Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Took it into the dealership today and met with Kenny there service manager. I gave him a folder
    with all the information that I've had and pictures and even the parts out of the service manual that
    he would need and the service bulletin that was issued from the zip ties.

He couldn't of been a nicer guy. Took it in the shop did his own analysis came to the same conclusion
    in about an hour and 1/2. Contacted BRP made a case for it. BRP has not had according to what he told
    me any issues like mine where the tabs on the back had broken off. But Kenny said BRP wanted to do
    whatever they could to get this issue resolved. Told him to order whatever he needed to fix this problem.

I couldn't of been any happier to hear this I was looking for something entirely different. They're going to
    get all the parts and resolve this problem when they get the trailer hitch in to put on at the same time.
    So BRP representative if you reading this Thank You. Now what's the deal on the trailer hitch.

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the update.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nexus, sure glad to read your post.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AVBIZ View Post
    Honestly cant see any incentive to buying right now:

1. Economic uncertainty
    2. 2020 RT and Factory have QC issues
    3. Due to virus riding is limited

Deja vu all over again.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

Hi upsdoctor, what is it with the trailer hitch, new hitch design or only new wiring ?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rtmario View Post
    Hi upsdoctor, what is it with the trailer hitch, new hitch design or only new wiring ?
    The hitch that fits previous RTs fits the 2020. One of my riding friends had the dealer move the hitch from his 2015 RTL to his new 2020 when he traded it in. The wiring harness IS different and he is still waiting for that...... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    The hitch that fits previous RTs fits the 2020. One of my riding friends had the dealer move the hitch from his 2015 RTL to his new 2020 when he traded it in. The wiring harness IS different and he is still waiting for that...... Jim
    Hummm, the 2020 rear end mud guard must be really close to the ball since it's longer then 2019 and earlier.

Spyder Garage

Has anyone heard from their dealers if the fix available yet for this? I thought the updates were due out this week.
    Bob H - Derry, NH
    2020 Spyder RT Limited - Petrol Metallic Blue
    2010 RT622 Trailer and BRP Hitch
    BRP Vented Touring Windshield, BRP Backrest
    Garmin 590 with BRP Mount
    Fobo TPMS for Spyder and Trailer
    Lidlox, Blue Sea Fuse Box for power distribution
    Ram Ball Mounts for Radar Detector, Cup Holder and Phone Holder
    Sena 20S / SL2 Headsets, Foam Grip Covers, Belt Tensioner
    BAJA Ron Sway Bar and Shock Adjusters, Heli Bars

Spyder Garage

The instructions for installing the hitch say to remove the factory mud guard.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Gotta get the harness fabbed up in China! Quality Control and all that...
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by upsdoctor View Post
    Has anyone heard from their dealers if the fix available yet for this? I thought the updates were due out this week.
    I thought they were to start shipping them around the 30th but that was before everything was shut down.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    The instructions for installing the hitch say to remove the factory mud guard.
    Same issue as the 2018 and newer F3 T&L's have. The right side lower mud guard on the rear fender can rub on the hitch so when you get the hitch kit for those models they include a new lower guard with a cut out. What I did when I moved the RT hitch off our 2014 RT was to ride it and find the rub marks, and cut out the area needed for clearance using a box cutter. I like mine as I didn't remove as much as the factory one so in my opinion it looks better.
    What I noticed with the new lower and wider factory rear fender it solved the issue of spray up the back that we had with the 2014 RT.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I thought they were to start shipping them around the 30th but that was before everything was shut down.

Me to

brp.png

Vanessa-BRPcare

Thanks for your reply. We hope you are doing well today.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for part number 219400990, showing available on our website but not being available
    when you call your dealer.

We are going to look into what can be done so the part is removed from the website for the time being.

It seems that production delays from the supplier are at the origin of the wait. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and
    thank you so much for your continued patience.

Should you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reply to this email or contact us at 1-888-272-9222.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Have a fantastic day.

