Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyderpops Bump skid users ?

Just curious to see how many here have the Spyderpops F3 bump skid pan installed? I see more of them being used on RT's. If so, do you like it? Is it effective? Easy to install? I'm pondering purchasing one and want some user input. Thanks

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

IMO it helps some but still found that it will cause damage if you hit this on the road.

Spyder Garage

I had one on my RTS. Seems I always bottomed out after I put it on. Do not have one on the F3L. Not planning on getting one.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I have one on my F3-S. Really like it and it has saved the bottom of my Spyder on several occasions.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Yes, Yes, and Yes.
    I strongly recommend it.
    It's a softer plastic so it has some give to it, and won't shatter when it's hit, yet fully protects the nose and bottom.
    I'm disappointed the bump skid is not yet available on my 2020 RT Limited.
    The design of the new RT may not allow for a bump skid.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I love the one on my 18 RTL. I have hit something at the same time as I was trying to avoid something. It hit hard and jarred the bike. I stopped and looked and the skid had a 1 1/2" small dent running long ways in it. The lights still work with none out. That was the reason I installed it first of all the things I have put on. That was over a year ago and close to 9000 miles and no problems.
    Thank you,
    Ray B.
    These are the states I have driven my Spyder Rt Limited too.

Mudflap -- Walmart
    Tricled Headlights and Fog lights -- valueaccessories.comRimsavers -- RimBladesUSA.com
    Showchrome Tiregard (TPMS) -- motorcycleid.com
    Front and side grilles -- CanAmSpyderAccessories
    Passenger arm rest -- Diamond R Accessories
    Rear axle caps -- Lamonster
    Magic Mirrors -- Lamonster
    Yellow and red running and blinker lights on fender --Show Chrome
    TRUNK-MOUNTED, DOUBLE FLAG HOLDER -- Rivco
    Rear Brake light for trunk -- Custom Dynamics
    Bumpskid w/led lights -- Spyderpops
    Seat cushion -- Airhawk
    Cup holders -- Drink2Go
    Ultragard-4-457BK-Black-Cover-Spyder -- Big Bike Parts

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We have one on our 2016 F3L. Works great, I also cranked up the front shock preload for more ground clearance.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Getting one soon for my 2019 F3L. Will let you know.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have a non lighted bumpskid on my '14 RTS. It has plenty of minor scratches and a couple of larger gouges that probably would have ruined the plastic " down there".

Get one----------

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

We have a lighted one on our 2018 RTL. Cleaning the other day I was supersized how many scrapes and gouges there were down there, as I have been careful to not run over anything tall enough to drag the bottom of the Spyder. I got the lighted one with remote. I keep it on a modulating setting during the day and set it at a steady 25% brightness at night. It sort of works like a headlight modulator. The thumbnail is a static picture, the link is a clip of it in action.
    https://youtu.be/FlVqyLoG3h4
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Spyder Garage

Got one on the 2019 F3-S. Scraped it a few time coming across a dip. I try to hit the dips and speed bumps at a good angle so there is no scraping. So far, no damage at all to the front end or the bump skid. Just some scraped places you would have to crawl under the front end to even see. It is worth the cost, just for the peace of mind that you are not going to tear up any tupperware on a dip or speed bump. Got almost 10,000 miles on it now.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

One of the first things i get on my spyders, saves the front end from nasty scratches and damage, well worth it.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Thx for the input. I think I'll pull the trigger on one next week. Like highwayman, I dialed up my preload a bit on my front shocks/added 160/60-15 tires before I had a laser alignment. Little extra protection won't hurt. Is their any known differences between the Spyderpops version and the Tricled version sold by Slingmods ? It installs like this .. https://www.slingmods.com/can-am-spy...poiler%20guard Do any of the vendors here have forum member codes for any type of discounts ?

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

SPYDERPOPS is the original and best.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Well .. I guess that's what I'm trying to ascertain. They're both around the same cost. I see you use a Spyderpops, so I value that info. Do you have experience with the Tricled version? Thanks

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    SPYDERPOPS is the original and best.

Cruzr Joe
    I agree with Joe, have 1 on my 2017 F3T and 1 on the MRS 2015 STL.

T.P.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Well .. I guess that's what I'm trying to ascertain. They're both around the same cost. I see you use a Spyderpops, so I value that info. Do you have experience with the Tricled version? Thanks
    We have installed both and they are very similar. We will not install the lighted ones though as the lights will eventually go out on them.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    We have installed both and they are very similar. We will not install the lighted ones though as the lights will eventually go out on them.
    Awesome .. Thank you Ann. I am leaning to the Spyderpops version as they/Lamonster are both supporters and have a loyal following. I am not interested in the LED version as they're just too low to the ground for me.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    One of the first things i get on my spyders, saves the front end from nasty scratches and damage, well worth it.

Cruzr Joe
    Totally
    Riding through the mountains last year in a heavy storm and got caught in a rock slide.
    Hit a rock about twice the size of a softball at about 40 mph.
    Once clear of the rock slide I pulled over expecting some major damage to my front end.
    Small dent in the bumpskid, not a scratch on the bike!!!
    Not only would I have incurred serious damage to the bike, we were on a 3 week road trip that would have come to an end!
    Buy it & forget about it!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Wife has one on her F3-T and she loves it. No problems and it saved her when she made a wrong turn on a dirt road and lead us up on a mountain with only truck haul roads for about an hour! I was not a happy camper (I didn't have one on my F3-Ltd). We have bought several things from Spyderpops and have had nothing but good feelings and great looks on everything. You won't be disappointed! And customer service, I wish everybody I dealt with had Spyderpops customer service!

O. J.
    Ridin' "Lucille", the MusicMaker
    a 2017 F3 Limited (Pure Magnesium Metallic)
    Wife, Jan, riding "Ruby Jane"
    a 2016 F3-T (Intense Red Pearl)
    2017 F3-Limited , Magnesium (light grey)

Spyder Garage

I'll be ordering one this week (bump skid/no lights). Hoping car ramps will lift it high enough to install.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

I installed an original Spyderpops LED bumpskid on my 2014 RT. The "movers" damaged it when we had our goods shipped from AK to AR. Half of the lights no longer worked. Took it to Lamonster Garage for service and other stuff, he fixed the lights for free. Very nice of Lamont to do that.

I have since purchased a new Generation #2, Spyderpops LED Bumpskid for my 2019 F3. Spyderpops says it has been improved and the lights should no longer quit functioning if it gets smacked. It does look more substantial than the original. No mileage experience for now, but it sure looks good to me.

Either way, I am happy with the product. Would recommend it to others.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    I'll be ordering one this week (bump skid/no lights). Hoping car ramps will lift it high enough to install.
    I parked mine on top of a couple concrete blocks when I put it on. Plenty of room to work under it.

2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    That is like saying you won't buy tires because they will eventually wear out?

I know that Spyderpops has replacement sets of lights.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

My reasoning for no lights is that being so close to the ground, they are way more susceptible to being damaged by road debris..

2022 RT Sea To Sky