Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster gas cap help

Got my cap today but it did not have the special tools to install it without taking the Spyder apart. Anyone have that special wrench to reach the nut under the top cover? Can you tell me what size opening or nut it is so I can fab my own? The little wire for fishing the ground wire should not be hard to figure out. Thanks in advance.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    Got my cap today but it did not have the special tools to install it without taking the Spyder apart. Anyone have that special wrench to reach the nut under the top cover? Can you tell me what size opening or nut it is so I can fab my own? The little wire for fishing the ground wire should not be hard to figure out. Thanks in advance.
    8mm nut.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I may be able to tape a 8MM open end wrench to a piece of scrap metal and get that bend to do the same thing. All it does is hold the nut from turning so you can turn the bolt out from the top.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Active Member NorthAlabamaSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I emailed and they told me the tool should have been in the box. Well it was, kind of nestled down in the bottom of the box.
    2019 F3-T and some extra stuff

Spyder Garage

I took the box apart very carefully and no tools. The candy was delicious though.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Who’s a clever sausage then ......good job AY....... and PW2013, of course

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I love it when I can solve things like this with things laying around the shop. Didn't have to make a call and wait for tools to be shipped.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Speaking of special tools, where do you get those special torx wrenches with the hole in the middle for those pins that keep the body parts on? What do they call them, anyway? I am a new owner and never had a use for that type of tool before. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bdq2rc3 View Post
    Speaking of special tools, where do you get those special torx wrenches with the hole in the middle for those pins that keep the body parts on? What do they call them, anyway? I am a new owner and never had a use for that type of tool before. Thanks.
    Those screws are not to be removed. The only hold on the push pins so there is no reason to remove them. The side panels that they are attached to you just pull on the panel( after removing the other screws) to pull the panel off.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I have a set of those Torx with the hole in the middle. bought them at Lowes where they sell both kinds.
    2017 F3 Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They are called "Security Torx".