Cheers,
    _
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________
    Vanessa,
    thank you for the fast response on getting me the paint codes. Can you tell me why they're such a long wait on the
    trailer hitch for the 2020 RTL (Style: 219400990)

my dealer says (On BRP"s dealership order site they are still saying that it is still on back order. Now not available
    May 21st. We tried direct order and got the same response)

When you go on BRP's website. It shows available and I don't understand it's been put off now three times to a
    different date. I have a BRP trailer I can't use and it will be almost half the year

over with for the trailer hitch. That's if it doesn't get bumped again. Pleased check on this if you can and let me know..

Thank you

<BC>

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know that the Vanssa BRP response email helps you 'none', however, it is well written. This girl must be in public relations which BRP needs. Not picking on BRP, every motorcycle corp can use some good PR.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NEXUS View Post

Sunday 4/12 was the first time my wife rode on the Spyder we drove to the Blue Ridge Pkwy.
    in Virginia only to find it closed also the Shenandoah Parkway. We stopped and I was trying to
    open the right hand rear side cargo door. It would not open. I checked to make sure it was not
    locked I went to the left side it would not open. Went back to the right side pulled a little harder
    and broke the handle off in my hand.

After I came home I took it in the shop took the rear cargo module off and put it on the lift.
    I could see the rear gap in the back on both sides. But I could see nothing wrong or anything
    that might cause this from underneath or on top. So I decided not to pull it apart to investigate
    because from what I see it's either defective part or a design issue. The rear of these RT's come
    completely assembled from the factory. All they have to do a bolt them on at the dealership.
    This is what worries me. Our ride was on a smooth paved road. It's almost as if both sides
    sank down a little.

For whatever reason when my wife sat on it that weight push down and causes this problem for
    I had not had any problems opening up either rear side cargoes doors before this. And my wife
    only weighs a 120 something (only she knows)

There's no fault here to blame other than a part failure or design issue. I have not taken any
    parts off the rear of this Spyder for anything since I've owned it. Again this all came about
    when my wife for the first time road with me Sunday for about hundred miles and the only
    thing was the weight that this now had to hold which for whatever reason caused the issue.
    I look at other pictures of the rears of the 2020 RT's and there is no gap like this.

I have contacted my dealer who sold this to me and sent them some pictures. I'm just wondering
    if anybody else has come across this yet besides me. Other than this I have been completely satisfied
    with this new RTL Spyder and I still think this is the best one yet.

Because of the coronavirus as is everywhere else my dealership has limited capabilities now and
    may not be able to get to it for a while. I'm wondering if BRP should look into this before they
    disassemble it.

This same thing has sort of happened to my 2020 RTL. Except it's the left side case and I didn't break the handle. I am able to get the case open by jiggling the case with my knee whilst lifting up on the handle.

I took it to the dealer, which by coincidence, coincided with the arrival of the recall brake part. The recall was performed and they determined the case alignment was off, but couldn't be fixed until the new rear replacement plastic is in, so the bike was returned to me and it was left as an open ticket.

Thanks, Nexus for the original heads up, so I didn't have to repeat your mistake of breaking the handle off.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KX5062 View Post
    This same thing has sort of happened to my 2020 RTL. Except it's the left side case and I didn't break the handle. I am able to get the case open by jiggling the case with my knee whilst lifting up on the handle.

I took it to the dealer, which by coincidence, coincided with the arrival of the recall brake part. The recall was performed and they determined the case alignment was off, but couldn't be fixed until the new rear replacement plastic is in, so the bike was returned to me and it was left as an open ticket.

