too, so it'll also continue to change/fade at much the same rate as your Spyder does as time goes on! So not only will it look closer if not exactly the same colour to start out with, it'll very likely stay looking the same colour from now on in too!

Colour match by ONLY using the paint code and, at best you'll get a close approximation NOW, only it'll then most likely fade/change differently to the (already somewhat changed) colour of your Spyder over time!

Do you really need to ask me how I know this happens?!? And with darker, more intense colours (like Marsala Metallic!) this has much greater impact than it does on lighter, less intense colours..... altho adding metallic or pearl can make them pretty difficult to match properly too!

So if you want to match the colour now and into the future, getting it done via the computer colour matching process is the way to go!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    NEXUS, like Copperman said, even tho you now have the paint code, which is a good start; buuuut....... if you REALLY want your trailer's colour to 'match' that of your Spyder, I'd STILL be going down the recommend path above - see the Bold.

As soon as your Spyder came out of the paint booth at the factory, that paint colour started changing/fading as a result of everything it's been exposed to - so if you paint it exactly as per the paint code now, it might be reasonably close in colour, but it'll likely never 'match'! But if you simply use the paint code colour as a starting point and exactly colour match it via computer matching NOW, your trailer will match the colour your Spyder is NOW too, so it'll also continue to change/fade at much the same rate as your Spyder does as time goes on! So not only will it look closer if not exactly the same colour to start out with, it'll very likely stay looking the same colour from now on in too!

Colour match by ONLY using the paint code and, at best you'll get a close approximation NOW, only it'll then most likely fade/change differently to the (already somewhat changed) colour of your Spyder over time!

Do you really need to ask me how I know this happens?!? And with darker, more intense colours (like Marsala Metallic!) this has much greater impact than it does on lighter, less intense colours..... altho adding metallic or pearl can make them pretty difficult to match properly too!

So if you want to match the colour now and into the future, getting it done via the computer colour matching process is the way to go!

I agree with all that you said above me.
    I just posted what I was sent from BRP, but I already had taken a body part to be scanned by their computer
    at the body shop to get an exact match color as close possible

Thanks for the advice

Spyder Garage

Default Looking for 2021 Marsala Red color code

Looking to paint a trailer to match. Anyone have the code or even the formula?
    What about the black?

Thanks!
    2021 RT Limited in Marsala Red & chrome (9/20)
    2006 Yamaha Royal Star Venture - Black Cherry
    2003 Suzuki Volusia - Black w/ Gold
    1973 Honda CL350 - Hawaiian Blue

2021 Limited , MArsala Red & Chrome