Spyder Garage

Default Which is better Dyno Jet or Monster

I have a 2018 F3s, with two brother exhaust with their cat delete and 1 baffle from LaMonster. Also have K & N filter. Which do you think is better and give the best performance for this set up. The Dynojet PV 3 or the Monster stage 2.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

stage two

Spyder Garage

ECU flashes, for lack of a better wording, are more permanent. Power Vision 3's can be tuned/adjusted/reset to stock. In the two wheel world, tunes are only as good as the tuner. I wonder who developed the the Monster stage 1/2 flashes ?

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

From experience, I'll say the stage 2 option. It's simply unreal how much it changes the entire throttle response on the bike. The 1330 engine is a whole lot faster than I thought.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrain047 View Post
    From experience, I'll say the stage 2 option. It's simply unreal how much it changes the entire throttle response on the bike. The 1330 engine is a whole lot faster than I thought.
    How did it compare to the Power Vision 3 tune when you were using the PV3 ?

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

I'm not very good with computers and I know that DynoJet has had some problems with installation. However if I didn't have to send in the ECU that would be great, but since some have had to send in their ECU to DynoJet anyway, I might be better off just sending it in to Monster. Sounds like Monster stage 2 will give overall better performance and I don't have to mess around trying to figure out the computer and hook up. My bike is still under warranty and hasn't had it's 3000 mile service yet, will need it soon though. I assume any ECU change would void the remaining warranty.

Spyder Garage

Gray area. If your ECU requires some updates, the techs will know your ECU has been flashed. If your ECU needs to be overwritten, Monster will reflash for free, but it will require you to send it back. The problems with the PV3 have mostly been cables. I can't recall, lately, that any ECU's needed to be sent to DynoJet. The beauty of the PV3 is that it will download/save on file your stock tune. In matter of minutes, you can revert back to this if need be. Granted, it sounds like their is no strong stage 2 type tune in the Dynojet library, but I'm sure down the road their will be. Plus, a competent DynoJet tuner can ride/datalog info from the PV3 and make changes. That's what I will be doing in a couple weeks. Monster is coming out with a programmer that will store a stock tune. Unless they keep individuals stock tune on file, it might not be your exact tune. I dunno? The Monster tuner is $350'sh. A stage two flash is $515. A stage one flash is $395. Getting the device/two flashes is $1260'sh. As far as warranty? Can-Am could play hard ball. Any engine damage (valves/pistons/etc) while using a ECU flash will likely not be covered. Transmission issues "could" be blamed on a device that produces more power than the factory recommended. In the US, the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act could be helpful, but it could be a long, drawn out battle. Basically comes down to you..

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Thanks Troop great info, I'll have to think about this a bit.

Spyder Garage

Troop,

Can you provide insight into where this vast library of tunes is located from dynojet? I am on the fence between the Monster Stage 1 and Dynojet but when I look on their site I only see two tunes for Stock systems and one for a Two Brothers exhaust setup.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

go with monster 1 or two cant go wrong but if you do 1 youll wish you went with two i did 1 before there was a two sent back up got 2 big difference

Spyder Garage

The reason why I considered the Monster setup is due to me trying to get access to the ECU. The airbox is a pain to try to remove for the STS. It seems like its too big for the tiny space that its in.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jgroove View Post
    Troop,

Can you provide insight into where this vast library of tunes is located from dynojet? I am on the fence between the Monster Stage 1 and Dynojet but when I look on their site I only see two tunes for Stock systems and one for a Two Brothers exhaust setup.
    This is what is shown for my 2019 F3-S. According to Dusty at DJ, tune 2505601 was developed at DJ on a 2018 F3-S. I purchased my PV3 from Fuel Moto. They are about 90 miles north of me. I'll be heading up there in the next couple weeks to have him load/ride/tweak that tune. He's one of the most well known DJ tuners in the country. He has actually tuned four of my prior bikes. Give him a call at 920-423-3309. Very straight shooter. The call is free. Tell him Jeff Cunningham sent ya

POWER VISION 3 FOR CAN-AM SPYDER F3 TUNES AVAILABLE
    Power Vision 3 for Can-Am Spyder F3 has tunes, see below
    25056017C1153OD5VKS1 : Stock exhaust, Stock intake
    25055017C1153OD5VMS9 : Stock exhaust, Stock intake
    25054017C1141OD5VMS5 : Stock exhaust, Stock intake
    25053017C1135OA7VHS2 : Stock exhaust, Stock intake
    25052017C1135OA7VMSA : Stock exhaust, Stock intake
    25051017C1153OD6VMS5 : Stock exhaust, Stock intake
    25050017C1153OA7VKS1 : Stock exhaust, Stock intake
    2505A017C1153OD6VKS1: Stock exhaust, Stock intake, Altered DBW table, Altered target AFR table, Altered timing table, Lowered fan temps, Raised rev limit +300rpm, Raised speed limits

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Thanks, will do!