Thanks, Nexus for the original heads up, so I didn't have to repeat your mistake of breaking the handle off.
    When you look at the front of the side bags is the gap consistent from top to bottom? I’m referring to the gap between the lid and the bag itself? We saw some at dealers that had uneven reveals and the bags didn’t open and close as smoothly as those with a consistent reveal. We thought it was probably not assembled/adjusted properly by the dealer during set up. In the one picture (the picture that is right side up) you can see how the gap is wider at the top and narrower at the bottom. On the other picture (the sideways one) the reveal is consistent.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

There does appear to be a minor misalignment, which the dealer identified. They said they didn't feel it was "fixable" until they got the new plastic parts. They said they could mess around with it, but thought it would be a waste of time until the new parts arrived. I concurred and was good with their judgement.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Seems the dealer is working with you, that's a good thing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KX5062 View Post
    There does appear to be a minor misalignment, which the dealer identified. They said they didn't feel was "fixable" until they got the new plastic parts. They said they could mess around with it, but thought it would be a waste of time until the new parts arrived. I concurred and was good with their judgement.

My problem and yours are very similar. The solution is also the same and the conclusion for my dealership is the same as yours.

Also quite interesting is the service manager put his knee hard against the other side that I did not break the handle off of.
    Pushed inward with his knee while pulling on the handle and showed me how to open it this way. He didn't think there was any way to
    adjust anything till he gets the parts. And again I think this is a minor issue myself. It has not kept me from riding it in any way.
    My only disappointment at the moment is the trailer hitch. I'm picking up my 622 trailer from the paint shop Monday but still
    have to park it waiting on the trailer hitch.

Spyder Garage

Default Update on OEM repairs to rear end assembly

Picked up my RT from the dealership Friday after it had been there two weeks to
    get the problems fixed with the rear end assembly from the factory OEM problem
    and replaced the parts for the side hatch where the handle broke off.

The dealers service manager Kenny was a little dismayed on how much he had to take
    apart to fix this OEM problem to replace the defective parts. It took them twice as long
    with two mechanics working on it to replace the parts for the allotted time that BRP
    said it would.

Resized952020061295090341.jpg

Resized952020061295090346.jpg

Interestingly enough, the side hatch assembly lever when they took it apart was full of rust.
    He had to the send that back to BRP for them to look at it and open up a new case with BRP
    just for that part.

The finished result was no more sagging side bags and no more open cracks between
    the parts on the rear assembly. I am very well pleased with the finished product and
    the way the dealership handled the situation which costed me no money.

The opposite side bags latch is still stiff and have to put a knee into it to get it to open.
    The one they replaced is effortlessly easy to open. The service manager said if it gets to be a
    problem. He will try to get that replace that one also.

The service manager called me Monday to see if everything was okay with what they did and
    I think that's the first time anybody's call me back from a dealership concerned about what I think.

All in all BRP came through with the parts dealership did a great job putting them on and
    making sure I was satisfied with the results.

Spyder Garage

Nexus, sounds like one of your rear latches needs to be adjusted. Both of mine were sticking like yours and had to use my leg to push on the cover before it opened. The cable adjuster can be accessed by going underneath the saddlebag, you will see an opening just behind the latch. The follow the cable from the back of the latch down until you find the adjuster. Loosen the holding nut. At this point i marked the adjuster with a silver sharpie for a reference point. I turned two full turns clockwise before my saddlebag would open correctly. Hope this helps. PM me if you need help.
    Bob H - Derry, NH
    2020 Spyder RT Limited - Petrol Metallic Blue
    2010 RT622 Trailer and BRP Hitch
    BRP Vented Touring Windshield, BRP Backrest
    Garmin 590 with BRP Mount
    Fobo TPMS for Spyder and Trailer
    Lidlox, Blue Sea Fuse Box for power distribution
    Ram Ball Mounts for Radar Detector, Cup Holder and Phone Holder
    Sena 20S / SL2 Headsets, Foam Grip Covers, Belt Tensioner
    BAJA Ron Sway Bar and Shock Adjusters, Heli Bars

Spyder Garage

Nexus, I have that exact RLS pipe on my 19 RTL. Gave it a nice growl.
    2021 RTL Chrome Deep Marsala
    HELI Bars
    Garmin Zumo XT
    USB power port
    Front fender lights & Sequential turn signals
    Front LED Auxiliary light
    Flashing brake module TricLED
    Baha Ron sway bar
    belt tensioner
    RLS muffler

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red