Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zumo XT

Spyder Garage

Nope sorry. I've got an RTL and anything that goes on the bars is going to have to be mounted with a Lamonster Spyder cuff.....which I now have, along with the drink holder. Dang I'm getting old!

Spyder Garage

Yeah .. I just went down to the hardware store and bought a zinc u-bolt for $1.90. I wound it tightly with electric tape for both a black look and rust prevention. This RAM base mount arrives from Amazon tomorrow. Routed my power cable/GPS base so I can bolt it onto my Madstad windshield cross brace. Nice and rigid. The GPS will be just below my line of sight, above the gauges. Sweeet
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

When I mounted mine I went with a between the dash and windshield mount. Was concerned that I might be messing up moving it too far away. Turns out it's a very good location. Plus i have room for other additions if needed.
    dash mount.jpg
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

My RAM mount and glare visor arrived today from Amazon. The GPS mounts up perfectly, using the Madstad windshield cross brace. Direct line of sight above the gauges. I no longer have to dip my sight down to the handlebar area. The photo is from the driver seat. Also, I took a chance on a $13 visor from Amazon. Even though a Prime item, it is not returnable, but I thought WTH. Good call because it also fits perfectly. Will help with glare and rain, as the screen is quite reflective. Now I'm good to go, except it's 36*/snow flurrying today !!
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

I put the shade that you linked to in my shopping list at Amazon. So far, I really haven't had any issues with glare (not much anyway), but I may decide to do it if it becomes a problem. Thanks for the link Troop <<<real name not used>>>.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Can the sound of the alerts be sent thru the bluetooth to the audio on the spyder? I dont see a 3.5mm jack on there harness.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Can the sound of the alerts be sent thru the bluetooth to the audio on the spyder? I dont see a 3.5mm jack on there harness.
    Yes, Lamonster recently posted a how to video.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yeah was looking at this for my 2014 RT and will get that running soon then..Just wanted to be sure the commands would be sent thru the Bluetooth on the Garmin xt.

Spyder Garage

I broke down and ordered me a XT today from Lamonster Garage. It has already shipped. I can use it for my Ozark ryde on Memorial Day weekend. Ill be leading over 18 for 3 days. The XT will make it much better.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

There is my F3L with the Zumo XT and the OEM mount BRPB8348840-A382-40BB-A7D5-97EB684220CD.jpg
    Spyder RT LTD 2018 SE6 ASPHALT GREY METALLIC - DARK EDITION( Wife)
    Spyder F3T 2016 LTD Black Special Édition
    French Spyder Forum
    SpyderTeam Rive-Sud MTL

Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/spyderteam/
    Twitter
    https://twitter.com/SpyderTeam_ca

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well looks like I am changing over to the XT and hope to use the BRP mount which it should work. Plus bought the visor mentioned above and fits pretty well But think the elastic will not hold up too long. If not can convert to Velcro.

So I will be mounting it on my 2014 RT soon.

Going to sell my brand new 660 never used still in the box with extras. Hope to have posted soon. I been using my 665 since I had my Harley and transferred it to the Spyder.

Spyder Garage

I downloaded the Birdseye Imagery for my local area. I think it's pretty unique. Has anyone here downloaded the Garmin $30 Birdseye map feature? It was updated in February, so I'd expect one more before the end of the (1) year subscription.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    I downloaded the Birdseye Imagery for my local area. I think it's pretty unique. Has anyone here downloaded the Garmin $30 Birdseye map feature? It was updated in February, so I'd expect one more before the end of the (1) year subscription.
    The birds eye Imagery is free with the XT. I have not had time to play with it. Still trying to see who I am having problems with the XT connections to my Basecamp and also why my basecamp will not load the may where you see all the mountains and hills.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    The birds eye Imagery is free with the XT. I have not had time to play with it. Still trying to see who I am having problems with the XT connections to my Basecamp and also why my basecamp will not load the may where you see all the mountains and hills.
    I probably am missing something, but it seems like you can only load up Birdseye in the area where you are currently located. I'm sure I just don't understand the gist of it yet..

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Finding my Zumo XT screen plenty bright, but quite reflective, I thought I'd look for a anti glare solution. Being an odd size, options are limited, but I found a solution. For $2.69 on ebay, I bought an Ipad anti glare/matte film protector. When cut to fit, you have (2) pieces. No noticeable difference in screen visibility with a bit of extra screen protection. WTH
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Anti-Glare-...72.m2749.l2649

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Switched to the Garmin XT last week. Although I haven’t had the time to play with a lot, I can say it is amazing in its clarity, features, ease of operation and the Wi-Fi and phone app capabilities are pretty cool.
    It mounted directly to the same swivel mount I had for the previous Zumo. (see pic #1) It is located in the center plate holding the handlebars. (pic #2). And pic #3 shows a sun shade I had laying around. I modified the straps so it would better fit the XT.
    C28F330C-2468-4E7F-88BB-AE923FB4BDDB.jpg
    583B8E96-E869-41C6-BEE0-5CB4644E99D0.jpg
    B860F3E5-63F3-41B8-B174-C17B7842F65A.jpg
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by giantjas View Post
    Nexus, can you explain how you wired your GPS up and/or direct me to an installation video? Thanks
    I had the same question with my new 2020 and with some help from Jetfixer, here on Spyder Lovers (see the link in the video), and some wiring help from Lamonster was able to (watch him) fix it. (NOTE: I am NOT an expert. I just know guys who are.) I created a little video to help others out with this same problem. I had wired it to the headlight breaker and while it worked, Lamonster said that was not 'optimal.' ("Bad" was the actual word.) He did the whole thing in about 5 minutes. It was impressive to watch. The video goes kind of quick to minimize upload/download time, but pause it as needed to read instructions. Note: the BRP accessory/GPS wiring is plugged in to the side of the bike, but goes NOWHERE. It's just a dead end plug. Lamonster removed that, snipped the end of it off, wired in the XT and voila!
    https://youtu.be/YGLGiz7Ho9g

Paul "Wingman" Metheney
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited

2020 RTL , Red